Garmin 620- Race prediction times

DT19DT19 ✭✭✭

I recently  started running with this watch and have only completed easy runs in it so far.

The race prediction faciilty is giving me 5 and 10k times that would represent a pb. Is this jut a quirky tool to be taken with a large dose of salt?

Interested in whether there are runners out there who have trained and raced in one for a while that can estimate th accuracy from their perspectives?

Comments

• Keith LKeith L ✭✭✭

Mine are (in my view) hopelessly optimistic.

• ChimneyChimney ✭✭✭

Hiya, for me it's pretty spot on with my pb's set last year, though I'm not quite in that shape at the mo. 

You could read that as it's unlikely to be psychic and as it's basing it on what it knows about me it's over egged it, or, they've got some pretty hot software in there and based on what it's seen knows better than me what I'm currently capable of.

Take your pick!

If reality matched intention I'd know I was dreaming
  • Go CazGo Caz ✭✭✭

Mine are also hopelessly optimistic, particularly the marathon time. I would love to think it could be right though!

• DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    I think the range of paces is pretty much the same as McMillan which is pretty optimistic with marathon times. It has my 5k and 10k times at pb level just so about 30 seconds and 1 min faster than where I think I am. Not hideously optimistic...more aspirational!