Back later

Comments

• Morning.

What:               something easy, probably in the gym
    Why:                LSR yesterday/wet and windy out
    Last hard:        yesterday's run wasn't easy
    Last rest:         last year

Lyrics - not ringing any bells.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning LMH

30mins steady. Legs feeling heavy

Cold, wet and windy here today.

Catch up over coffee

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Morning!

lyrics, yes - from one of my favourite albums and looking forward to some new stuff coming soon. 

Hoping for some snow later today, if the forecast is right.  Will do an easy 5 or 6 later.

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

Run yesterday didn't happen. Really felt the squats from crossfit after my 1.5 hour drive and my bad leg was protesting. Went for a walk instead.

What: physio then 8 km with a friend

Why: need to get thin and fit!

Last hard: weighing myself last night. I'm not sure I believed the scales though...they said I'd put on 4 kg in one week (one where I've been eating less and healthier...).

Lyrics: nope

Hello AF image happy new year.

Have a good one all
  • What: maybe short swim later

Why: depends whether there is time

Last rest: Monday

Last hard: 9 days ago

Lyrics no

No snow yet but wind up again -not looking good for Elspeth's ferry home!
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning
    Impressive 800s Don
    what - run tonight
    why - lunchtimes temporarily unavailable. Company relocated to Canary Wharf, and despite being in a 30 storey building there are no showers. Ridiculous. I'll find some somewhere though.

last rest - 9 days
    last hard - yesterday. Timed pyramids on grass. 3min/2min/90s/60s/45s/30s and back again

lyric - not obvious immediately

have agreat day

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

morning all

lyrics no

oh DUstin that's mad! no showers!

emzap hope your leg is easier today - I have the same need as you!

my 5 mile run splits last night went like this (I added fartleks and drills) 10.35, 9.49,9.42,9.21,9.14 - I just cranked it up each mile, without really meaning to! It felt good

what: rest day (tai chi press ups squats and crunches)

why: need one

last hard: last night

last rest: sunday

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Can't be right emzap - maybe they need a new battery?

Braved the weather myself in the end got soaked through then blown dry, just made it home before the next heavy shower arrived.

Really surprised that your offices don't have showers Dustin - the building can't be that old?

Good to hear Wabo.

Looking forward to snow Donaldo?

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

I love snow for playing about in but I don't like the disruption it causes.  It's arrive now and the windy, mild morning has been replaced by a winter wonderland in a matter of hours.  Looks lovely outside.  Expecting serious snowfall later on this evening.

I love running in snow so hopefully my easy run later will also be fun!!

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    I'm hoping it's wrong too LMH but it has a new battery...

8 km d&d. Much faster pace than recently and felt really easy too. Physio caused quite a bit of pain during my 30 mins...must be helping though if running's getting easier

Don't good luck with the snow.

Well done getting out there in this weather LMH
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    What: an amusing 12 as I got lost in Tamworth

intervals pm

Why: I like to move it

last hard: parts of yesterday

last rest: nye

lyrics: no
  • Afternoon!

Lyrics: no

What: short run later
    Why: work, then drive to Leicester. Tomorrow take mum to younger sister's funeral and then move her to Chester. Roll on tomorrow night.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • em: 4kg in a week? Never! Those scales are rubbish. Buy new ones image I need to buy new ones too - no weight loss in more than a week image  I lost 2kg fairly quickly but now it's stagnating although I'm practially digesting myself - I eat so damn little compared to my usual portion size image  Glad your running is going better image

Wet 'n wild out there today ... glad I got a lunchtime run in. Tonight I'd have been blown about and drenched.

what: 5 blustery miles at lunchtime
    why: needed the zzzzzs this morning
    last hard: tourist dodging
    last rest: Saturday

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Put another 1.5kg on overnight.  I really don't trust these things!  Today the calorie counting started!

• Evening all

what: 8M in a minute (maybe a bit faster than normal)
    why: needed the zzzzzs this morning
    last hard: not doing hard
    last rest: 16/1

• Tempo'ish run cut short by a level-crossing coming down image
    5.9M @ 7:11 felt comfortable but couldn't go any faster. Will need to work on speed at some point.
    2.1M cool down @ 8's

• Joe: you have just done amarathon. And then a marathon. And recently you ran a few other marathons. And wouldn't worry too much about speed. I'd want my body to recover a bit. Sorry...a lot.

What: 2.31k

Why: the M6 was shut so my drive was nearly four hours. Legs wouldn't work and my stomach was rumbling.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

5 miles in the snow, very cold and I stupidly forgot my hat so the cold wind and snow piling into my face gave me a headache!   Not as fun as I had hoped image

• alehouse - body fairly recovered, most worrying thing is still my ankle from ages ago. As it is still weak and I rolled it again yesterday (not much).

No proper marathons now till the 26/2. Watford half on Sunday so wanted to see what HMP pace was, don't think I really succeeded, but I quite often turn up on a start line and just go with what feels right. Don't expect Sunday to be much different.

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Rest day here, move on....

Massage too, that was sore but good and needed

Take care

• Didn't achieve yesterday's planned run, and had more food than necessary.
    Did manage a run tonight, 6.5 miles at a steady pace to keep warm but not get damp.
    Don't laugh, we've still not had any snow here that has needed so much as a brushing of the path, and that was just one morning. Conversely, my Sister's skiing in Buxton.

We'll see what tomorrow brings.