Friday 30th Jan 2015

Morning

Todays lyrics:'Crown you with my heart.'

Right off out into the cold and snow.

Back later

Comments

• Moning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Sometimes by Sound of Guns.

Faster usually I think Blisters.

Are you swimming sessions when you're swimming alone chunky or just doing lengths?

Glad to hear it Alehouse.

Hope it was good stuff Gobi.

What:            something short and easy
    Why:             work
    Last hard:     getting out the door yesterday
    Last rest:      last year

Lyrics - think so.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning,

Back again. Just got off of 14 hour shifts.. No time for sleep let alone train. My body is still sore from snow boarding, not helping that I'm not eating or sleeping enough. Did my first lumbar puncture yesterday though!

Planning on going for a run and then swim tonight. Next tri will be the April Oxford sprint (where the bf is from) and then bristol Olympic, the 70.3. Still panicking that I'm not training enough.

I spoke to a cardiologist and he thinks I may be pushing myself into SVT when I run. I still need a cardio tape and an echo. When I get that done is anyone's guess.

Currently sitting at 49 kilos, not sure how that happened. Must eat more, feeling pretty run down and over worked to be honest. Why on earth did I pick this career!!
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning all,
    Dibs - hopefully things (life) will settle soon
    chunky - well toughed out in the pool
    what - easy 5 or 6 later
    why - gear up for some weekend long stuff
    last rest - yesterday
    last hard - wednesday
    lyric - no

have a lovely weekend, who's racing?

• Morning All

What - Probably nothing
    Why - Busy and it won't harm me
    Last Hard - Nope
    Last Rest - Today maybe

Lyrics - I think so

• Morning again

Right to catch up.

• Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: something later
    Why: check out parkrun course. Supposed to be officially measuring it tomorrow...but at the moment given the snow and ice it looks like we won't be able to stand up on it!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Well dodgy underfoot here this morning - had to resort to the treadie.

Hope you can find a balance soon Dibs.

• Just cold and wet here but severe gale forecast the morn. Boats cancelled.

What: dunno
    Why: tired and on-call
    Last hard: failing to jump start our van left at pier with flat battery - try again today
    Last rest: Monday
    Lyrics:no

I get SVT Dibs but never when I'm active.
    (I did my first LP as a medical student and that was on a baby, how times change)

• Morning all

What: Exercises every half hour (Squats/planks/press ups alternate)
    Why: It's what I've been doing since NY at work
    Last Hard: October
    Last Rest:Ongoing image
    Lyrics: Nope

Ready for first run tomorrow so playing safe to make sure I don't wimp out by Park Running

• Morning all, just.

Dibs, I sure hope you are not very tall! Life balance in your trade? Used to be in the small print of the hypocratic oath that you signed body and soul over to those who drew up the shift schedules.  So my father (a medic) told me.  I possess an extraordinary letter from my grandfather's mother to my grandfather (also a medic), six months after he got married to my grandma (also a medic).  The detailed how his father (my great grandad, also a medic) had taken to bed with shame after hearing of the marriage, such was the disgrace in the medical community of considering marriage when you held a prestigious residency. Can I recommend a career in mathematics?  No shift work, no life-death bad days at the office, only madness in the way of work related hazards.  Beats me how docs stayed human then.  Perhaps they didn't.  Not sure all of them do now.

Me? Trying to stay human. About 4 miles, saw a little egret. Gave up on the way back and walked. Did 4 easy sets of steps, thus completing the contract. 

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Afternoon all

Dibs look after yourself.  49kg is really not very much (I think you're the same height as me).  

Sounds like a nice outing today Stickless.  Seeing wildlife is always a bonus

What: rest
    Why: racing tomorrow.  Currently there's a few cm of snow on the ground, and I'm pretty low.  Tomorrow I'm going into the Harz where there'll likely be a lot more snow...
    Last hard: getting the train this morning, 5:20 is far to early to leave in the morning
    Lyrics: nope

Enjoy the parkrun tomorrow Straycelt.
    Ale hope you can stand up at yours!

Happy Friday image

• (((Dibs))) be careful. I have SVT and a leaky heart valve. I take meds to sort it and right now I hardly notice it.

49kg is super light!!

Good parkrunning tomorrow folks.

Enjoy the snow, em.

What: 3 easy

Why: recovery

Last hard: n/a

Last rest: Sat

Lyrics no
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    My left leg is 49kgs

What: Rollers AM

run lunchtime

Why: indeed

Last hard: Tuesday

Last rest: NYE

Lyrics: No
  • Afternoon!

What: 5.05k largely off-road
    Why: legs wouldn't work...and nor will the parkrun course. Flooded in places; a steep downhill treacherous etc etc. A re-think to get an alternative alternative course.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • When I first read that I thought that you were feeling low about the race emzap - realised I was contextualising it incorrectly and the race is at a higher elevation, glad that's the case!

SC - I take it you don't share an office image

• LMH- Not really a session as such.  Was supposed to be a 400m warmup then 600m of drills then 4x500's then cool down.  Just about made it to the end of the second 500 and wanted to drown myself so just got out!  A 90 min session with the club goes by in a flash and I love it, 60 mins in the pool by myself even if it is a complicated set I need to think about just seems to take forever.

Dibs- I weight over twice what you do and used to be nearly 3 times that!  you need to put some timber on unless you are 4'6''!!!  lol

What- Supposed to be 7 but got a bit lost and ended up doing 9.  Skipped the swim for obvious reasons!

Why- As above for the swimming and training plan said to on the run.

Last hard- Gym yesterday

Last rest- monday

lyrics- Nope

• SC: I take it you are the boss of the company!!

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Sorry LMH. Was typing in my lunch break and my boss was talking to me in German at the same time! Yes low elevation!
  • Wet hail, gale forecast and on-call ....

.... Evening by the fire methinks :-

Weather forecast is such that there's unlikely to be any company for a sea swim tomorrow so may end up running with the JS group if work is quiet.
  • Here you are.  Is it me of has the oringal message vanished?

• Not just you! I can't find Tuesday and Wednesdays threads either!