University research help - running accessories

hello,

Im a university student studying product design, I'm currently looking into products for people who go outdoors. I'm a runner my self but keep to the short distances so I have come to you for some more insight in those longer runners aswell as the shorter distances.

Whether your a beginner or an elite runner, what ever the distance your feedback would be really appreciated.

So I'm looking into products which would help you.

What type of runner would you class your self as and what distances do you focus on?

When running what are your main concerns? 

Do you run alone or with others, (how many/who)?

When you go running what do you take with you?

There are many products on the market from small accessories to bigger more compulsory things such as trainers, what have you tried and tested of the products on the market? How successful were they, how long did they last for, could they do with being improved?

Do you take water with you when you run, what do you take it in, and why? 

Is there any thing which bugs you about running which you have looked for a solution for but it is not there?

Thankyou for your time, any feedback is helpful feedback

If you would like to add anything which you would like to highlight which you feel may be of use to me, that would be brilliant.

Many Thanks

Izzy

Comments

• Izzy, is this for some coursework you're doing? If so, it might be a good idea to ask your tutor about the right ways to collect and use survey data, or you might find you can't use the responses (or don't get a very good mark for your work), especially if your university has an ethics policy about using human subject data for assessed work.

• GeeeMGeeeM ✭✭✭

We get a lot of these sort of posts on the forums.... I've participated in market research / studies before - but these have been attached to a race, so maybe think about approaching a Race Director and ask if you can aproach participants to help out in your survey. 

If you can give something back, e.g. Volunteer at the race then all the better, then you can actually meet and see the runners.

• VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    You need survey monkey!!