Options

Unofficial, alone ultra run - am I bonkers?

2»

Comments

• Options

Just go out and enjoy the experience. By the way what exactly is FLAT?

• Options
    SP13SP13 ✭✭✭

As an update and by way of thanks for all the good advice, I am pleased to say that my run on Saturday was by far the most rewarding experience in all my years of running. It was an intensely personal voyage of pain and perseverence with the beautiful backdrop of running along the coastline in almost perfect running weather. I even had a following wind.

Was I bonkers? Maybe, Was it worth it? Absolutely.

• Options
    DazDaz ✭✭✭

Similar to Pete I dived straight into a big solo ultra experience by attempting to run the 170mile Offas Dyke in one go.  I had a few friends ready to ease me through the second night, but the first 2 days and night would be all by myself.  And I loved it - one of the best experiences of my life.  Full moon, clear skies running through quiet countryside is quite an experience.

Unfort I damaged the knee 70miles in and spent the night sleeping in the back of a small baptist church, until I was picked up in the morning lol

Endurance Coach @ DazCarterFitness.com
    Elite Ironman, Ultra Trail Runner
  • Options
    SP13SP13 ✭✭✭

Sounds like an amazing experience. There is something wonderfully serene about running alone compared to running with thousands. I am already wondering whether I could do another off-road ultra....