Sunday 22nd Feb 2015

Morning

Todays lyrics: 'We don't need no education.'

Rest Day but been out walking Geordie

Coffee and catch up time.

Now put to the kettle on

Comments

• Morning birks - I was just thinking of lyrics.

Yesterday's lyrics were I'm Going Slightly Mad by Queen.

I guess you're in the no symptoms group Dibs? Are they just going to monitor things?

Staying upright is good RFJ.

What:           LSR
    Why:            VLM
    Last hard:    staying ahead of the black dog
    Last rest:     13/2

Lyrics - of course.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning LMH: Been feeling a bit guilty lately, as I haven't started the daily thread for a wee while ! Have nowimage

• Morning!

Lyrics: of course

What: about 7 or 8k, hopefully
    Why: having had a week of very short runs I feel I should try to do more. We'll see as I definitely don't feel 100%. 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • What: maybe rest day

Why: about due and weather forecast not good (although dry just now)

Last hard: going up hill yesterday

Last rest 7 days ago

Lyrics: yes
  • Afternoon!

What: 6.16k (the Abney/Cheadle Heath run, OH)
    Why: long run...well it was by this week's standards...ran every day yet only did 25.25k.

OH:  the "old" Burnage parkrun now starts on a motorway! You'll see what I mean next time you are down!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Suspected that would happen to the path, AH, and not entirely convinced it is a change for the better. May get down for a day midweek at end of March, then it will next be for a day of CPD at Old Trafford on 18 April, tagging on Sunday and Monday to see Dad.

Cold wind blowing here image
  • OH:  in my view it is definitely not a change for the better. I much prefer what they have done in the Fletcher Moss area with the shale type of trail: much more in keeping with a rural area in the city! Was wondering when you might be down next.

Heavy icy rain here. 

• Filthy here too but fortunately it waited until after my run to start.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

afternoon all, 
    Wabo - gorgeous
    RFJ - well done at PH
    what - mixed weekend really. Friends 50th on the Dorset coast: so wine tasting and more drinking Friday night, Late breakfast, lovely walking along the Coast Path on Saturday, followed by a half hour series of hill climbs: there was a lonely peak right behind where we were staying but with stunning 360 degree views from the top.
    Lovely dinner & drinks Sat night, then home this afternoon. Planned a 2hr run in driving rain, barely a mile in didn't see the submerged pothole so did an RFJ and am currently skinless on one knee. Called it a day after 6 miles, sat here now with the savlon.
    Sinuses still full up so probably a blessing.
    why - catching up, having fun, staying fit
    last rest - 13 days
    last hard - the pavement and strides up the South Coast path.
    lyric - yep
    have a great evening

• Did the National XC today, 7.5 miles of muddy hell!  with my recent flu, I knew i wouldn't do well but I wanted to be there and take part anyway.  Had to accept getting beaten by many club mates who woudnt normally get near me - that was the hardest part!  I ended up 345th But was just pleased to finish.  Very cold and wet and windy.

birkmyre, finally got the Junior club champs trophy back to Glenpark.  I was like 'sorry for keeping this for 26 years' and tried to look as sheepish as possible!  A few of them remembered me which was nice image

lyrics, of course!

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Evening all

What: MTB in Welsh Wales

Why: Race training

Last hard: hard and fast approaching ground, I am sat here aching from a number of offs including one at high speed. Nothing broken but bruised and my confidence took a battering. On the plus I am a monster up the hills

Last rest: Friday 6th Feb

Lyrics: Yes sir

Like so many I was delighted to hear that RFJ had decided to use shoes for the entire run at Parly hill. image
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Top lyrics, saw covered live by John Illsley the bassist of Dire Straits as his oncore song (didnt expect that at all) at MK last year.

Today - a gentle loose run of 4.37m this morning, followed up with 15.02m in the rain at 8:29 mm ave.

so 49m for the week of 4 days training, weight coming down too down to 11st 11lb now... 4lm more to go to get to racing weight...

Take care

• Evening 

Lyrics - Hell yeah.

What - Hugin 6hr event image

Why - Last minute entry and was getting withdrawl image

Last Hard - Having to stop at 6hrs (well maybe not)

Last Rest - Friday

Well that went quite well, umm no I'll say it like it is that was awesome. It was quite possibly my best days running ever. My targets were to get PB's at 30M (4:09) & 40M (6:02). Thought that I might also be able to pace a friend to a sub 
    3:30.
    Well as it happens my mate can't pace so off we go at 7:30's well probably quicker image, I'm quite liking this pace and drop him at about 15/16M, I carry on though marathon in high 3:15's/ lower 3:16's in 3rd SB, hit 30M in just sub 3:45 a 25min PB, through 35M in 4:25 ish a 20min PB (didn't think I'd get that one) through 40M in 5:05:20 a 57min PB image, I carried on for another 2 laps and finished at something around 46M in 5:57 tbc. Oh and the winner not that their really is a winner at Travis's events.

• NICE one Joeimageimage
    Now taper for Thursday!!

• 46.2M in 5:54:14. Winner by 10M image

Finished the week at 99.9M and nope I am not doing .01M for anyone.

• You should have done the other 5 minutes or so Joe. I'm sure you'd have done more than .01!

• Brilliant winning result Joe!