Thursday 26th Feb 2015

Morning

Todays lyrics:'I have a picture pinned to my wall.'

Off out now

Back later

Comments

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning birks

Yes, thanks Ale image (had no internet since i last posted) crossfot instructor also gave me some ankle mobility exercises. My problem is, I have so many exercises to do at the mo, I can't fit them all in!

Straycelt sorry things aren't going well for you at the mo

Dibs sounds like a great run

What: doctor (physio prescription) then physio (using said prescription) then flying image. All around a day of work

Why: need to rebuild my body

Last hard: squats and pressups at crossfit

Lyrics: nope

LMH am just over for the weekend (another wedding).

Have a good day all
  • Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - I Try by Macy Gray.

SC - hope things work out. You're welcome to mail if it will help.

Had unexpected guests arrive last night, not sure how long they are staying so may be slightly absent myself.

What:            whatever I can fit in
    Why:             see above
    Last hard:     sleeping with toddler and strange dog in the house
    Last rest:      not last night!

Lyrics - I sure do.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning emzap and LMH

Catch up soon

• What: Group sandwich
    Why: Thursday
    Last Hard: Monday
    Last rest: Sunday
    Lyrics: no

Hope your visitors don't read RW forums LM.Himage

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Morning,
    Staying at a 'friends' house with the dog and our youngest. Quite a frosty reception so we may stay all week just to spite themimage
    what - lunchtime run
    why - out tonight with the 'new' company - the lot that bought us out. Too old to actually give a toss about talking to the right people, so will probably knock off earlyish. I'm not staying in a bar until 3am (famous last words...)
    last rest - 17 days?
    last hard - to keep smiling tonight I imagine.
    lyric - yes, think we've had these a few times?
    Wabo must be pleased with the score last night!

Have a great day

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    What: stuff

why: indeed

last hard: mountain

last rest: sat in pain on said mountain

lyrics: er no

busy day here
  • Morning!

Funny one Dustin! Your little one is too old to fit the bill!

What: will be about 6k this morning, and something this evening 
    Why: Thursday is double day, although I'm waiting for it to stop pouring before I set foot out the door for part one which involves delivering a letter. And whether part 2 happens depends on how part one goes!

Emz:  you don't have to do all the exercises every day! But you do need to do some several times a day. I'm doing some ankle ones as I type! Enjoy the UK!

Wabo:  there will be more grumpy faces around you today! Hope your team win convincingly without breaking sweat or picking up injuries ahead of the final!

Chin up, SC

Lyrics: I'm sure I should as I do recognise them...probably from when we last had them!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Me again! Afternoon!

What: some people will find it a bit worrying...6.66k
    Why: that's what the Garmin stopped at. 1k easy, 5k progressive (25:30ish which seemed relatively easy, and would have been faster but for road crossings, uneven pavements and the guy knocking me over as he got off a bus...managed to hold onto a wall to stop me going over and in fact hardly broke stride). Then a fairly easy 0.66. Got very wet in the last couple of ks and it remains windy. Warm enough for just two thermals, rain jacket and tracksters. Tomorrow we are due a heavy frost apparently.

Hopefully more to report this evening.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Wouldn't matter in the slightest if they did OH, I'm a port in a storm and they know very well that they can stay as long as they need, we'll work it all out somehow.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Afternoon all,

• What: "swim"
    • Why:  There's a mighty flood coming....
    • Last Hard: N/A
    • Last Rest: Sunday

Have a good one!

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

lunchtime run done, about 6 1/2 miles.
    Well I say run, swim would have been more apt. Non stop rain. Mind you the roads were more or less deserted, so I'll take the positives!

• donaldo: I remember Tommy winning his first Scottish National Cross Country title in Feb 1989 over a course thick in mud and beating a certain Steve Ovett ! Steve Ovett was running for a club in the borders as he was living in the south of Scotland at that time.. Annandale ?

Also Tommy was one of the first people I knew to buy music CDs when they first came out back then !

• Birks:  SO ran for Annan. And here's 60 in October! How time flies! He always got the "bad boy" press compared to his main opponent: I found Steve to be a really nice guy. Won't say what I think about the other one!

• Are you sure AH? I was working in Annan 1987-88 (and got married there) and have never heard of a connection between Steve Ovett and Annan. Admittedly I was not particularly interested in athletics at that time but surely a small town would have been bigging up their connection with Ovett ...

Edit: you are correct AH but SO only moved to Annan in 1989/90 (so after my time)

• Think Steve moved to the area in late 88...bought a very big house (manor house or castle I seem to remember) and I think all the kids were born there. Then he moved to Australia, probably four or five years later. Didn't know you had Annan connections, OH

• Evening all,

• What: Marathon
    • Why:  It's marathon day 26.2
    • Last Hard: The wind today
    • Last Rest: Friday

Have a good one!

• Finished work on time, so 4.7 before JS group, 6.3 with group and a mile to finish off. Cold wind and one nasty hail shower.

Where was the marathon today, Joe?

Yep did my GP registrar year in Annan, AH.

However I'm mixing my years up - it was 83/84 I was there!

Got married there too; Midway between Stockport and Northern Ireland and at the end of the "Troubles", my family were not up for a marriage "across the water"
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

LOL at the flood Rocky image

Nice one Joe

Still managing the Hamstring tendon, its tight but allows me to run with a lot of warming up and cooling down.... worked from home today so a nice easy 30 mins this morning 3.85m then 10m tonight with 2 x 15 min blocks at MP, followed by a good massage..... Running off 4 days a week at present but all quality for me..

Take care

• Evening!

What: 6.54k on the roads with the "slow" group of uni runners
    Why: opportunity presented itself. The "slow" group of youngsters is, of course, much faster than I normally run.

OH: decent miles there! And I remember "the troubles" only too well. 

• Evening.  Interesting club session tonight.  1000m rep in 3:30 then 3 x hill reps as a 'recovery'.  Next km rep was 3:22, then 3 x hills again, followed by km in 3:24.  I really liked the mix, it worked well.

lyrics, nope.