Thursday 5th March 2015

Morning

Todays lyrics:'I was bruised and battered, I couldn't tell what I felt.'

Yesterdays lyrics: 'Through  the barricades' by Spandau Ballet

Off out then to work, a 7.30am start.

Back later

Comments

• Morning.

Hope you can get topped up soon OH. Frosty start here.

What:           MLR
    Why:            VLM
    Last hard:    hoping it's not today
    Last rest:     13/2

Lyrics - yes.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • What: group run
    Why: Thursday
    Last Hard: Monday
    Last Rest: Sunday
    Lyrics: NO

Tanker coming today after my plaintive call this morning.
    (Didn't even need to resort to Plan B - one of running group is one of tanker drivers)

• Morning.
    Swim 2500m in 57:10. Pleased with that. Still got time to do some proper exercise as well.

Lyrics no. Normality has resumed. A Google search and discover that this had been on the radio in the past couple of days. There you go.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Lyrics: I'm sure I have heard these recently also...so no idea.

What: half an hour this evening

Why: don't usually feel like running after driving. Heading back north from the East Mids in a couple of hours.

Got here last night: no heating so had to call an engineer to replace a part that his mate fitted a couple of months ago. And reserviced everything which is good when selling a house. And all for free.

Wabo: sounds like a dramatic match in more ways than one.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Nice swim, Blisters

Hope your MLR went well, LMH.

I wanted a nice lunchtime run in the sunshine just to find out the showers at work are being refubished. Luckily I checked BEFORE I ran or it wouldn't have been pretty for my workmates image

what: see what I can fit in tonight
    why: I want to run
    last hard: n/a
    last rest: 26/2
    lyrics: yes (3 days in a row!! Do I win a prize??) image

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

hiya,
    well I have no idea of the lyric
    what - easy stuff, U11 coaching
    why - back to back sort of speedwork: after Tuesday's pyramids found myself at the track last night. 6x800s at HM pace with 400 recoveries.
    Took splits to check afterwards and 3.30/3.29/3.29/3.28/3.29/3.15
    Not spectacular (speedwise) but think I've learnt how to pace!
    last rest - completely was weeks ago, but every Thursday is easy 
    last hard - yesterday I guess

• chunkytfgchunkytfg ✭✭✭

Hello.  Been a while!

2 bits of good news while I've been gone, had a lovely weeks snowboarding only managing to smack my head on the ground a few times so i'm now back at into the marathon training and ontop of that i'm no longer single!!! Wohoo image

What did I miss while I was away?

What- 9 mins HM pace D+D

Why- just getting some miles in this week before the first long run in 3 weeks this weekend

Last hard- Tuesday's club run.

Last rest- Sunday.

• Congratulations Chunky. You've missed some stonking early season marathon performances...Gobi's broken (again)...everybody's boiler has packed in....some people are complaining about snow, while others haven't seen any...those with snow have fallen over....

Dustin: that looks to me like you are 3:15 marathon pace. Either you weren't trying hard enough, or I mis-remembered your PB, or you are packing in some heavy and concentrated sessions into a week. It's probably a combination.

• Afternoon

What walk to the shops

Why out of coffee

Lyrics no but seem relevant

The 1 mile round trip took an hour but is the first time out of the house this week. Feeling extremely bored and am looking forward to work on Monday.

• Ooooooh just realised the lyics!!

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Don't rush things Postie! That sounds back to work very quickly!

Good to see you back, Chunky

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Congratulations Chunky.

It wasn't my best chickadeee but neither was it the worst of this campaign. Still waiting for this warmer weather they keep talking about to arrive.

Take it easy postie, are you sure you're going to be up to work on Monday or is it light duties?

Good news OH. Much as I love an open fire I wouldn't like to be relying on one for my heat at the minute.

You're running well Dustin.

Can't believe these lyrics are unrecognisable to so many.............

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Got oil delivered but had to bleed system so just missed start of group run. image

Still did 10miles by myself in the twilight image

Was a bit warmer today but increase in temperature brought rain.

Congratulations Chunky

Swiss railway timing Dustinimage
  • Light duties for two weeks to begin with.

Definitely nodeliveryimage 

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Club session tonight was 3 x 0.85 mile reps but they are hilly and windy so I just did 2 of them in 4:40. 5:30 min per mile pace with just 2:20 recovery. Excuse: 10 mile race on Sun then blistering session on Tuesday.

Lyrics - nope!
  • Session number 2:
    Steady state 6.6 miles around the rat run. 7:53m/m pace. "Just off to the post box". So why did she think I was off to Morrisons?

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Evening!

What: 30 mins, 5.26k. Very easy out, rather quicker back, along the old railway line. 
    Why: as planned. And enjoyment! 

Don:  be careful not to overdo the quicker stuff. After all, you're in a new age group!

Blisters: I hope you said that other supermarkets were available.

OH: well done on another 16k booked. 

Lyrics: still no.

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Greetings all,

Lyrics - Possible

What - 11m
    Why - Medium long run
    Last hard - Tues
    Last Rest - yesterday

Take care

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    LOL , gobi had a dead leg

What: 3km run and core image

Watt bike intervals and rowing PM

Last hard: tonight and the leg passed

Last rest: Friday 6th Febb

Lyrics: No
  • Really late one.

I ran track tonight really enjoyed it. 6x 800m all apart from the first quite a bit sub 6.

Plus 3M there and again back home.

Happy Training All. See you in about 20mins to start tomorrow's thread image