In the news today

VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
For me it was the IVF cuckold con story. What a mercenary and manipulative monster.

Did any of you see this story? Can't find it on the bbc site yet. It would not be out of place in a soap opera! She even had the poor bloke paying maintenance right up until he became a pain and wanted access as agreed.

39k in damages does not seem like enough to me, but I guess that they have to take into account the fact that the innocent child would suffer if she was punished properly.

Comments

• Not seen that.

I did see the UKIP expenses scandal. Yet again....
  • Not an article but a feature - BBC2 Sunday, sounds really interesting:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-31962182

• KenbroKenbro ✭✭✭

More Sun journalists cleared. Baffled by the fact that the person accepting the bribe was found guilty, but the people paying the bribe were not guilty.

• asitisasitis ✭✭✭

Women have been lying for years that their bloke is the fatherhood to her children, Knowing full well its crap.

This story does not highlight anything.

Just different circumstances.

• Kenbro wrote (see)

More Sun journalists cleared. Baffled by the fact that the person accepting the bribe was found guilty, but the people paying the bribe were not guilty.

Does make you think that the whole Rupert Murdoch-Rebekah Brooks-David Cameron connection thing has something to do with all this. Dodgy.

• skottyskotty ✭✭✭

Cheryl Tweedy moaning about a proposed mansion tax.

• VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    Cougs- UKIP are at least swift to deal with the issues and they boot people. Grant chapps lied for years about his second job/running his own business while an MP and the Tories don't bat an eyelid. Typical of them!

Screams- got to love abit of Theroux !

Kenbro- I think the person accepting the bribe was in a position of trust. I doubt a journalist could ever be accused of that!

Assitis- that was what struck me most, can every bloke who got duped now sue his wife/ex wife for damages? Would it mean that if a bloke got married simply because of the deception(shotgun style) that he could divorce her and keep everything?

Skotty- who the fuck is Cheryl Tweedy?
  • RicFRicF ✭✭✭

I read this about journalists in my school's careers office.

'A profession where literacy and tenacity are requires skills, but one where honesty and integrity are not considered assets'.

🙂

• VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    A bit like bankers being the kind of people who will lend you an umbrella while there are clear skies and take it back at the first sign of rain.
  • JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    The mosque suicide bombings in Yemen. At times the desire displayed for an all out sectarian war in the middle-east, maybe even into north Africa, makes it seem inevitable. Maybe even desirable just to get it out of the way. It's probably a naive and horrible thought but I wonder if renewal can only come once people find they are truly sick of being ankle deep in blood.
  • VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    I ca not believe the front of that bloody MP who was trying to get the EDL to help him create a fake anti Muslim March that he would then miraculously talk them out of and be hailed as the towns hero.

Doing what he did was bad enough, but now he is trying to wriggle out of it! Mind you that is what snakes do. On the other hand, he ought to be pitied for his stupidity in thinking that they would go along with it. He may be British and English but I doubt he is their kind of English.
  • asitisasitis ✭✭✭

Jeremy Clarkson, Jeremy Clarkson, Jeremy Clarkson.

This is all I keep hearing about and its driving me around the bend.

I want to hear about noteworthy information, Not that a tv presenter has got suspended over and over again...... I get it.

Personally I don't like the bloke but at least I didn't have to watch him. Now I am hounded... Well it feels like that.

Phew that's better

Time for a coffee, Tell me when  its all over

• asitisasitis ✭✭✭

I just cannot believe what im hearing on sky news.

Marseille prosecutor says the plane went down because of the voluntary act of the co-pilot.

The pilot was locked out of the cabin and this bloke sent the plane down on purpose.

The black box heard all the cries from everyone.  Horrendous

• The cockpit voice recorder isn't sensitive to pick up voices at the back of the plane
  • asitisasitis ✭✭✭

Don't know but he's saying he heard all the pleas from the pilot and others.

So I presume they was trying to get the door open.

• GraemeKGraemeK ✭✭✭

A couple of things come to mind,

It's one thing the plane being blown apart at 38,000 feet and instant(ish) death, but how scary must 8 minutes of dropping steadily to the floor be?

And

It is said that the pilot, or human error, is the largest single cause of aircraft related accidents, but who would fly on a pilotless aircraft?

• That is horrendous.......so rare and yet so hard to comprehend that someone would deliberately kill so many incocents

• http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-32066554

well done to the supreme court........If The royals want to write to the elected government to influence them....then their subjects should be entitled to know what is being said on our behalf........

will be interested to see what in the 27 letters is there that they have been so desperate to hide....

couldnt get their mates to cover for them this timeimage

• "The government wasted hundreds of thousands of pounds trying to cover up these letters, admitting their publication would 'seriously damage' perceptions of the prince's political neutrality," he said.

if he is politically nuetral then why should releasing them damage our perception at all.....it would just reinforce it......unless he isnt and so why should they want to hide that...

• VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    The news that the co-pilot downed the plane on purpose is horrific. What's swore is that it was made possible because of steps taken to stop terrorists from Downing planes. That leaves the authorities in an awkward position and not one that I can see a total fix for.

Thy could hear the co pilot breathing do the May well have heard the passengers and pilot trying to get into the cockpit.

As far prince Charles letters go, I think the govt probably want to keep them under wraps as Charles is most likely pointing out the obvious in regards to the poorest in society suffering because of the actions of the rich. Good on him I say.
  • and thats why he wants them hidden.......I bet you are right Gideon.. image

• There could only ever be a a partial fix for that scenario and that's three pilots so that nobody was ever left alone in the cockpit - but think how many extra pilots that would require? And the extra person isn't guaranteed to be able to stop his suicidal colleague or save the plane.

It's horrendous and it seems to be part of a disturbing trend of people not wanting to kill themselves without taking a shitload of other people with them.

• we always watch aircraft investigations.

and in one case there were four members of staff there... 2 pilots , 1 engineer and one passenger ( also a pilot).....

the one guy managed to smuggle some  hammers and a speargun as the passenger and attacked the other 3 mid flight after trying to disable the voice recorder......#

It was very very close to him overpowering the other three.....they were severely injured

the guy wanted it to look like an accident so the family could get the payouts...

having another person in the cockpit might not be enough  

• VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    Perhaps haing to have bith Pilots type in a secret numerical code if they need to deviate from the planned route in any major way. Air control could have master codes so that if one pilot was taken I'll, they could still intervene and help alter the planes course if necessary. Air Marshalls ike they have in the wesley snipes films migh be another option.

It is just crazy shit. Flying is still way safer than coaches or cars, but once it goes wrong you are a goner!
  • If there are any positives to be taken from it, it's that of the last three major air disasters two seem to have been pilot suicide and the third was a shooting down - nothing was wrong with any of the aircraft.

BTW Easyjet are saying they want both pilots to stay in the cockpit at all times - which is ok for short haul flights I suppose.

• asitisasitis ✭✭✭

If he wanted to shoot himself then why bother taking down loads of others but if that is what he intended then why did he not crash on a populated city ?

It is like the Malaysian plane that detoured and disappeared in the south pacific.

Is it just something that makes them snap at that particular moment they are in the cockpit ? Never a suicide note or anything out of character from friends and family.

It just don't make sense to me at all.

• Very few modern medium haul aircraft cockpits have 3 seats
  • Luckily this things are so rare....far more deaths on the road each year....but yes it the numbers wiped out in one go that impacts so much,,,

• Dave The Iron Ex- Spartan wrote (see)
    Very few modern medium haul aircraft cockpits have 3 seats

No, they don't.

Then again, I don't imagine anyone ever considered that pilot suicide would become "a thing". Maybe they'll have to be redesigned. Or pilots will have to wear waste bags like they do in space.

• VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure that the Malaysian airways disaster has been found to have been about the pilots choice. But obviously nothing is actually known. It could well be that there was s problem with the air supply and everyone perished long before that plane stopped flying. I'm not sure which is scarier.

Those who decide to take the lives of others while killing themselves are obviously just seeking to make it a big story and to get at whoever it is that slighted them and set them off. I don't think that there is anything that can be done to weed these nutters out so therefore a 3 person system must be the only way..... That or public execution by burning for anyone failing in a bid to carry out such a crime. They are cowards at the end of it all and no one would commit a crime punishable by a fiery death.