Treadmill

I am in the middle of my marathon training - I find it really hard to get out during the school holidays and continue my training - especially the long runs - looking to purchase a treadmill so I can continue training during the schools holidays, especially the long summer hols

I have read some reviews but have no idea which one to get - I don't want to spend £££ and find it rocks on the floor - I want a stable treadmill and rather spend a little bit more for a decent one

do you have one ? which one should I get ? I am a bit of a John Lewis shopper, is there one they have I should consider getting ?

thanks

Comments

• Hi there

i just wondered if you bought a treadmill?. I'm in the same predicament and looking for reliable models to buy as my last one died.

Thanks

• I have a proform one that I got off ebay for £200 (had to pick up), I cannot remember the model and I am at work so cannot check.  It was a real bargain as the man had only walked on it and had only done @80 miles and list price was about £1k.It is really sturdy and goes up to 11.2miles per hour which is fine. The bottom also folds up I was recommended a proform one from a running friend.  I really like mine and would recommend.  I would surf around on ebay and try your luck.

• Thanks that's great. I was torn between Nordik track and Proform so that's really helpful I'll have a wee look at EBay and gumtree too 

• Running machines pretty much define the term "you get what you pay for". That's why I didn't ever buy one as you are looking at a minimum of a grand for a decent one.

• Looking to.sell.my treadmill in London .Newfitness/DS01 barely used for a month( part of wrapping still on)
    Anyone interested?
  • Hope to buy one next year, but no money for now.
  • Just wondering if anyone has tried a zero running machine. These are quite popular in America but find it quite hard to find any in local gyms. I have seen some for sale on the Internet but are very expensive. Need to be sure before purchasing one. I am waiting a hip operation at the moment so was thinking of a non impact running machine to aid my recover. Any advice on machines would be greatly appreciated. 
  • <p>Hi all! </p><p>I am selling a nearly brand new Kettler Atmos Pro treadmill for sale - only bought last week and only used a couple of times. Excellent condition! Paid £1000 for this- open to sensible offers.</p><p>Commercial grade AC motor - very sturdy frame! Really feels like gym quality.</p>
    <p><span>16 point cushioning system </span></p>
    <p>30 speed, incline and heart rate programmes</p>
    <p>1-20km/h</p>
    <p><span>0-16% incline </span></p>
    <p><span>Speakers, Bluetooth and usb connectivity </span></p>
    <p>Vertical fold with hydraulic soft drop</p>
    <p><span>Lifetime frame and motor warranty, 3 yrs parts and labour warranty</span></p>
  • <div>Hi 

Looking to sell my Pro Fitness Motor Treadmill 382/1176</div><div>
    </div><div>Bought for £329 approx 12 months ago when I signed up for the New York Marathon. Hardly used though, because I prefer road running</div><div>
    </div><div>Looking for offers around £175 if it is sold and collected by the end of the month because I'm moving house.</div><div>
    </div><div>Collection from WV14 postcode (Bilston, Wolverhampton).

Offers welcome.</div><div>
    </div><div>Thanks</div>