micro fracture surgery

hi all i had MF surgery last year about 6 month ago and i am struggling to get back to any sort of running. i am going cycling and training in the gym but if i try to run its more like a monty python type funny hobble. i have also been told that i must never run again by the physio. 

it probably old news to most of you guys but i would love to hear somthing positive to work towards. im 41 did my first marathon 2 year ago but was a relativly strong runner prior to the surgery.

also my quad has totaly dissapeared due to the rest and my good knee is now giving me crap.

Comments

• At the first pass I would follow professional advice rather than shop a forum until you get somebody uninformed to say what you want to hear. But it looks like at least some professional sportspeople recover enough to resume their sport - see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microfracture_surgery. So it perhaps depends on when you got that opinion and what your progress has been since. Why don't you simply get an update on the prognosis, now that you have been recovering for six months?

• Six months can be a super short time with MF - don't give up yet, but respect the tissue and how it now deals with load. 

Softly, softly, catchy monkey!

• BrygodBrygod ✭✭
    Just an update on my recovery. It has taken me 2 and a half years to get back to running. 3 mile runs are what I am currently up to but I still feel a slight niggle but its all positive and I'm happy with that at the moment.
    On the back of this it turns out I'm not bad a swimming!!