Immature Runners!!

Seems there is a forum for the more mature runner, I thought it only fair that there was a forum for the younger ones on here!

Im 21, and started running about this time last year, just to keep fit, but have since ran in a Half Marathon, and have two races coming up in the next two months.

Maybe we can 'grow old' together on here, and learn from each others experience/inexperience!

So any young 'uns out there?

Comments

• yes.. (oh whats the upper age limit by the way?)

but we don;t have the stamina to maintain a thread.. there have been about 3 before :D
  • You can improve stamina, practice makes perfect!!!

Upper age limit - as long as you don't 'feel' old... and the fewer grey hairs the better! ;-)
  • Oi! Shouldn't you lot be in school?
  • [wheels in "old lady" couch, and settles down to ogle young, fit men]
  • Lets see how long the younguns can keep this thread going.
  • They'll never keep it up ladies, why not pop into the Mature thread for a cup of tea and a muffin?
  • I'm young, isnt that interesting?..
  • Does 27 count as young? I'm one of the youngest at my running club.
  • [perks up at the mention of tea and muffins, and wheels couch out again]
  • Muttley got it right!
    Only way this one will keep going is by us 'oldies' popping in for a 'teabag' from time to time.
  • lol, sabotaged already by the foggies. Running against the tide Jamer :) Instead of calling it 'Mature Runners' they should have called it 'Post Office Q'.
  • You know where it says :- 'Report this thread to the moderator'

Does an 'ageist' thread count??
  • [leaps in a very youthful way over all the older gentlemen]

yo, dudes.

party on.

I'm listening to a Feeder CD.

And my jeans are too long.
  • Was the original 'Mature Thread' a test to see if they could?
  • Age-ist?!? Shurrup Knackered Knees! Double standards or what, oldies can have a thread but we cant?.. Whatever, talk to the hand... ;)
    KK (Silently Seething)
  • My My touchy aren't we!

But then I'm used to it with sons aged 22 and 25!!
  • I'll check back at about nine this evening to make sure they're all tucked up safely.

And to turf out any Mrs Robinson types.
  • oi!

[adjusts Muttley t-shirt to conform to youthful curves]
  • Official forum age of 19 so I probably fall in here.
  • Im half joking bud, its just I have been the victim of post moderation by RW.
    It was when I slagged off a London based podiatrist, who was later struck off for bad practice btw, on this forum.
    I dont like those little thought-police emails from Rodale publishing, and hence dont fancy any more in my mailbox as a contributer to this thread.
    Ahhh, thats the end of my tantrum, better get the Calpol...
    KK
  • GAvo?

19???

# coo coo ca choo hmmmm hmm hmm hmm hmm #
  • not thought-police, sweetie - more protecting their (and thus our) legal interests.
  • Like - I mean - that's what my mum would say - d'uh!
  • Ah, but I didnt mention names, & I was right. It was only because the rogue advertised in RW... £££ involved, what a suprise...
    mental age of a two year old
    fitness of a 96 year old in a care home

do I count?

• Yes, I'm glad this thread has been started. I was getting a little bored talking to older people.

I'm 19
  • And I'm 92 !
  • You'd better put a barbed wire fence around it !

Goodness what that'd do though.

:-)
  • Well it seems the 'oldies' ;-) don't like us young rebels!!

But they should all be having their mid afternoon nap around now, so we should have a bit of peace and quite for a while!