Halstead & Essex Marathon

senidMsenidM ✭✭✭
Hi to everyone whose entered the Halstead Marathon, just thought I'd give a heads up re the changed course.

When I first ran it, some 20 years ago, someone asked me if it was hilly, to which I replied, "couple of hills in first 2 miles, but after that pretty flat". Now I would describe it as undulating, after the first 2 miles!

However, they've changed the course - good news is you only run the hill at Pebmarsh once now, on the 1st lap, and they no longer run you down to the bottom of the course to turn you left, when its only a mile to the finish, but you had to run all the way back up and down, 13 miles!

Bad news is they've put a new hill in at 14, Over Hall Hill, and yes, it is a hill, plus another nasty little spike at 16, but at least when you've done them no more surprises.

Ran it today as a 15M recce run (1 lap), still a lovely course, enjoy all!

Comments

• This was my first marathon and I thoroughly enjoyed it.  Hills and valleys do not worry me, in fact I much prefer to a totally flat course.  The course was just lovely to run round and I loved running down a valley to see a gorgeous pink house.  Can't tell you where it was though!  Congratulations Halstead Road Runners on this magnificent marathon. Thank you to all the volunteers and marshals who did a superb job and all the services at Race HQ.  I love my medal, goody bag and T shirt.  A lady on the start line said to me that your first marathon is always your best marathon and I think she will be right!

• Thank you Angela for your comments, we at Halstead Road Runners pride ourselves on providing the facilities and a marathon for runners which we hope we achieved even with a change of course this year.

Race Director

• One of the best marathons just got better image

I liked the revised course and I thought the can of Coca-Cola at the end was the work of GENIUS image