iTB syndrome and my first Ultra

Hi Guys I'm about 4 weeks 4 days out from my first Ultra and I have ITB syndrome (runners knee) it's been playing me up for the past 4 weeks I am undergoing physio had the ITB striped on the weekend and am doing my stretches and foam rolling, are there any other things people can suggest such as straps etc. I really want to complete this run being not that far off I need something to sort it rather quick. Cheers Al

Comments

• Cho pat strap is worth a try, plus I'm a recent convert to K taping. Try the taping for day- to day, to help it setle, then wear the knee brace for the runs. Also, a run/ walk strategy seems to hrlp, which you'll presumably be able to do. Hope it settles OK

• Thank you for the reply, run walk strategy is what I'm going to go for as for the pat strap I currently own one making no difference going to try a ITB strap. Just come back from physio and after a week of foam roling he's happy with the ITB just need to strengthen the glues hammies and hips etc now 3 weeks 6 days out...
  • sean Oc 4sean Oc 4 ✭✭✭

Squats. seriously; loads of them.