RAT Cornwall

Be interested to hear from anyone running this year or who has run this previously... my first this year!

Comments

• MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    I'm doing the 32 again this year. Was my favourite race from last year. It nearly finished me off but can't wait to go back.

Which distance are you doing?

If you have any questions ask away,
  • Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭

I haven't done it, but there was a pretty good video from last year of the 64-miler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fe-fyWB-SU4

How he ran 64-miles I can just about begin to fathom.  How he ran it with a selfie stick, is another matter image 

• I'm in for the full 64 miles - bit scared of all those hills! Eek!

• I am in for the 64 miler as well. Done not nearly enough training so plan to go real slow and see how it goes. (one 21 mile run in the last 5 months is not really sufficient) Did it in 3013 and I must admit it hurt! You spend ages plodding up one steep cliff path only to go back down and face the same over again. The last ten miles is hell as you know can almost see the finish but have to take the long hilly rout to the bitter end.

• That was beyond brutal, got timed out at around 40 miles but pretty sure I couldn't have gotten much further if they'd let me carry on. Really difficult terrain, especially in the dark - once the sun rose it was absolutely stunning scenery though. Fantastically organised event and great marshals, medics, supporter and runners.

• MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    My legs are still aching from the 32. Beat last years time by 1 minute but still couldn't quite break under 5.30. Just managed to get into the top 10.

Total respect for everyone who did the 64. Can't imagine how difficult that course is in the dark. Those last 4 miles are brutal enough without 60 miles already in your legs.
  • Blew up at 44miles with severe dehydration. Could not hold anything down. One 20 mile race over the last few months was just not enough (predictable really!). On the plus side I feel far stronger now having done long runs for the last few days.

Getting proper training and miles in for the Perambulation.