Lake Distric 3x3000 ultra - 4th October

Anyone doing this race this year or did it last year?

I am signed up and looking forward to it but would love to hear anyone's experiences for last year or how you are getting on for this year....

Comments

• Hello- yes I did it last year & absolutely loved it! torrential rain overnight & on morning of race meant we were wading through waist deep water at times &  Scafell section had to be re routed but it was TORRENTIAL so wasn't too disappointed. Very challenging course but that's the beauty of it. I think you should be confident navigator, ideally have chance to recce sections (they did recce weekend last year that really helped)- although it is marked, it is sporadic marking & the section going down back of scafell & across bog is bit tricky. But if you can follow map you should be fine- i love High Terrain events but in common with many race organisers the officially issued map isn't really sufficient so make your own arrangements I'd say. Drop bag halfway, excellent aid stations & super supportive team. As I'm sure you're aware, be prepared for ALL weathers (hailstorm on top of Skiddaw was painful!) but the final descent back down to finish in keswick is superb. Hmmm, you've got me thinking about signing up again...any specific questions, happy to help!