Dirty food secret

I can eat up to two packets of biscuits a day.

I have only had one today 

Comments

• Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

That's OK. I had two tubs of ice cream yesterday. And some chocolate.

• My self control with snacks is poor so I avoid buying them. Except crisps. Lovely crisps. Crispy, salty tasty crisps. Mmmm.....

• Are you aware of the glycemic index of biscuits!!!
  • RicFRicF ✭✭✭

I used to eat all the biscuits my clients offered me. It had to stop. One day the intake went: Cream wafer, fruit cake slice, 3 digestive biscuits. Next stop: 4 chocolate digestives, 4 plain digestives. Next stop: Caramel wafer and two Kit-kat chunkies.

That was in the space of about 90 minutes.

I don't eat biscuits anymore.

However, Lindor's.

🙂

• Lindors are just crack

Though I have it on good authority that smoking crack is like sniffing Detol.

Yes i know.

l'll get my coat...pfft!

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭

Just had a 'weigh in' out of curiosity to the effects of all the bits of rubbish I graze upon.

Shit!

After much work and effort honing myself down to my lowest racing weight in years, it would appear I've put 1lb per week back on for the past 4 months.

Sod it! I'm going to get some crisps.

🙂

• I don't have them often but, pork scratchings! Especially ones that have a few hairs...

• VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭

A fried slice. Made with the fat left over from cooking sausages or bacon. Served with tinned toms on top. Yum.

• a six pack of hot cross buns....takes me 7 or 8 minutes.

(reading this forum for well over a year now, and my first post is about food!)

• Over a year? Why so shy?

• MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

Mushy peas. Cold, straight out of the tin, with a dollop of mayo.

Heavenly.

• Just RunJust Run ✭✭✭

Biscuits and crisps. And cakes, and ice cream. Chocolate.....mmmm. I LOVE junk food and like RikF hit my racing weight a few months back. I'm now 10lbs over that, mainly thanks to overeating during marathon training. 

Yesterday I had a giant chocolate bourbon, it had 435 calories and 29% of my daily fat allowance.....it nearly drank all my tea! I'm off to get the giant custard cream now image .....and some crisps.

• Just RunJust Run ✭✭✭

/members/images/329046/Gallery/IMG_20150801_214341218_(140x250).jpg

one custard cream, 435 calories.

• love carb loading for "junk food" often will eat a full packet of hot cross buns, the odd sponge cake, crisp buttys . image

otherwise im pretty good; weigh my food, only have 40g of dark chocolate one night a week. bring on my next marathon.  image

• Well I'm Scottish so I can't resist unhealthy food (especially tablet). For anyone unaware of the food of the gods, it's like fudge, only more unhealthy.

Anyone here ever had a Scottish munchy box?

• Good grief, no. I had to Wiki it and it sounds awful! I did try a slice of deep fried pizza at M&Ds (the crap amusement park near Glasgow) and they put salt and vinegar on it. It was terrible.

Having said that, I once had chocolate coated bacon at the San Diego State Fair in Cali and that was awesome.

• PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭

I've just taken my marathon training to a new level and given up milk chocolate for two months.  image

Having managed to stay off the sugar in coffee since last December I'm convinced it's had a bigger effect on my weight than any amount of running could do (now my lightest since I was 17) and it's helped me look at cutting out sugar elsewhere too.  Cereal's a good place to look, especially if you like big portions of it to start off your day.  Waitrose fruit & nut muesli is my biggest vice, being 23.9% sugar (!), so now rather than necking great big bowls of it, I sprinkle it over something far more boring like shredded wheat, to add a bit of flavour and texture.

My continuing dark chocolate habit is only slightly more naughty than Pete's, but equally OCD by the sounds of it: 20g, fives time a week.  image

• Of course, if you're talking really dirty food, like properly "should be banned" food, then you can't beat a doner meat pizza. Must be the most unhealthy thing I can think of, but on the way home from the pub, can't imagine anything better.

I can (vaguely) remember asking for one of these in a French ski resort, and having to explain that yes, I did want to combine a doner kebab and a pizza. The guy behind the counter was so offended by the thought of this that he refused to serve me and threw me out.

• A good doner kebab is the food of the gods.  Sometimes on a Friday night we drive the five miles to the kebab place (90% meat, non of yer rubbish mind....) and get the guy to make up what he calls two IKEA flat pack kebabs - ie the bread, meat, salad and garlic sauce all in separate trays and pots, then come home and walk to the pub for a couple of pints and return home to our DIY kebabs, the meat and bread having been kept warm in the oven.  Genius! You have to make your own entertainment when you live in the country.

And Walkers cheese and onion crisp butties on white sliced bread.

• rodeoflip, a munchy box is awesome!

I now have a craving for battered, deep-fried pizza
  • And tablet . . . mmmmmmmmmmmm
  • Just seen that munchy box on google. Gipped a little.  Only someone under the spell of 8 pints of Stella could possibly be interested in that!

Pork fat for me.  Either in bags in pubs or slowly crisped on top of a belly or shoulder joint.  Plenty of salt and I just cannot resist the damn stuff.

• OMG how discussing is the "munchy box" Sick Sick Sick!  

Now where can I get one in Wales?

• Afraid you have to travel to Glasgow for that level of haute cuisine.

The old Glasgow marketing slogan of "Glasgow's Miles Better" was specifically referring to the availability of really, really unhealthy food.

• Marmite. On toast, bread, crackers, rice cakes, crumpets.... Spread thick like jam. Sure all the salt can't be good for me, but I have low blood pressure so hope that's ok.
  • Aberdeenshire rowie (also known as a buttery).  Fat, salt, a bit more fat . . . mmmmm

• PG3PG3 ✭✭✭

i could easily eat 2 packs of biscuits in a day, or a six pack of crips and a 4 pack of double kitkats (as i did on Mon!)