Prague Marathon 2016

Hi,

Could anyone who has done the Prague Marathon recently answer the following questions for me:

Is it a flat/fast course? Has the course got PB potential?

Is much of the route over cobbles?

Can you recommend a hotel close to the start that is not too expensive?

Would you do the marathon again?

Any other information would be helpful.

Thanks.

Comments

• I'm looking at Prague for 2016 as well but can't find any information on the official web site. It seems to stop with the 2015 marathon and just has details of other Czech events. Does anyone know if it still being held in 2016? 

• Hi, I emailed the organiser about the date for next year's marathon. It is the 8th May 2016. Registration will be possible later this month they tell me. The website is not yet up and running. I have already found and booked accommodation right at the start/finish of the route. I guess because registration is not yet possible I got a great choice of accommodation. If you email the organisers they are very helpful.

If anybody can give me any up to date information about the route I'd be grateful eg. pb potential etc.

I hope that helps.

• Thanks. I'll keep an eye out for the registration. Good luck.

• Hi guys, I did Prague this year as part of a relay team from work. Deffo no PB course unless you're used to cobbles and undulating routes. You cross the river a million times going up and down bridges and underpasses... As Prague's Old Town is tiny and narrow the marathon takes place along the Vltava river which can be a bit lonely. Not much support in some areas. Close to the town centre there's lots of noise and spectators. And of course you start and finish on Wenceslas Square which is brilliant.

I loved the event and it's great to combine running a marathon with a weekend in a beautiful city. Just don't expect a fast course or huge crowds.

If you PM me I can send you a PDF of the course.
  • Thanks for that chicksta. I've entered now so I'm going to have to live with my decision. Disappointed that its not as fast as its made out to be and I HATE cobbles.

For anyone interested in entering, entries are now open. But make sure you tick the shirt box options or you will not be able to pay for your entry! Its easily overlooked. You don't have to buy a shirt if you don't want one, but you do have to tick the box that says you don't want one. If that makes sense.

• Entry for this year is confirmed. Looking forward to it! It will be my first marathon so will be a bit of a discovery. Just completed a half in 1:38:46 and have another one coming up at the end of November. Would be good to hear on everyone's progress.

• NayanNayan ✭✭✭
    All I want is a Dukla Prague away kit
  • Anyone looking to join us on this trip to Prague this year for the marathon?

https://mybreaktrip.co.uk/trip/view/prague-marathon-08th-of-may

• oldscotiaoldscotia ✭✭✭

Only six weeks now to Prague. Anybody got any tips or information they would like to share? Eg  best transport from airport to city centre, marathon route, training etc.

There doesn't seem to be too much information out there about the Prague Marathon, any information would be helpful.

• skottyskotty ✭✭✭
    oldscotia wrote (see)

Eg  best transport from airport to city centre, marathon route, training etc.

http://www.pragueairport.co.uk/public-transport-from-to-the-airport/