GNR Race Pack has not turned up

As the title says - I have not received my GNR Race Pack.

I have contacted the organisers who just say if it doesn't arrive I can collect a replacement number on the day.

I was wondering if anyone here has experience of this for the GNR in the past - I want to know what to expect? Is it easy to find the Information Point? Do you get a number that indicates which start zone you've been allocated?

To add an extra layer of difficulty, I was going to use the baggage buses for the first time this year so I have no idea how I'm going to label up my bag if I don't have the tear off label from the race pack (I know, obviously, I can attach a basic name and address label - I just don't know any details about my race number, start zone, etc.). I have contacted the organisers again to ask about this, but I haven't heard back yet.

Does anyone have any advice (or reassurance) - I was feeling good about the run this year, but now I'm majorly stressed!?

Comments

• Chill Little Nell. It'll be fine.

Information Point should be easy to spot.

Yes you will be allocated a start zone -

our starting time and wave allocation will depend on your estimated running time as stated on your entry form.

Runners can determine what wave they have been allocated to by looking at their race number, which is sent out in the race pack. The background colour of the race number and letter will determine which zone runners are in.

Full details of wave assembly points and start times can be found in your race pack and in the Competitors Information Guide, which can be downloaded from the events webpage.

There's no difficulty with luggage - just remember what bus you put it on and what seat you put it under. By all means put a label on it but I dont think you will use it.

Have a good race.
  • Hi cougie - many thanks for your reply. I appreciate your supportive comments! image

You are right - I should just chill... I'm sure everything will be alright on the night, as they say.

I've done the GNR before - I've just never turned up without my actual number grasped in my sweaty little fist before! The race packs were sent out more than three weeks ago, but mine hasn't turned up. So I was wondering about the logistics of getting my number on the actual day.

I fully expect to be in one of the green zones - I'm a slow plodder (to say the least) - but I'm wondering how I can prove I'm supposed to be in a green zone if I'm given a replacement number on the day.

Plus - the pre-printed numbers have a tear off strip to attach to your bag if you're using the baggage buses... in previous years hubby has been there with me and just held on to my bag, but he's not coming this year so that's another new distraction that's made more difficult without having my number beforehand.

The bottom line is this all means I'm going to have to get up way earlier on the day than I was intending to originally - and I'm a grumpy little so-and-so in the mornings at the best of times!

• Hi Little Nell, when I did the GNR a few years ago I forgot to pack my race number when I was travelling up to Newcastle. I went to the expo at the Quayside and got a replacement there that also had all the other things that come with the number (luggage label, pasta voucher etc.). Took them less than 5 minutes to sort it out so if you can be in Newcastle the day before I'd suggest doing that.

• Excellent - thank you FWo!

I'll try to do that the day before... that's put my mind at rest image