Options

Monday session (14/10/2002)

2»

Comments

• Options
    What: Nothing again
    Why: what was a cold turned into a nasty virus that made me feel like someone had taken a baseball bat to my head, now coping with a nice 60 per day cough!
    I hate being out of training and this is the pits so am downing anything that will help - most of which is the alternative sort. We'll see if it helps.
    Next: asap
  • Options
    What: 10-mile cycle ride.
    Why: Long run yesterday, which I did too fast (silly, silly...).

Last hard day: Yesterday.
    Last rest day: Today (from running).
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Reading this thread today takes a bit of concentration with all this techno talk!

I think I'll stick to running at least I can understand that, well most of the time.

What: 50x25m swim
    Why: have very achy leg muscles after yesterday's race and if I'm to race again on Saturday I need to take some easy days this week. Saturday's race is a road one so hoping for a good time.
    Last hard: definitely yesterday
    Last rest: from running, today.

Well done all you weekend racers. Do you all feel as sore as me today?
  • Options
    Hope you dont mind me joining in..

Just had to get this off my chest

What: Nothing
    Why: Probablly due to the old codger who decided to try and cross a dual carriageway (in his little ford fiesta)without checking that anyone was coming and actually ended totaling both our cars! Decided due to slight aches and pains to give tonights run and tomorrow mornings gym session a miss! Feel the need for several beers instead...celebrating still being in one piece!
    Last hard: sunday 10 miler
    Last rest: tonight!...alcohol induced sleep here I come

Next: short amble tomorrow night (if I can get out of bed in the morning!)
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about your prang, BBB. I had a v. similar experience a number of years ago involving a codger and a central reservation, so I'm glad to hear you're still in one piece!

Anyway...

What: 6 mile run (well, 5.66 mile run) with the club
    Why: It's Monday :-)
    Last hard: This evening - this is the only chance I get to run with other people, and they're faster than me so I regard it as speed training
    Last rest: Saturday, but I've had a cold for two weeks so feel that I've been doing too much resting.
  • Options
    You'll all be pleased to know I haven't checked back thru my diaries so there's no need to recalculate those probabilities ;-)

Actually had the pleasure of a session with my elder son (11) this evening. We ran for 17 mins 30; he started with his usual stitch after 2 minutes but by switching his breathing to his left footstrike got through it, kept going at a reasonable pace and concentrated well. An enjoyable outing for both of us - although I could hear him wheezing, as he'd forgotten his inhaler (again).
  • Options
    Glad you're OK BBB, you must be in shock. Scary.

What: Club session: 5 * circuit taking ca 3 mins, couldn't get anyone to commit themselves to saying how far it was. 1.5 min recoveries.
    Not quite as painful as the 1/2m reps last time. Can't believe I'll ever get to be a lactic acid junkie like some of you guys and prefer these to long runs.
    Why: got endurance, must get some speed!
    Last hard: tonight
    Last rest: Sat.

Signed the application form so looks like I can finally call myself 'a club runner'. Halleluja.
  • Options
    Tried speed sessions
    400 metres is too much
    God Im crap
  • Options
    Laura, welcome to the world of club running.

What - nothing,
    Why - still feeling despondant & sorry for myself about reocorrance of injury @ missing a dead cert 2nd place in Sundays race
    Last hard - 8 days
    Next hard - 24 days (hopefully)