Adidas / Mizuno

Currently wearing Mizuno Inspire 11, have worn Mizuno support shoes for at least 15 years after a gait analysis

Now I know the old saying of if it aint broke don't fix it - but, I think after all these years need to have another analysis done

I have heard great things re Adidas, but people here are saying they don't last as long, and as they are pricey that's a big consideration - so anyone tried both ?

Comments

• senidMsenidM ✭✭✭
    I don't think its possible to recommend a shoe for someone else, its such a personal thing. I currently wear Mizuno Wave Riders as my race shoe and Kalenji LD as my training shoe, but have worn Brooks, Asic, Saucony etc in the past, until I settled on my current favourites.

All I would say is I have found it beneficial re injuries to alternate shoes, I never wear the same pair in succession (currently have 4 pairs on the go) and that seems to keep me fresh.

Only Adidas I've owned were Kanadia Trail shoes, great grip, quite cheap, but like like clogs to wear, so since changed to Innov8 for my trail runs!
  • EffilloEffillo ✭✭✭
    I've worn mizuno and adidas. I have always worn adidas and have 3 pairs of adios boost. Whilst training for a marathon this year I wanted a little more support so purchased some mizunos, can't remember the name off the top of my head. The main difference is the adidas are a lot narrower, lighter and just feel right, they feel like slippers when on. The mizunos are very stiff, when I first ran in them they hurt the soles of my feet as the cushioning is very different to adidas. Quality wise there is nothing in it, best I can advise is head down a shop and have a look, feel of both.
  • No experience with Adidas but after 10 years with Asics I switched to the much lighter Mizuno Inspire 10 for a marathon in 2014 and got a pb. Since then I've done about 800+ miles of training in a couple of Inspire 11's. They need a few miles wearing in. I wear the Hitogami's for 10k races (after unsuccessful use of Asics DS racers) but find much over 10k I go back to the Inspire. Comparing the soles of those two - the Inspire is maybe 2cm wider and a little longer so way more stable. It might be more of a question about running in narrow shoes vs wide soled Inspires? I'll wear the Inspires at Abingdon marathon on Sunday.

• Tom13Tom13 ✭✭✭

I wear adidas. Have got boston boost, adios boost and supernova glide boost on rotation. Love the feel/cushioning/responsiveness of all of them. Have never tried Mizuno's.

• I run in adidas energy boost recently and have to agree with above comments about : how responsiveness and cushion they feel....