Compression Socks or Sleeves? Recommendations?

2»

Comments

• The marketing claims by the compression gear companies that wearing compression garments will improve circulation and aid recovery is not supported by science/medical fact. They are expensive leg warmers that are comfortable in cooler weather but they do not aid performance or recovery.  I have calf guards and compression socks and I experienced no recovery benefits from wearing them during or after long runs. 

• Sub17ParkRun wrote (see)

The marketing claims by the compression gear companies that wearing compression garments will improve circulation and aid recovery is not supported by science/medical fact. They are expensive leg warmers that are comfortable in cooler weather but they do not aid performance or recovery.  I have calf guards and compression socks and I experienced no recovery benefits from wearing them during or after long runs. 

Anecdote, the primary ingredient in a delicious SCIENCE CAKE.

• SJJSJJ ✭✭✭
    Well, today I did a fast 9 mile run without them, with absolutely no pain...

Think I might just try them for recovery now!
  • I cannot cope with calf guards (more are compressport) when running.  I have to remove them after about half a mile. I'm not really sure why either.  I have worn one in bed and that was fine.

However I've found compression socks very helpful.  I like the nice and cheap Aldi ones (available in black with a bright blue pattern or a pink pattern),  The only thing I do with the socks is if wearing them over night I use an old pair and have put a cut in them to reduce the pressure across my toe joints.

Runner, swimmer, cyclist and triathlete

Devoid of a competitive streak :)

Who cares, I'm in it for the medal!

• > @SwimsL1keaWalrus said:
    > I cannot cope with calf guards (more are compressport) when running.  I have to remove them after about half a mile. I'm not really sure why either.  I have worn one in bed and that was fine.
    >
    > However I've found compression socks very helpful.  I like the nice and cheap Aldi ones (available in black with a bright blue pattern or a pink pattern),  The only thing I do with the socks is if wearing them over night I use an old pair and have put a cut in them to reduce the pressure across my toe joints.

I will do the same. After 30 years of severe accidental leg / ankle / foot surgery, these compression socks are a game changer for me. They successfully improved the condition of the legs and provided me with good compression and leg support while standing and exercising.
    https://www.gearhunder.com/best-compression-socks-for-men/