Options

Sub 3:30 Gingermagic: #Irunsuccess

1171819202123»

Comments

• Options
    sensesense ✭✭✭

thanks all for the comments re concept2.  I've completed one or two all out 2000m TTs before and have been doing roughly one session a week for the last 2-3 months (variety of different things mainly taken from sean's suggestion of the c2 workout of the day).  but most of it has been 80% intensity max.

I'm pretty sure it's at least 50% mental.  stan's comments re the 2nd quarter (500m to 1000m) & the predicted finish time field ring very true for me.  have also read something that quoted matthew pinsent as saying the section from 800m-1400m was where he always struggled.  so I think I mainly just need to toughen up. 

had a heavy weekend on a stag do (my own) so will give it another go (and the magic mile as well) later this week when I'm feeling less fuzzyheaded  

• Options
    sensesense ✭✭✭
    Sean - finally got round to the c2 2000m time trial. Not fun but managed to sneak under 7 mins with 6.56. Think my height & weight better suited to rowing than running. Next on the list for next week is magic mile

Malcs - when is enduro? Lots of decent volume from you still going on
  • Options

Wow that is an amazing time for C2 2000m time trial. My best so far this year is 7:12 - I think i just need to push it. It doesn't help that there is only one good rowing machine in my gym. One moves backwards and forwards all over the floor and the other two are weird water based things. I guess the wedding must be soon Sense seeing as you have done the Stag do?

So today i did my first triathlon. Was enjoyable but my body is hurting like I've done a full marathon (I am also grumpy which I often get after a marathon - think this could be hydration nutrition linked) I wouldn't mind but it was only a sprint distance. Toying with the idea of doing an Olympic distance one in Salford in July.

Not sure if i mentioned on here that I've entered the Robin Hood Marathon just to keep my mileage high before aiming to go sub-3 in London. I'll give Robin Hood a go at sub 3 but don't think the course is that great for fast times. What is everyone else up to now the spring marathons have finished? Did anyone do Edinburgh today? Hope everyone is signed up for Angela's Magic Mile!

• Options
    Just checked the triathlon results and I finished 16th out of 245 which I am happy with. My run was the worst part though!
  • Options

Just had a look at the GFA Entry, I'm a bit of a techno-phobe, I reckon I'll find that more of a struggle to fill out, than I did to get the qualifying time! Lol. My printers not working so I can't scan any documents. I need to pull my finger out!

• Options
    RichNRichN ✭✭✭

Thread bump alert. Just wandered if anyone from this thread is still hanging about on these forums in other threads?

I'm back in marathon training - London is the venue.

I'll be a disappointed if i don't go sub 3:30 this year as I'll put it out there... the aim is sub 3:15. Well it is until i run my first spring half and see where i really stand! image