New Shoes & pets

I think the title tells its own story.

I bought a new pair of shoes on Saturday and after christening them with a short run on Sunday morning, left them lying about in the hallway (as you do). I woke up this morning to find that the cat had decided to perform a sacrificial blessing ceremony on top of them with a pigeon...after which she had decided to join us on the bed!

Comments

• NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    Just Doo it!
  • ??? Sorry Nessie......that went sailing over my head.
  • NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    The slang name for a pigeon is "Doo" (well, here in Scotland it is anyway).

Sorry - it is Monday.
  • Aah, the penny drops. I have never heard that before. I am originally from South Africa so you'll have to forgive me.
  • NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    Yes, I imagine it may have lost a bit of its limited comic value if you hadn't heard the term before.

Have you tried the shoes again? Did the sacrifice work, and are you now running 5 minute miles?
  • Don't worry Lardy, I've never heard it before either and I'm a native, albeit a southern one.
  • I had a rest day today but next time I go out (tomorrow or Wednesday depending on work), I'll have to see....will a 5min KM do - just the one though?
  • Off to bed now. I'll have to fight with the wife and the cat for pole possition - they are both already tucked up!
  • Should that be position? Tell RW that we require a spell check!!!!!!!!!!
  • Does that mean you are now pigeon toed???

I'll get me coat....
  • You better had!
  • Not ........... speckled Jim?
  • Explain please...
  • Black Adder goes forth. Speckled Jim is the name of General Melchett's childhood pet that Blackadder shoots and eats, resulting in court martial and firing squad.

The effect of the previos posting has been somewhat diluted.
  • I am not thinking laterally enough obviously. Too much work and not enough play is the cause methinks!