Mapledurham Ten (near Reading)

This looks interesting. New event based at Mapledurham House, just along the Thames upstream from Reading/Caversham. Another event (Muddy Welly) by the same organizers has positive reviews on this site.

10K and 10 mile options and incorporating bits of some of my regular routes, and just up the road from Muttley Mansions.

I might just have to give this one a go. 

Comments

• I'm in Muttley.  I've run the Gutbuster by the same crew for the last 3 years and that's a good event.  Good medal too, which I'm sure you're not interested in image

• A good medal? I think you might have talked me into this one, Andy image

So ... 10K or 10 miler? Inclined towards the latter tbh. But there be hills round there.

• I think I've gone for the 10k.

I recall a summer series of events around Mapledurham (quite) a few years back.  The hills are still with me!!image

• Planning to enter this one on the day, still mulling 10K or 10 miles.

Could depend on circumstances. I have a guest this weekend and will likely be carboloading at Nino's pizza joint on Saturday evening. And hydrating ...

• In the event I did the full-fat 10 miles rather than the semi-skimmed 10K. Tough course, weather not as bad as feared but mud ... and more mud ... nearly lost my shoes in a couple of places. And hills. Good filthy fun. Legs and shoes properly trashed.

Add: just recorded my results. Blimey, well down the field by all parameters (overall, gender, age category) so I guess it was a fairly hardcore crowd this morning.

• Gloopy mud, plenty of it & hills.  However a very enjoyable event, well organised and friendly event.

I'd do this event again.