thames meander

I know we have a couple of vets in here, I was wondering if anyone had driven to it from a long distance away before.

Im going to drive up the night before and was wondering if it would be better to try and stay in a B&B near the start then leave my car in reading for a couple of days, and try and get a train back or something at the finish after the school on the day after the race....

or if it would be better to stay at a B&B the night before at the finish then get up early to get myself to the start on race day leaving my car near the finish (is this easily possible without getting up at stupid hours of the morning??) So that when I finish the cars easily to hand.

Anybody got any experiance with this or suggestions?

Comments

• Or you could leave your car in Clapham Junction - this is central and probably about the same train journey time as there is a fast train to reading.

It is about the 20 minutes to Hampton, but there are less trains.

Whatever you do dont try and drive home though after doing a 50 miler.

I tried that at the Round Rotheram and had to pull in to a travel lodge after 20 minutes on the motorway
  • it may seem a bit of a drag or an early start. but i would make sure you have your transport home as near, or actually at the finish, as possible. its a real slog having to travel the next day to collect your car which is a distance away.
  • thanks for the advice. Made me rethink my options on doing all the driving.

Sorted it now - booked a hotel near the start.

Decided against driving the 200mile journey and cajoled another family member into doing the driving - they are gonna drop me off and pick me up. Nice and conveniant.