Does this affect you?

13»

Comments

• At this point, you have to wonder what's cause and what is effect. Maybe you don't get to be senior in sports governance unless you're massively corrupt, a dealer in influence and kickbacks. The structure seems to produce an overtly political climate- just one that's more closed and secretive than most governments are allowed to get away with.

It may not be so much a case of "oh no, a horrible corrupt bastard has been put in charge of ", more "oh, look, this person is now in charge of , they're obviously a cheat who knows game the system and grease palms".

No, I don't know how to fix it, but I bet the answer includes fewer secretive conclaves off the record. 

Your chances of getting the right person may be almost nil, if by definition, you need to be a scummy wheeler-dealer to get that high in a sports organisation. A selection pressure that favours the dishonest, if you will.

As dear old Douglas Adams put it:

“The major problem—one of the major problems, for there are several—one of the many major problems with governing people is that of whom you get to do it; or rather of who manages to get people to let them do it to them.

To summarize: it is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it.

To summarize the summary: anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.”

• Should I be concerned that Dick Pound seems to want his report to be 'explosive' (in his words)?  Isn't that one step too close to the sexed-up dossiers in the past that were altered to suit a particular agenda?

• Dick Pound being "explosive" really doesn't sound SFW.

• Quoting Douglas Adams Kattefjaes image the man was a genius  image