Why Winter Miles makes Summer Smiles

Last hard: Getting out of bed

Lyrics:Yes indeed

Back later and take care with the weather

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Morning.

Yes, Wednesday afternoon is mostly lecture free where I work Alehouse but the sports societies also have evening training sessions (though probably not on a Wednesday too).

Well done Pammie. I hope it's getting easier to get out?

Hope you have a good one Poppy.

Make it twelve then Oliver image

What:          LSR
    Why:           impending marathon
    Last hard:    don't do hard
    Last rest:     31/10

Lyrics - don't believe I do.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning all!

What: hopefully group run this evening

why: Thusday but maybe dependent on what Abigail has in store ...

last hard: Monday

last rest: 30 October

lyrics: don't think so

• Quick stop in, evening in with my man image

What: 40 min turbo intervals + bum/leg strength

Why: schedule!

Yesterdays lyrics 'hotel california' Eagles

Laters !

• I should have got yesterday's lyrics as a favorite of mineimage

LMH: good luck on your long run hope it was a good one for you

OH: Hope Abigail stays away from your neck of the woods.

12.44 miles done and dustedimage the route that takes me up to Big Apple along coastal path to Limeslade cafe and beach and back but job done longest run in months and not run this route since end of August.

Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Morning
    Ale - all the Unis we visited reserve Wednesday afternoons for sport.
    LmH - that is some mileage. I hit 2,000 in 2015 this week, and I don't often manage that in a whole year.
    what - easy runs with the little people
    why - routine, legs tired. Another double yesterday. 6 easy at lunchtime, 5 track miles in the evening including 2x 400/300/200/100 tempo with steady recoveries.
    last rest - 6 days
    last hard - yesterday
    lyric - nope

• Nice mileage, Poppy.

Little M.iss Happy wrote (see)

I can't really say chicksta as I've been doing too much racing with tapering and recovery. I have run over 3000 miles so far this year though. I expect it was a reaction to the injection as it was pain in my back disturbing me - and some very weird dreams.

3000 miles image. I've done about half of that ... crikey, but that is serious, serious mileage. Respect for not breaking down. I'm sure my body wouldn't cope image

What: just 3 miles easy
    Why: recovery & bad back (went into spasm yesterday because I sat for too long at my desk and is still grumpy today)
    Last hard: not yelping
    Last rest: 31/10
    Lyrics: yes

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

Afternoon all

amazing habit pammie

chick hope the run eased the back

dustin enjoy the easy run!

yesterday lyrics yes, today no

what run with club beginners later

why: because I do but I am stepping down

last hard: last night 15x1 min hard was fun

last rest: tuesday 

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Afternoon!

Wabo: 15 x 1 min is hard! 

WP: that's more like it!  And have you been on the Middle Ground lately?

Dustin: technically Weds pm is sports' afternoon, but as I said pressure of space is leading to an erosion of this on some courses. 

LMH: cross country club at uni host a range of sessions...
    Mon eve, intervals
    Tues eve short run then circuit training (too popular...there were 70 there last week!)
    Weds pm intervals
    Thurs: steady runs (choose from 3/5/7 miles)
    Sat: parkrun as part of a run
    Sun a.m. long run

Lyrics: no

What: 20 minutes easy d&d after work this morning. More later.

Why: opportunity knocks. Would say that kilometres make smiles but it doesn't quite sound right.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Afternoon

LMH amazing mileage

Dunno if its easier but its come to the stage where i don't think about it I live at the bottom of a hill not long about a third of a mile to get to the top while i could run it i usually walk it now then start run gives my legs a chance to warm up sometimes they don't feel like it after a nights work.

Should have got yesterdays lyrics. Love that song

Did 2.39 miles just now there ar other hills like a really horrible one today but hills make you stronger

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Afternoon

What:5.3 km followed by yoga
    Why: winter miles summer smiles
    Last hard: the circuits we did last night!
    Lyrics: no

LHM wow!
    Pammie well done for the consistency

Have a good one all.

• I'd have thought the same chicksta but it hasn't happened - yet. Used to be pleased to make 1200 miles a year. Last year I did 1865 but obviously had about three months where I couldn't run at all, the year before 1705 - which I thought was good. Hope your back is getting better, mine seems worse since the steroid, I could feel it on my run and since getting back I've needed constant painkillers to stay on top of it as it feels as if it's going to spasm.

70 at circuits is a lot Alehouse.

Pammie - I usually have a little walk at the beginning and end of my runs too, I think it's good to get the legs moving.

Good running Poppy.

You're putting in some quality sessions Dustin.

I should have got yesterday's lyrics too.

• Yes, LMH, 70 is too many at circuits but it is difficult to know how to manage it given that the gym is fully booked from 4 until 10 so it isn't possible to run a second session. And they have doubled the price (now £2!) to try and reduce numbers...and it made no difference, except to the bank balance!

Meant to say, whilst your miles so far this year seem high, I think you have listened to your legs very well!

On Tuesday and Thursday evenings I walk for at least 2k before I run and am sure it helps.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • I also walk 5 minutes to start of track and 5 minutes back home at the end of the run I find it helps.

Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • It's very important to me to be able to continue to run Alehouse. I wouldn't jeopardise that just for the sake of recording miles, one of the reasons I wouldn't streak.

• 35 gusting 46kts so nothing special, just an Orkney breeze. 

A small gale, not A big gale image

7.1 D&D

• Evening again!

Absolutely agree with you re the continuing to run, LMH! Certain things like bike crashes, Achilles ops and cancer bring this home! At the end of the day we run to enjoy,  and if we perform well that is a bonus!

What: 30 mins run, 5.15k covered on wet, windy, puddly, leafy pavevements. Plus 2k walking beforehand.

Why: Brucie bonus. 

• Evening all. image

LMH: I guess I could be tempted to run 12 miles on Sunday. image  Well done on the 3,000 mark by the way. image
    Everybody Else: Hope y'all enjoying yourselves/running. image

What: 5 mile Fartlek.
    Why: Training.
    Lyrics: Should have gotten yesterday's lyrics.  Perhaps I should get today's lyrics but no luck.

Have a good 'un. image

Have a good day. image
  • Good evening everyone!

What: 4 mile easy

Why: Training for first HM! image 

Last hard: Sunday

Last rest: Technically yesterday, but I'm at drama school so had to tap dance yesterday...depends if that counts or not!

Hope everyone had a good one!

• Indeed, welcome R&S! And dancing is indeed far harder than running!

• Hello R&S, best of luck in training for your first half. image

I knew a plumber who could tap dance... Gettin' me coat... image

Have a good day. image
  • Haha, thanks everyone image