Aldi running gear back soon

Comments

• I went to Newark first thing before going to work and got some stuff in XL. There were about 15 running type people in there of all shapes and sizes buying up stuff, so guess it isn't going to last long. Glad I didn't wait until later.
  • I saw x-large in Milton Keynes. They had pretty much everything in most sizes and colours, but not necessarily the colour AND size you want!

Ended up with the t-shirt and shorts in blue and orange (not first choice), vest in grey and black, shorts in black and red and two pairs of socks. All for £24.95, and an extra 3p for the bag!

All the gear seems very good quality, as I'd expect.
  • BTW - forgot to say. At 9.10 all the laptops had gone that were the star buy this week. however, customers were told that they could order them and they would arrive in 4-6 weeks.

My point is, that maybe you may be able to do the same thing with the running gear.
  • I was sooooo pleased to see the running socks back. I nabbed 6 pairs as they're so good.

Bought some of the leggings again (they're a different design from last year's) but look like they'll do the business. Didn't like the look of the shorts.

Oh, and got a t-shirt, too. Wanted small, but they only had medium left. I'll just have to eat some more :o)

And a very nice lady with a trolley full of food allowed me in front of her to pay, which was really very, very sweet of her.
  • Are the socks really that good? I looked a them , but I thought they were a bit thin... Maybe I should hop in the car and go back...

Camberley/Blackwater had loads of stuff there at 14:00 - obviously not too many runners in the area (or only rich ones...)
  • Got a variety of stuff, capris , jacket, T shirt and vest in sizes XS and S ( last time S was heaps big enough)in the grey/aqua colour. Just tried the capris on and the size S (supposed to be 12-14) is too small even though I'm only a 10-12 !!. Looks like I'll have to go and take it all back, so if you're on the small side and in Leeds these will be going back to the Meanwood store probably Friday lunchtime. Shame about the small sizing.
  • Yeah, I like the socks. Bought some more as some of my older ones went a horrible grey in the wash (my fault btw).
  • Got my socks hooray
  • Got the socks and the jacket.
    Jacket for 9.99 seems amazing value - turns into a gilet as well. Refeltctive piping, vents, high collar with a zip baffle. All the zip toggles wrapped in paper for protection. Elasticated waist, and a secret squirrel key pocket in one of the pockets.
    Watch out Nike !
  • OK - let's start a "spot-the-Aldi-runner" competition! With the black/red , blue/orange colour schemes - you can't miss 'm... :-)
  • Went to the local Aldi in Lowestoft and there was loads of stuff there at 1500 so I ended up spending about £50 <naughty MG mustn't tell Mrs MG>.
    The stuff seems pretty good quality and at that price it fairly made this Scotsman happy!
  • got to my not-so-local Aldi at 12.30 and there was loads left.
    got me a jacket, all in one suit and some socks, some prosciutto ham and 2 boxes of (imitayion) jaffa cakes.

• Poooh - I missed the jaffa cakes.

Their snicker-esque bars are v good though.
  • Just got back from swindon aldi

not much stock left except the lycra long shorts and running trousers. Very few vests left and 2 medium jackets. I wanted large.

So i got a vest and 2 pairs of shorts. Running 4 times a week you cannot have 2 much running gear.
  • I think I got the last 2 sets of socks in our Blackwater/Camberley store, for size 6-8 feet, just tried them out and I like them lots. Quite similar to 1000mile socks and a lot cheaper. There were a couple of smaller ladies sizes left at 4pm.

also got Mr A-C two pairs of shorts and myself some of the capri pants - sizing is not so generous as other makes, but they're comfy & match the top I bought last time they were in.

Lots of various size shorts and running jackets left, and quite a few stopwatches.
  • Well, I've tried all my new gear on now.In fact, I'm wearing my nice blue/orange shorts and t-shirt combo at the moment!

The shorts (not the lycra ones) are probably a bit longer than the average running variety but that's fine by me - less chance of "jogger's inner thigh"! The tops are quite clingy but fit nicely. The vest is a lot more white than it appeared in the packaging and is fairly transparent - it will be very obvious when I'm wearing micropore tape! Lots of nice touches, such as more open mesh around the armpits and lots of reflective trim, that you have no right to expect on gear this cheap.

Long live Crane Sports! I just wish some other retailer could sell this stuff all year round.
  • Also makes you look at the prices of other manufacturers!
  • HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Load of gear at my local Aldi. I got the orange/blue 3/4 tights and t-shirt, black vest with pocket in back, blue/orange jacket, 4 pairs of socks, all in one for triathlon (best bit of kit!)and 2 sports towels all for £51-not bad considering I paid more than that for my last all in one tri suit!
  • Went to my local Aldi this morning at nine, bought loads of stuff but have found all the leggings / lycra shorts a little tight. so, if they've got any medium stuff I will see if I can swap it.

I think the jacket is fantastic value, it even looks okay (by the time I got to Aldi last time they were doing a runners special I could only get the fluo yellow ones... great for on a bike but I would think twice about wearing it to the shops!!!)

Got some socks but one had a burst seam in the toe... :(

All in all blooming great stuff, though...

BTW, is any of the food stuff any good (other than the jaffa cakes and mini eggs???) Might stock up on cheap essentials...
  • Jen, I've bought some bruschetta spread that I'm going to try on garlic bread tonight, and some spices - garam masala for 39p per bag. Will let you know if the spread is any good. (Worth a try for 99p!)
    I thought the sizes were a little tight too!
  • nrg-bnrg-b ✭✭✭
    Got some jackets (nice that the arms are zippered) and some of the tri all-in-one kit.

I recommend Aldi's Hazlenut Chocolate Bar. Yummy!!
  • Yeh, agree with all the comments about the sizes. Will have to try the size M(16-18) which is a bit of a shock being as I'm usually 10-12.

Might get that tri-suit thingy too. Met a fellow aldi-shopper in there, who has probably talked me into going on a triathlon training sesh. Don't really want to pay £51 (ta Hilly) just in case I still can't swim any good!!

Also bought the Sprengel truffle chocolates in the long thin box for £1.99. Oh my god! Amazing. Will get more of those when I pop back tomoz. Yum.
  • HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    I got the x-small and they're a perfect fit.

Not too sure about the trainers, but then again if you have a neutral running style they may well be fine!
  • Two T tops, two jackets, looked at the all in one - not sure, may pop back tomorrow and think about it again whilst buying loads of easter eggs for the kids.
  • The Jaffa Cakes are VERY yummy.
  • V glad I bought the jacket - thick snow here at the moment ! And the mint and choccy sticks are v yummy.

According to mrs c. - I didn't manage to eat any of them this time ! Grrrrr !
  • Coventry branch - shirts were in short supply, plenty of shorts and jackets.
  • just off to give the all in one its 1st try out, will report back later
  • I often buy food in Aldi, as they label gluten free clearly, and being a coeliac, that's great news. It's generally good quality and very cheap.