Options

Aldi running gear back soon

13»

Comments

• Options
    2 x tee's, 1 x running shorts (teflon ones), 2 x 2 pairs running socks and 1x trousers = £30 and a conservative £40 saved if buying "branded" kit. :-)

• Options
    Well the size M (16-18) fits ok. I'll definitely be hiding the size label in those!!
  • Options
    Teflon shorts !?
  • Options
    I put them in the washing machine and the bacon and eggs came right off.
  • Options
    It's so they don't stick to the wall when you throw them off after a long run!
  • Options
    Anyone been in an Aldi anywhere near bristol today? Thinking I might go tomorrow since I can't escape from work on a weekday - but no point if all the running stuff's gone?
    Ta muchly
  • Options
    just been to aldi in ipswich,bought a jacket,tights,t-shirt,vest,lycra shorts,teflon shorts,socks,bottle belt and reflective bands all for £50,they seem to plenty of stock there.Would also be interested to know in anyone has tried the shoes
  • Options
    did a 2hr run in the one piece suit, very comfy, no chaffing, well happy for £10
  • Options
    Went back to try and change my small bottoms (which don't fit my larger bottom!!) and they've nearly completely sold out of everything!!

Am still v interested in the food though - really good prices for the basics and thanks for your comments that it seems to be okay. Can feel a stocking up trip coming along.

Our branch had more shorts than tops too, in fact why I felt the need to buy seven bottoms of different types when i could only get a couple of tops I don't really know... bargain frenzy I guess.

Does anyone know of a good website that sells cheapish running tops???
  • Options
    Went to aldi today bought

All in one suit
    leggings
    shorts
    Jacket
    socks
    all for under £40
  • Options
    Wore the socks for a 5 miler tonight.
    Excellent quality - bit like the 1000 mile socks in that they are double layer, but seems a better quality.

Oh, and their cat food in sachets seems good. Well that's the opinion of my cat anyway. Not me.
  • Options
    Somehow missed the socks!! Bought £30 worth of stuff. I'll be back tomorrow then.

Good marketing for them as well as I also bought 2 chocolate Easter bunnies for the kids, and Aldi is a shop I never visit otherwise.
  • Options
    Ooh on reading the thread I popped in on Thursday morning and bought two tri type suits, fine for when I get into the Ironman training properly. A jacket, socks and a load of the flashing armbands for the "goth" runners down the club, mine had been much admired. All for less than 50 quid, hurrah I love bargains, also got some flying saucers and some rainbow drops.
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    The all in one tri suits were mentioned in 220 magazine this month as well worth buying.
  • Options
    Am sure the all in one suits are only good if the wearer has figure to match one of the models on the picture :o) I resisted the lycra shorts for the same reason...

Aldi was good for me for 1x 2 pr socks, 1 medium vest, 1 large running jacket, 1 x running trousers (a first for me - no shorts tomorrow!!! & they match the jacket), and a fancy mini towel thing all for the knockdown price of £30.

It was Bell Green in Coventry I went to, next Friday I will visit the one in Radford to spend my birthday box there (we are blessed with two here!!!)
  • Options
    THERE WERE RAINBOW DROPS ?????? DAMN !!!

Erm, not sure about the cat food now. Pingu has changed her mind.
  • Options
    I went and bought:

1 vest top - ran in it last night - great!
    1 t-shirt style top - ran in it tonight - great!
    Socks - afraid ran in same pair last night and tonight - eeeew - but still - great!
    shorts - not tried yet
    three quarter lengh trousies - not tried yet
    bum bag - will try this weekend

All for around £30 - oh I do love a bargain!
  • Options
    I got some of the socks, trousers and shorts. For the money they are excellent.

Makes you wonder the profit Nike, Adidas and all the others are making!
  • Options
    Cold this morning in Bolton but plodded along in my new aldi jacket (sickly orange) and it was fine. Socks OK too agree they're similar to 1000's at fraction of price. Not tried shorts yet and didn't buy the "trousers"-I like Tracksters which u can get for just about a tenner online unless the aldi ones are as good or better. Jkt size was fine aldi "L" more generous than Ron Hill "XL" rainjacket.
  • Options
    Hey Rene - I only discovered the Radford store recently, used to go to Bell Green too...

Isn't there a third Cov Aldi somewhere near Foleshill?

So many shopping opportunities, eh????
  • Options
    tried the trousers and lycra shorts in medium,to tight on the pouch man,and they had no large left....aslo got the lot for mrs slainte to get her off her arsy-ender and run,shell go spare when she gets home later and finds them all laid out on the bed ready to wear...actually she might get other ideas...mmmmmm.
    oh and aslo tried there crayfish tails,bosin fittle!
  • Options
    bostin fittle even....
  • Options
    Nate - only just saw your post. The Aldi on Greystoke Avenue, Westbury-on-Trym/Southmead had quite a bit of stuff left on Friday, but it would depend on what you wanted. They had shorts, tops, jackets, socks, armbands, tights, etc. Also had some HRMs from a ew weeks ago. Not sure if they're open on Sundays, though, but I might be able to call in on Monday.
  • Options
    I have to agree that the sizing is not quite right. I brought the capri pants M (14-16) size and it was a snug fit, daughter tried them on who is a 12 and even she was not keen on the fit so I ended up taking them back. They did not have much left so gave up and hope that when May comes I will get some gear for Birthday! My other aldi gear has always been the Medium and fits well so not sure why these do not.

I do not know about the food at aldi but the cleaning stuff for floors etc I was impressed with, and the shower gel is really nice. We have also tried out the packets of fruit gum sweets with vitamins and like them, they have a nice taste but problably full of colourings.
  • Options
    Did my 20 miler yesterday in the doible skin running socks and my feet were just fine, so that's good.

Alos v cold ans still a bit snowy round here so ran with the £9.99 jacket on. Worked very well, I was v comfy.
  • Options
    Got some flashing armbands for £3 !
    Going to wear them nightclubbing ( only kidding dont worry )
  • Options
    The jacket is better (iho) than the fluo one I bought from Aldi last year... moer breathable and lighter. In fact, started a run in the fluo one on Sat (how cold can it be??) and was irritated by the flapping / sweating so came back and changed to the new red one and it was fine.

More than fine - it bears a striking similarity to one I bought last year for £50!! Now I have a spare one to keep in a spare kit at work.

The leggings I bought last year have 'relaxed' over time with constant washing, so I'm hoping the tight fitting ones this year will do so also??