working at it slowly

Comments

• JFF, i think you're amazing to even THINK of racing in this heat!

Spence and Larry, well runned both! Hope youaren't TOO hot!

Daffs, can't see your pretty van but hope one comes along soon that you both love!

Emma, I remember getting rid of the babythings. Very nostalgic.

• Sorry for short posts but longones disappear on the iphone.

Podds, what a lovely evening that sounds like. And you deserve it!!

Fp, you sound as busy as ever!

Amandax, don't they grow up fast? A prom alrady...

Yums, the teeth sound exciting. Good for you for doing something for yourself!!!
  • Jay, your lads sound as active as ever---just how they should be.

Sorry, read back so fast I can't remember news fromPippi and Podds but I gather Meldy is producing another unbelievable feat of strength and endurance???

Sluggie, hope the cycling is going well.

Waves to Noggy, Westie,
  • Hey all
    Not read back sorry - just can't keep up with you all!

Dreadmilled 3.5miles run/walk 4/1 which seems to suit me - all set for rfl next week!

I think mum has got me a tent for my b'day tomorrow! I'm guessing it will be the starter kit from Argos as it was £35 so it will do for my first tent!! Will have to go somewhere close by in case I can't put it up so think first weekend will be skeg! It's 2 berth so ideal for me an lil flib - oh won't camp!!!
  • Tubs, Sue, XB (eventually), keeley, Berry, HH (hope you aren't cooking there in Tuscany!) andanyone else.

It's been very hot here too, and you really feel how intense the sun is this far south. But having a great time. Rossie thinks it's fantastic, cats are starting to like it.

Podds and Melds, when are you coming????
  • SpenceSpence ✭✭✭

Mrs Far Far you still did a crackin time image

((((((although I can understand that you are disappointed)))))))

waves to Chuggyimage

• Pippi LSPippi LS ✭✭✭

(((JFF))) image - always disappointing when you have a bad one, especially unexpectedly. Still, I echo what everyone else has said. (and you did it!!!)

Had my hair trimmed and thinned. The hairdresser has just come back form Egypt so we caompared notes and got advice, etc.

• What fabulous bite sized Chuggy posts  image

Ms Fart Pants, you cannot indeed win them all, the race will be there next year

2 laps of the lake,  2.5hrs bike at avg 16mph,  1 very nearly 10k pb,  1 MOT passed save a bit of front headlight fettling  image
  • pippi, when you shower, make sure you do your feet and ankles and rinse the soap away properly and take spray bug repellant-I didn't get a single bite, and don't eat the eggs.
    when they offer you the hot cloths when you return to the boat make sure you use them on you hands and face. I didn't get sick or bitten.
    They expect you to barter and seem upset if you don't! I thought the price asked for an item was fair compared to at home but the man wanted to haggle.
    Take plenty of baksheesh (spare notes) in small denominations and keep it separate from your spending money and cheap biro's to give to the kids as they have to buy their own equipment for school.
    You will get propositioned whether your hubby is with you or not. Completely ignore it. Don't put your fingers anywhere near your eyes/nose /mouth after handling the money-it is filthy and stinks, often kept in rather intimate places........... take a bottle of alcohol hand gel with you
  • Pippi LSPippi LS ✭✭✭

Hand gel, toilet roll, immodium ... on my list ... hairdresser also mentioned the money - I knew it was dirty but hadn't thought about the hygiene of it.

I have factor 50 suncream and lots of repellent - we take this anyway, wherever we go. 

I'm going to bake a cake now ... apricot and apple teabread sounds nice (waits for Meldy to say "apricots, yuk" ...)

• when you land at the airport don't let anyone get hold of your bag as they will try to grab it and take it for you so they can demand baksheesh.  Even the guards in the temples will pester you for money.  At the temples like Kom Ombo, there are begging children- the police beat them to hell with sticks if they see them (it's horrible and shocking)

If you use a kalesh (pony and cart) agree a price first.  The museum at luxor is good, as is the nubian museum, I found them really interesting. (i wish it was me going again) I cried all the way back to the airport as it had been one of my lifelong ambitions, I still haven't been to cairo, the pyramids and saqharra, or seen the workmens tombs near the valley of kings.  Doubt I ever will whilst we know sister and mum are in the vicinity as money will buy pretty much anything.

Oh, and if you can afford it the flight to abu simbel to watch the sun rise over the tombs is wonderful, the video footage at luxor telling you how they moved  it  from it's original position before the area was flooded is amazing!

• SpenceSpence ✭✭✭

mmmmm cake!

Blimey Melds put your feet up!

daught has received a party invite, the girl will be 11, the mother has written the invite! image

• SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

Apples - yuk! image

Well done, Farty Pants, I wouldn't have even considered racing in this heat!

Had a leisurely, but sociable cycle ride. I was a little nervous at times having realised that my back brake cable had frayed to just 2 strands. There are a couple of places where we have to go up a short, sharpish upflat, across a drainage channel and then down the otherside. The path then turns through almost 90 degrees otherwise you'd be in the sea image. I took that very cautiously with my weight well back and feathering both brakes. Stopped and bought a new cable on the way home so it's all fixed now image.

• JFF Shame you didnt enjoy your race... but least you finished.

Kids are in bed now, just waiting for them to go quiet them I'm going to shave my head then jump in the shower.

Great game this afternoon between Argentina and Germany with a surprising 0-4 result for the germans as well.

• Cracking TT on the Tour, my computer behaved long enough to watch  image

Apricots  image

• SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    Devoted2Distance wrote (see)

I can't believe the amount of people who watch my YouTube.

I talk such a load of crap on there.

Oh how I wanted to comment image
  • She is such a stupid cow .........  I dont even bother commenting anymore and I notice quite a few others have followed suit

I am watching The Magnificent Seven so I get to lust after Steve McQueen   image
  • FootpatherFootpather ✭✭✭

God is D2D still churning out the rubbish?

How lovely to see Chuggy,  How the heck she remembers everything i do not know.

JFF, what distance was it and what time did you do it in?  Just so that I can be green with envy at what you are disappointed with!

Tea bread sounds gawjuss Pippi.

Well  er exercised Meldy.

We've had a lovely afternoon in Sheffield.  Took longer than expected to get there as we got stuck in traffic (waved all round Sheffield Daffy as I wasn't sure which part to wave to).  Even got some tips on how to teach myself to ride the unicycle.  Then we had a trip to Decathlon and I bought a very yellow cycle-type top.

• Well I think I might have taken a little too much off my hair....... number 2 last week.... number 1 this week. I dont mind it being this short but the OH complains that it makes me look older...
  • Infact I know I'll go shave the hair on my face... that will make me look younger!

• /members/images/88814/Gallery/Pikey_July_1.jpg

Would you mind awfully if I shared your tea??
    /members/images/88814/Gallery/Pikey_July_2.jpg

plllllllllleeeeeeeease   image
  • SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    LOL, Meldy, how could you resist?!
  • Quite flippin easily .... I was starving !!
  • Evening all.

Well done on all your activities meldy

nice to see you chuggs

started work at 7 then funday at the rugby club.

I have read back, but have forgotten bits.... Sorry.... So hugs etc for those that need them.

Early night for me.

Xx
  • Woo, and quite literally, Hoo.

Blinding Tour Prologue.  The next 3 weeks see me at one with the universe.

The Nog shirt is on Alberto Contador to win, Andy Schleck to come second and Brad Wiggins to come third.

Oh dear JFF,  disappointing, but you finished and there was cider.

We've had a day of Grandkinde heaven.  Dancing, singing followed by a reprise of last weekends dance routine and a choreography comp.  Plus playing footie in the park with grandson.

I've had worse days.

It'sHL's birthday tomorrow and she needs some serious Nogtime.

Hasta Manana.

• I will put Lance in Top 3 Noggs and replace Brad with Cav !
  • I liked the man in the light aqua blue image

• SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    I have watched a bit of the cycling I've never watched it before..........do they have padding down their shorts!? image think I might watch it again! image image
  • Well I'm planning a run tomorrow morning, just 3 miles after a week off.