working at it slowly

Comments

• imageHappy Birthday, birthday peeps - may the sun of optimism shine and your blokies wait on you hand and foot image

Footpather wrote (see)

Well paddled Podds.  Are you going to do another Tri eventually?

Oh yes - most definitely FP  image  I have seriously unfinished business with the half iron distance for one thing following my indelicate moments image at Bala.................

• Dont know if this link will work guys, pic of my hair cut
  • morning all

Happy birthday Mrs Noggin imageimageimageimage

Happy birthday Flibbs imageimageimageimage

woohoo for Sue! - so glad you're feeling better - must be a relief -hoorah!

Yumms - I'd say go for it with the gnashers! I don't remember noticing anything wrong with your teef, but if you're unhappy with them, I think it would be worth the expense - and you'll be smiling all the time to get your moneysworth image

woohoo Podds - so you will be doing another 1/2IM image

FP - it was a 1/2 mara and I did 2:11 - I know that's not a terrible time, but my PB is sub 2 hours. will be interesting to see what the overall results are like. Anyways feeling OK today, but didn't go swimbling, kind of feel like someone's stomped on me chest!

day of cleaning awaits - hoorah!

• Jay - you're bald! must be nice and cool - quite fancy that hairdo meself
  • Morning all, Happy Birthday to HL and Flibs!!! The peasants apologise for not being here but they can't all fit into the iphone screen!

Hh, would love to hear abput post-palio Siena, take lots of pix!

About to go to hamlet lunch. We put out tables and chairs this morning and everyone is bringing something. We have a Dutch cheeseboard. I understand this event is likely to last all day, with 27 people eating, drinking and talking and playing petanque...! Back evemtually, Waist well!
  • haha JFF, i'm not completely bald.. there is still some hair there, just I was never blessed with a full thick head of hair thanks to my Dad.

I do prefer having my head shaved.

• Chuggs enjoy your hamles lunch. sounds like it could be a messy one if it lasts all day!

Good luck

• Right Wife, Kiddles and Sister in law are en route to my house. Catch you later guys.
  • Morning all

FGO done,  well when I say done, he was half asleep so I left him be and cleaned some tack and drank coffee in the sun,  brekkie done and just waiting for that to settle before going out for a nearly LSR and keeping half an eye on IM Germany,  2 weeks time and you lot can go through the mill as well  image

I also need to do some housework intervals!

Happy Birthday Flibbs  !!!   image

Good luck to Twiggy !
  • Sue, nice to see you back to some kind of form

Whatever it was I hope it has passed
  • Morning all, Well thats us back from a brilliant week in the applecross area of the west coast of Scotland ,weather was very kind and we did plenty of walking, and other outdoor stuff. I take it I am not expected to read back over a week of postings so will settle for the following

1) Happy birthday to all the missed birthdays (if any)

2) well run, cycled, swam, walked to all 

3) lots off cuddles to those in need.

And hello to all newbees .

Will try to down load some photo's later and write up my Blog which I have neglected also took a lot of video which I am trying to copy to disc so will look back in later 

• FootpatherFootpather ✭✭✭

Hello again,

Just back from doing the Jane Tomlinson 10k!  And I got a PB, not a massive PB but a PB all the same.  I did it in 1.14.05.  So that's 6 minutes faster than last year. It's not a scenic run by any means but it was very well organised this year. The first 2k is around the city centre.  I ran the first 15 minutes (which surprised me) and then did R3/W1 until the last 2k when it all got a bit muddled up.  Felt good at the finish though and wasn't spent.  It was started by Paula Radcliffe who then joined the run at 7 months pregnant. 

Just going for a shower now.

Happy Birthday Flibs and HL.

Happy eating Chuggy. 

• Morning all
    Thanks for the birthday wishes!

Well done on the PB FP!!

Uni work and then am going to cycle to my mums

(((WIN)))
  • SpenceSpence ✭✭✭

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageHURRAH  a WAISTer PB imageimageimageimageimageimageimagewell done FP ! image

Chuggs you life sounds like a dream, wish I were there image

Yums, I agree with all about the gnashers, you go girl image If I had spare dosh I'd have mine whitened

WB, Westie, glad to hear you had a great time image

Nice hair Jay, Mr Spence sports the same cut! image ie, he has no hair!!

daught is chomping at the bit, waiting for H to return from her run, lunch will be the first shop of the day me thinks!

• Happy Birthday Flibs.

Well done FP.

Beef is the oven for 4 hours having been swimming in red wine, veg and herbs for 24 hours. 

It was very happy.

It's a recipe donated by the chef of a lovely, local Italian restaurant.  It's the first time I've tiied it.  I'm doing traditional veg and Yorkshires with it, The Yorkshires are courtesy of the lovely Delia, who never lets me down.

Have a good un everyone.

• I went here to get my gnashers sorted.

the teeth and the clinic are the biz.

• Noggin - I'm on my way image lunch sounds delish

wooohoo FP  - a fab PB well done imageimageimage

• Well ran FP great to get a PB

have up loaded some photo's on flickr . It was my first walk on holiday Scott was along for the start then he  went running over some of the tops in the distance you see on some of the Photo's . I carried on round a circuit and we met up at the end of the day.Have included a couple of shots of some flowers up the hill anyone know what they are ?

Hill walk from Achnashellach

What lovely photos Westie.  I'm no good at identifying flowers but I am sure someone else will be able to.  Makes it good to be alive when you see sights like those especially when the weather keeps good for you too.
  • beautiful photos Westie

me too with the flowers - no idea. Larry's pretty knowledgeable with wildlife not sure about flowers though

• Great photos Westie

FP Well done with your PB.

Afternoon all, Missus and sister in law are out again with the kids.

I'm not feeling my best today, Hay Fever... I'm really suffering with it. I've taken an antihistamine but it's not really done anything.

Noggy that Beef sounds gorgeous.  Still haven't manage the shower yet and I have to pick FP Jnr up from camp before too long.
  • Bally well done FP - a PB is a PB and 6 mins is a huge chunk to take off - fandabidozee

Yumbly - do what makes you feel good.....life's too short etc etc

Yep - count me in for lunch too Nogs - when I hear the mouth watering recipes on here (Sue is another one who has them) it really makes me wish I could cook!!

Westie - welcome back, great photos..........though you've missed a very important newbie by not reading back image

• Westie,  I'm carp at plant idents but my two penn'orth is the 2 blue flowers on the first page are from the Bellflower family and the reddy pink possibly one of the Louseworts (especially if it was a wet area)

As I say, not my strong suit, in fact, I'm rubbish at wild plants - HL leaves me standing every time.

• Nog, going downhill fast wrote (see)

Beef is the oven for 4 hours having been swimming in red wine, veg and herbs for 24 hours. 

It was very happy.

Ooooh, can it ride a bike as well? image

90 mins run at (hopefully IM ) pace  R4/W1
  • Thanks for the help twards the flower ID still searching around on the web.

Can I come for dinner too please Noggs Mrs is out with Scott heading over twards Dundee way , Scott running mum on bus with dry clothes what a woman. (mind you it will give her 2 hours in the shops before he gets there.

Pods give me a clue please there are pages and pages image

Westie, I can'tl give you a clue.  You will have to be doggedly determined and hound Podds to see if there are any grey areas!

Well runned Meldy.  I didn't realise that your run/walks were low numbers.  I thought you would be on r20/w10s or something like that image.

• SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

Great PB, FP, well done! Sorry, I didn't remember that you were racing image.

Happy Birthday, HL and Flibbs imageimageimage

Well, we got out in good time and had a good cycle, stopping for lunch en route. 10 miles there, as we took the scenic route. Mainly off road and gently downhill. Came back via the cyclepath alongside the dual carriageway - 6 miles, not scenic and uphill all the way. I did have to get off and walk and then stop for a rest at the top, my calves were screaming as well as my lungs! MS now snoring in front of the TV.

Sluggie, you wouldn't have remembered as I didn't remind anyone.  Thanks anyway.

Sounds like a nice cycle ride until the return journey at least.  Just think what all that screaming will have done for your leg and lung power image.

• /members/images/88814/Gallery/Lounge_Cat.jpg

Greyhounds are not the only ones who lounge!!