working at it slowly

Comments

• SpenceSpence ✭✭✭

Back from quackers, she said there is slight wear & tear to the tibia, the big bone down the front of your leg (her words)............. I obviously looked blank image Fine to keep running.....

She then looked down at her notes and said something that had me reeling...........

She said " I have spoken to a man you know; XB I think his name is and this run/walk that he speaks of is the way to go"

No, what she actually said was.....

Build things back up slowly and take breaks imageimage

Hur-bloody-ruh imageimage

• SpenceSpence ✭✭✭

But she did actually say and this is the truth, honest.....

"That Meldy one is barking, don't be doing no swimming or bicycling" image

• DLDL ✭✭✭

Evenin all

Just popped in to thank everyone for the vibes as they worked and I have a new job. Hurrah! I will need to get a new pencil case and try to be human for a few months until they get to know me. But don't get all over-exited - have a 3 month notice period so need to see if I can negotiate that down at all. I'm going to work for another education charity - my role will be to quality assure and develop the curriculum for a number of what are called 'alternative curriculum provision' projects - i.e looking after the disaffected and disengaged. I get to work from home and it's a national thing too - so more travelling - very excited.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Larry and Emma~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ really hope you get the jobs if they turn out to be the one's you want

Chugg's your life sounds idyllic

hoorah and tra la lee

(sorry to be so self indulgent but it had to be done - only you and OH know so no telling my boss)

• SpenceSpence ✭✭✭

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageWOO AND A BLOODY HOOimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

well done DL, really pleased for you image

The DR also said as I was going out the door........

"You need to get that DL girl off her ar8e and entering the JW relay"image

I'm sorry DL but she did, honest!!imageimage

• Pippi LSPippi LS ✭✭✭

RE knees - do crawl, not breast-stroke, and cycling - get toe clips. (the advice Mr P got from the GP who is a triathlete herself or a triathlete team doctor ...at the CommonwealGames?)

I've Facebooked my older nephew to see if he has news of his brother ...

My class were a bit awful today  - they don't do change - so read the riot act, said if they want to do nice stuff at the end of term they have to act like they do, etc ... sent one to tell Y2 teacher not to do her a trip letter as she didn't behave well enough to be allowed to go. They did settle down. Even the new one who is a bit of a potential nightmare - told his mother, and she says, "I've been meaning to tell you, he's been awful for me at home, etc"-  ahem! not my problem!  (see posts above from Keeley and Podds, etc)

Came home and found Mr P peeling a sweet potato - asked what he was going to do - he was going to put it in to roast and have with our tea. "But aren't you working tonight?" I asked - he thought it was 4:15, not 5:15! so we had cold meat and salad!

• DLDL ✭✭✭
    That made me laugh Spence - if you get Farty pants to say a definite yes and we all agree to send our entry forms in by a ceratin date I'll enter your bliddy relay - just don't ask me to name the team as I don't think they'll allow swearing on the entry form!
  • Pippi LSPippi LS ✭✭✭
    image on your new job, DL and ~~~Larrie and Emma~~~ hope your luck rubs off on them!
  • Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭
    OOh, well done DL! How bloody good news. That means moving up north with OH then I assume?? Yippee! When do the NOrthern Waister Contingent get to visit?? image And 3 months notice??? Good grief! You must be Proper Important like...

Spence! Good ish news about the knee - sounds like RW really is the way to go....
  • SpenceSpence ✭✭✭

and she said you wouldn't belive me !! image

"Team WAISTers" a gogo imageimage

shhh don't worry DL Mrs Farty pants will make up our time image

Off to big school; gulp!!

• DL congrats with the new job.

Evening all. Well twin 1 that was coughy last night is now sicky. Threw up at his Nans, and just started throwing up just before bed. OH took him upstairs and read to him while I gave twin 2 his bottle.

Here is to hopefully an OK night.

• Pippi LSPippi LS ✭✭✭

Big school? pah!

My Pippette has emailed from the states to say she has a 2:1 (officially now!) imageimageimageimage

(and the breakfasts are too sugary - muffins and waffles ...)

• Blimey what a day in WAISTerland

imageimageimageimageimageimage

Fabulous news and vibes as applicable

Spence, I think your Dr must be bi-polar

and I appear to have entered next years IM .... just dont tell the vets where I live when they send in the bailiffs
  • SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

image Well done, DL image. Mind you, I had to larf at this

DL wrote (see)

i.e looking after the disaffected and disengaged.

You've had plenty of practice in the WAISTer lounge image.

~~~~Emma and Larry~~~~

Spence, glad to hear that nothing 'serious' is going on with the knee.

Chuggy, sounds like lots of coming and going in La Belle France. Too hot for me though, think I'll have to visit in the spring image.

Well, I had an appointment at the hozzie today, to see whether the injections had been effective (which they have, thus far ). Doc said -

• once sesamoids go bad, they tend to stay bad and there's not really any effective treatment
    • orthotics are often very helpful but it's probably not worth trying any more
    • contrary to what the, junior, doctor said earlier this year, it's not possible to carry on with repeated injections
    • surgery doesn't work terribly well so I should try absolutely everything else and only consider it if all else has failed
    • carry on wearing the MBT's, they might help
    • lose weight (I sorta knew that!)
    • swim and cycle but avoid weightbearing exercise as much as possible and don't even consider a return to running

Nothing surprising really, but it does put paid to any hopes of orienteering or hiking, at least in the foreseeable future. Will have to see whether the MBTs help keep the problem at bay as the latest injections wear off.

• Oh dear Slugs.  I had the same news about 2 years ago.  from the tone of your post you knew the outcome before the Doc told you.

Still, biking's a good thing to do and you have some lovely countryside to do it in.

Hopefully you'll find it a lot less stressy on the joints too.

AND, you can  still be a Waister.

((((((((((Slugs))))))))))))))

• XBXB ✭✭✭

Crikey Slugs That's a list of woes. Have some ((()))

And while I'm in the chair - imageimageimageimageimage to DL.

I wonder what Spence's doc actually said. I think Spence was paying too much attention to the voices in her head.

• Sluggy, as my eminent cycling colleague has pointed out, far more time for cycling cannot be a bad thing and the more you keep off the tootsies I would assume the better they are likely to be?   If it comes to it at least MS can tow you along in a rickshaw

XB,  no news on the Swiss bird then?    image
  • XBXB ✭✭✭

2/3rds of a triathlon is still a possibility.

We all had a great weekend in Robin Hoods Bay. Lots of sun sand and fish n chips. And I behaved as well as you'd expect me to behave when entertaining a guest who is 1/3rd my age.

• That's fantastic news DL imageimage I am sooooooooooo pleased for you image image image

And if you are going to:-

develop the curriculum for a number of what are called 'alternative curriculum provision' projects - i.e looking after the disaffected and disengaged. I get to work from home and it's a national thing too - so more travelling -

.........then you can come and visit me - we have loads of disaffected and disengaged and send as many as we can on the local alternative curriculum for KS4 image

• SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    XB wrote (see)

And I behaved as well as you'd expect me to behave when entertaining a guest who is 1/3rd my age.

Oh dear - when s your case heard, XB? image
  • SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    shhh I can't hear the voices in my head........
  • Well done DL , and lots of vibes for Larry / Emma.

Slugsta as Noggy said biking is a less stressy on the joints and if being a Waister ment you have to run I would have been kicked out long ago.image

XB I do believe Spence's Dr does know about you and has written in the Lancet about your great advice to athletes the world over.

I have the dreaded tooth doctor first thing in the morning (took an early session to avoid waiting all day)

Chuggy what a brilliant get together you have had next time let us all know and we will join you image

• XB, are you on some sort of register yet?

And, as one of the minority blokey tendency of waister, I say that with more than a tinge of envy.

Although, in reality (whatever that may be), I'm certain you acted as a perfect gentleman, as ever.

• Podds, I have no idea ..... I just hit the 'submit' button   image
  • For the rest of this year I now have

1 x IM
    1 x JW
    4 x Maratho
    1 x Beacons Ultra

Will someone send me back to proper work soon !!!
  • SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Where's it going to be in 2011, Meldy? BTW, are you allowed to tell us what this special project is?
  • You clearly have way too much time on your hands image

For the rest of the year I now have......

..............errrr that'll be nothing then! image

Nada, rien, niente, nothing at all image

• Let me have your bank card and i'll sort out the rest of the year for you!

Sluggy, its nothing too exciting, we are looking at the roles and responsibilities of our job description and seeing what we can do better by comparing with other forces,  of course as everyone now knows there are a lot of cuts in the offing, luckily saving a few million is not in our remit!

Off to Maidstone tomorrow   image
  • SpenceSpence ✭✭✭

imageimageimageimagewoo hoo Pippette imageimageimageimageimage

Big school meeting went well, head of year 7 reminds me of Griff Rhys Jones image She's in a class with best friend & 4 other very close friends, so she's happy and excited image

XB, she said exactly want I reported she said...........well; apart from the bit about you.......and Meldy.......and DL obviously image

• Just up the road then - if you can find me you can have my bank card............................