XBXB ✭✭✭
  • Options
    SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    put the kettle on, there's a love.
  • Options
    Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭
    Verbose as usual XB...

Cat got your tongue??

Spence - don't think that's cheeky at all, and well done for not automatically volunteering! image It's amazing what other solutions are found when someone stops doing something sometimes image
  • Options

EVening

I have swimbled and then kinda ended up having to invite RFBRSF back for tea as her universe is ending.........long story and I'm cr*p with sympathy but couldn't in all honesty dump her in an empty house image

Swimbling was good though apart from drill doing back stroke with pull buoy that I am so extraordinarily bad at that the coach nearly wet himself laughing at me which made me giggle more then sink image

Off to bed now although it's still rather on the warm side here

Although I won't watch the fruitbowl tomorrow - I do want The Netherlands to win but................Paul has predicted otherwise and he's not been wrong yet!

Nitol

• Options

Oh dear, stomach has started feeling a little funny with waves of Nausea  hopefully it's just the heat and I've not caught what the wife and kids have been suffering with.

Off to bed, night all.

• Options
    YumsYums ✭✭✭

Boo to Paul - bleurks don't know everything !

Who is RFBRSF ?  meeting DG is sure to have warmed her heart image

<makes mental note to have crisis when Noo is back with tea and someon other than podds can provide the sympathy>

Oh Spence  - puppies image and well done daught image

Good to have you back heatherd image Find it hard to believe its raining with you - sweltering here still. Place near here called Fingrinhole - say it quickly.....image

personally I' m off on my hols to Beaverlick in the USAimage

Never fear, sluggsy. I'll contact MS union and make sure he gets to watch poofball - no need to thank me image

• Options

Oh Melds, is it really That Time Again?? Already?? Well, someone had better post the link and hopefully even from the remote wilds of St Avit de Vialard I can follow you! What are you doing with the GPO whilst you're away cavorting??

If there's any justice in the world 'Nogs' clogs' ought to give the Oranje boys victory for sure image)))))

Sluggie, I agree, what's a mere 400 years between enemies? After all, WE haven't forgotten Agincourt and that was 1415 or something! image) What a shame MS has to wurk on a Sunday, though. Any more progress at all with that taxi insurance? It seems to be taking a long time!

(((((((((((((((((((Jay and family)))))))))))))))

Hope you're ALL feeling better by the morning!!

Yums, nice day at the beach and NO sunburn? Sounds perfect image)

HH, welcome home! I bet the coolness feels good!!! Still quite hot here. And like you, I'd love our boys to win but getting to the final is a big achievement, and as long as we play well tomorrow and it's a good match, I'll be happy.

Spence, I bet you were proud of your girl!! I bet she did splendidly. And hopefully she will be delighted to see the new puppy tomorrow----you WILL post photos, right????

Podds, be careful! The mask is slipping and I'm beginning to suspect that underneath your iron exterior there is a very kind person lurking image) It prolly helped your friend more than you realise to be able to talk with you today.

Watched German-Uruguay, some really lovely football, the best I've seen in this tournament and probably better than what we'll see tomorrow. Anyway, I'm going to be well and truly footballed out (my tolerance being fairly low at the best of times) so I shall be a happy bunny by this time tomorrow night, even if NL doesn't win! But do shake an orange pompom for us, OK? image)

sleep well, all xxxxx

• Options
    TubsterrTubsterr ✭✭✭

Sorry not been in for a while ((((( for anyone who would like one ))))

Outcome of trying to get thyroid sorted is I'm now on anti depressants! image Bummer

Holland to win the World cup tomorrow image especially as i am now the proud owner of an orange Thiantra rabbit!

(((((waisters))))

• Options
    XBXB ✭✭✭

Morning

(((Tubbs))) Bummer indeed. But hopefully you'll be sorted quickly.

I'm trying my hand at marshalling this morning at Blackburn's Jane Tomlinson 10k . Hopefully I'll be home in time for the GP.

• Options
    SpenceSpence ✭✭✭

Morningimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Puppy day and I'm the only one up, what's wrong with them !!!!!?? image

To be fair they did have a late night.........

but even so.........imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

and I get to see a lovely friend; happy day imageimage

ahh ((((((Tubs))))) hope things settle quickly for you

Happy marshalling XB

((((((WIN)))))

Go Go Holland imageimageimageimageimageimage

• Options
    Morning all

Have had me peanut butter on toast and am orf to cleethorpes for r4l an fish an chips!!!
  • Options
    XBXB ✭✭✭
    Pompoms a go go for you, Flibby.imageimageimage
  • Options
    YumsYums ✭✭✭

imageGO GO GO Flibs image

<nicks chip>

Can I be deputy dawg if you're the marshall, XB ? Would have thought first aid and losening ladies tight clothing was more your thing image

GO GO GO clogg people image

<cartwheels>

enjoy the puppies, Spence image

(((FP)))) hope its only temporary and things settle-  I usually find peering through the WAISTer lounge window helps make me smile, even if I'm don't feel like posting image

Better scrub up. Larry duie wound in 45 mins - we off for a ride out with the Southend Wheelers. Feel bit silly as we're driving to meeting place  - mainly to ensure we get there on time but also so we can enjoy  the ride out without being crackered before the start and so we can suss out mileage as although they have ability groups, I dont know how far they actually cycle. Most likely cycle next time I reckon

WAIST well

• Options

Yay - go Flibbertyimageimageimage and enjoy Fish'n' chips after - sounds like lovely way to celebrate!

Yums and larry - happy cyclingimage  Driving to set-off point seems perfectly logical to me - shows what a lazy wuss I amimage

Spence enjoy puppies and friendimage  BTw  I think your idea re; night out is great - not cheeky at all!

XB - happy marshallingimage Hope it's nice where you are and you get home in time for telly sport-fest - OH going to be v happy man today with such a sporty smorgasbord.

((Tubs))

Chuggy - what a lovely name for a place - whereabouts in France are you?

Rain gone here  - hoorah - so looking forward to getting out for plod later.  Btw - have been checking out Jeff Galloway site and am keen to find out more. think I need to really give this walk / run thing proper go, because i keep getting back / knee niggles and am worried i might end up getting properly injured and off th running altogether which'd be awful.. 

XB - would you recommend  getting one of his books?  I never know how many minutes to run then walk. Should i just experiment and see what feels best?

Have lovely day allxx

• Options
    Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭
    Morning

Go Flibs! Eat the fish and chios *after* the race though!

And Yums! Have a lovely day with Larry imageimage

(((((((tubs))))))))))) bleurgh indeed. Have they sorted your thyroid then or what?

Spence! Have a cup of tea and calm down a little bit! You're like an excited puppy yourself! image

Good marshalling XB...

Heather - I reckon just seeing what feels right is good, but see what XB says later> I think he generally advises r4 w1, but whatever feels right - and you can always change it on the run!

More PhDing today... Hopefully a few nice things too!
  • Options

POM POM's for Flibs

XB enjoy your marshalling

Chuggs pom poms are reving for the dutch as well, I'm supporting them tonight.

Feel kind of OK this morning, took me ages to fall asleep last night, kids and OH seem much better. I've got a headache and my hayfever is playing up.

I'm deferring my place in this years GNR image No lecture please guys, but the 10 weeks left till the race is cutting it a little fine for myself, plus my wife wont be able to come with me this year, I'd really like her and the kids to be at the finish line

• Options

I'm way behind schedule this morning and feel a bit ragged.  Planned 4 hour ride is now a 2 1/2 to 3 hour pedal into the Cotswolds.

Later

• Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

Morning,

GO GO GO, Flibs, RARARA

(((Tubbs)))

Welcome home, heat.

Happy cycling, Yumms and Larry.

(((FP)))

Noggy, be a dear and pop in on SB for me, will you? I'm sad that we can't go and see him this weekend image.

Meldy, Roth has come round very quickly! Will have the pompoms and vibes set to max next Sunday. Methinks a certain Hoob is doing London to Sarfend on the bike that day too?

Chuggy, the taxi insurance has finally authorised the repair and it should all be finished by Friday - pity that the hire car has to go back before that!

My back is tolerable today so we're planning to cycle to a nice pub for lunch image.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

• Options

Daffy - hope Phding goes well and you can take some time out for some other nice, relaxing stuffimage I do try to listen to my body but findit hard to know when i should 'push through' tiredness / discomfort etc and when i should lay off a bit - I think half of it is impatience really.  And I worry that I'm not progrssing fast enough - ( that would be the impatient thing again i guess)  Loving your blog btw - especially impressed by the skirts you've made - sooo prettyimage Am almost tempted myself to have ago...

Sluggy - sounds like lovely way to spend the dayimage

Jay Hope u feel better soonimage

• Options

Right off to bake some cakes methinksimage

• Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Buggrit! Had just finished my last post when I was overtaken by an almighty sneeze - back now truly fecked image!
  • Options
    Ah no Sluggy - no bike ride now?image
  • Options
    XBXB ✭✭✭
  • Options

Afternoon All

(((((((((((sluggy)))))))))))))

Chaos here - potential number 2 dog (6 month completely untrained lab) is staying for the day and DG has discovered both his bark and his growl image

I was concerned DG would get bullied by him but actually he's getting quite cross with him so now I worry that the DG will lose his lovely nature with other dogs.... image

This pup will settle eventually but I don't know if the DG can put up with him or not - difficult decision image

On the plus side did go out and run today - just 5 1/2 miles but as it was already 26C when the club set out at 8am I'll settle for that

It seems that post Bala I've lost little swim or cycle fitness but all my run fitness image

• Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

2 out of 3 is not bad, Podds! How long is the labby with you?

No, heat, certainly no bike ride, don't even want to go anywhere by car cos sitting is painful. Have OD'd on NSAIDs and am keeping fingers crossed that it will ease off quickly.

• Options

(((((((((((((((Sluggy))))))))))))))

Once your back is in a fragile state, it doesn't take much to put it right out of action image( Hope it feels better in the course of the day. Even though it's uncomfortable, trying to move now and then will help keep it from becoming completely immobile. Oh, and and glad to hear that the return of MS' taxi in working order is at least in sight! Tho the insurance folk didn't hurry, did they?!??

XB, have you done marshalling for the day? And did you rescue any maidens in distress? (or cause any maidens any distress?? image)

Nogs, 3 hours of Cotswold hills still sounds like a brilliant effort to me, especially if it's still hot there. And if you're feeling a bit ragged, as you say, keep it at a level where it feels good rather than flogging yourself, hey?

Tubs! good to see you back. We've been wondering how the thyroid thingy was getting on. Anti-D's aren't what you want to live on, but if they help keep you steady while the sort out the thyroid, they're a good thing overall.

(((((((((((((((((((((Tubs)))))))))))))

Spence, Happy Puppyday to you image)))))))))))))))))))) Hope she's as gawjuss as we all know she is, we want FULL particulars preferably with photos!!

Jay, glad that the lurgy doesn't seem to have attacked you as badly as the rest of the family, but you do sound under the weather so don't push yourself. And from that point of view, although as a non-racer on principle I have no real standing here, I think you're very wise to defer if you can't do the half the way you want to, ie with the preparation you want to make and with the family there that you want to see at the finishing line. There's always next year (and plenty of other races in between if you want them!).

HH, Jeff Galloway's books are good; I have several. He is most proud that his runners virtually never get injured. Specific r/w ratios are suggested here if you didn't find them before. His system is very humane and encourages slow, steady, sustainable progress, so good for the impatient! There are also a series of podcasts on The Extra Mile where people are using the Galloway method to prepare for marathons; XB has the link. By the way, I'm in southwest France now, between Bergerac and Perigueux, in a teensy hamlet that isn't even a commune. Very rural, but such a nice place!

Daffs, hope the PhD goes well. Do you have an end date when you plan to have it done Forever??

Hope Flibs'R4L has gone well, and that it wasn't roasting hot for her!! COME ON FLIBS!!!!!

Church this morning---about 75 people, filled the tiny church. Very friendly. Now we're flaking inside or at least in the shade, keeping out of the heat (30 in the shade already, nearly 40 in the sun) and saving our energy for tonight! All orange supporters are warmly welcomed into the family image))))) But as the Times said, whoever wins it's really an orange victory, cos guess who trained the Spanish team?? Johan Cruiff!!! (famous Dutch player and later coach, originator of 'total football') Anyway, will be a fun evening.

Now off to do some soothing Latin verbs. You don't have to like them, understand them, or agree with them: just learn the rules, and do it! Very relaxing. xx

• Options

Labby is here for some hours today - his foster mum is my dog walking pal from the beach and she's on call today and has just had to go down to the police station for a couple of hours - she may well pick him up after that but no later than 5pm as Mr P and I are go bowling tonight with the running club and DG will really need some undisturbed sleep by then!!

Beyond that we'll see - I'll maybe see if she's down on the beach at all this week and get them to meet up again and see how that goes with DG off his lead.........

I'd love this dog to work out as he needs a good home but DG must come 1st - however it's very difficult to judge what he's thinking.........typical greyhound!