working at it slowly

Comments

• MrMarkCMrMarkC ✭✭✭

No danger of that. image

MC

• MrMarkCMrMarkC ✭✭✭
    I let my son do all of that these days - I'm sitting here watching him in a gala on a webcam. Much safer!
  • eMCeey, welcome to the zoo. And Daffs was just trying to protect you: y'see, the thing is, Meldy has a sort of, um, mission, vocation, to turn mere runners (including beginning runners) into triathletes. Since you're already a cyclist, and are well into running, don't be surprised if she starts whispering sweet nothings on the theme of pools, open water swims etc. If you're wise you will plug your ears and let her siren calls go unheeded, but I'm afraid a lot of the WAISters have already fallen prey to her lures image))) (She is, by the way, an Ironman several times over (and about to be so again) so she has a perfect right to order the rest of us about image)

And speaking of Melds.....what absolutely filthy luck, especially you did just have it MOT'd. AND with Roth so near! Hooray for the Pirates, but..... I guess you'll just have to be strong and put it right out of your mind for the next week and then see what's what. Real bummer!!!!

FLIBS!!!! That is a GREAT result! Hooray for you!! You should be feeling really good about that one image))))))

CP, what a wonderful evening for your father. Sounds like everyone had a completely fab time!

Nogs, well cycled! It's very noticeable how you keep saying of various things 'I haven't been able to do that since 1986' so your training really must be hugely successful. Well done you! image))))))))))))))))

Westie, giant gold star for you---a whole stone is a lot to lose in a relatively short time. I bet you feel the better for it, though! Hats off to you!

Oh Podds, what a hard choice. You're right not to keep the little chap waiting, but to what extent do you think dogs can learn to adjust to/like each other? I mean, is an initial dislike set in stone? If the little one got a bit older, and they knew each other a bit better, might they adjust? Or is your experience of greyhounds that they make their minds up and that's it?

Jay, awfully glad you're feeling a bit better! That long sleep this afternoon might have helped you fight off whatever it is.

Almost time for the evening fun to begin. Apparently a message has gone out in all the public media in NL saying 'Amsterdam is FULL. Please do not try to come into the city. You can't get in. It's FULL!!!' But another friend in Leiden just messaged me saying 'You would not believe the attire and decor some have come up with---what a hoot! And the vuvuzuela has found its way to Holland. This may be one night it will be hard to sleep. Lets hope so!!!' Amen to that!

• I hope you have a fab party wherever you are Chuggs and  I do hope you are suitably dressed in orange !
  • MrMarkCMrMarkC ✭✭✭

Gentle Chugger, I did wonder. When the B word image was raised I wondered if it was one of those "love/hate" relationships on shared paths but when the S word came up... the T word was close behind it in my head.image

I have my fingers firmly in my ears and am humming "nah nah nah, not listening!"image

To fill out the "little bit about me" a little bit more... many moons ago I used my B**e to work... and in my late teens I went around Europe on one of them. And at that time I was also a dedicated S****e. I actually got very unfit when work moved office and I got a company car!!!!!!!

My wife thinks I'm barking to even put running shoes on - let alone go and use them. My b**e gets used once or twice per year and as for s******g.... well I'm not sure I even have trunks these days! image

My lad does waterpolo and regular water-based stuff starting with an S. Last time I went in the pool with him I did a few dozen lengths and stopped for a breather. He stopped to ask if I was OK or was having a problem with my WARM UP! (cheek!!!) So the risk of me getting into the pool and being upstaged by a teenager is slim (something I'm not image ).

• 12 lengths is good,  something to build on   image
  • Pippi LSPippi LS ✭✭✭

Evenin' all. I have read back a bit.

(((backs)))

image Meldy's car but image for Pirates!

Sorry if I'm shouting but I have olive oil and cotton wool in one ear (not Olive Oyl, she's with Popeye) in the hope I can clear this whistling ...

Had a great 70s party last night. Mr P and I went as Bay City Rollers and so did one of his brothers! My nephew, who we knew had a wheeze for a costume turned up as a Womble, and was dripping by the end of the night. Mind you, he did dance a lot. Once you have seen Orinoco playing air guitar, you can die happy ...image

There will be photos and videos on FB, but not of me (until someone puts them up ...)

• Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭
    Sounds great Pippi!

eMCeey, 12 lengths is all you need to be able to do for a sprint tr!... image (sorry, I really will stop, don't want to be tarred with the same brush as Meldy!)

Back in the attic, staring at the computer screen... <yawn>
  • Go get 'em Daffs  image

Pippi, we NEED pictures !!
  • SpenceSpence ✭✭✭

Hello

I'm trying to add some photo's but it's telling me they are too big and I don't know how to sort it, will put them on FB later.

Fab day

Back later

well done Flibberty image

((((((Sluggie's back)))))

• Groan, Looking forward to a shower all day, finally get to getting one half way through it starts to play up, water starts coming out the main part of the electric shower. So I stop it quickly take the front off it and turn it on again, working fine, plug the shower hose and head back in starts playing up again.

So take the head off water comes out the hose part fine... I think the head it blocked and needs replacing.. 

I hope so its one of the few comforts we have at the moment.

• Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭
    Can you pull it apart and give it a good scrub out Jay? Get an old toothbrush on it under the tap? Bang it on the side of the bath a few times? Soak in some hot water and bicarbonate of soda?
  • Kettle descaler will sort it Jay you dont need to buy a new one
  • SpenceSpence ✭✭✭

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs166.snc4/37645_445225141094_711241094_6000579_3317764_s.jpg

proud mommy

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs040.ash2/35341_445225321094_711241094_6000580_7374951_s.jpg

Dottie on top!!
  • Pippi LSPippi LS ✭✭✭

Bicarb soda - the cure all for every one of society's ills (including blocked shower heads ... although I'm not sure what to do with it - soak the head in a solution? google)

I don't take pictures of me ...

• Pippi LSPippi LS ✭✭✭
    Great minds, eh, Daffs?
  • SpenceSpence ✭✭✭

what a fab day, got to Twiggy's house at 9:30 lovely, lovely owner, met her 3 labs and of course Twiggy who was feeding the pups at the time image

sat and chatted for ages, Twiggy then came into the garden to play, so I nipped back inside to take a photo of the pups image

Twiggy is just adorable, a working dawgie so very obedient and well trained image and very spoilt, but in a nice way image

we then went onto Pant, went for a beautiful 2 hour walk in wonderful countryside and back to hers for lunch in the garden, she showed the kids photo's of me in the brook at their old house when we had finished college, she was a mature student at the time; yeah right she was !! image she is 66 this year, her and hubbie have been together for 50 yearsimage she has survived bowel cancer and is one of those people that light up a room image

Great dayimage

• sounds a wonderful day Spence, so we are a little bit decided on Dottie then I take it?!
  • SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

Awww, Dottie's gawjus!

Am waving me pompoms on The Netherlands behalf - but nothing on earth would persuade me to actually watch the match!

• GPO has his best orange coat on ... that'll have to do!
  • Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭
    That'll do nicely Meldy! image

And Dottie is indeed gorgeous image You sound very excited Spence, sounds like a lovely day!

Bicarb is indeed the cure for all ills. In fact, I was listening to a Women's Hour discussion the other day on long acting male contraceptives (!) and whether they were any closer to inventing them - and they talked about a potential injection into, er, somewhere (not entirely sure where or why...) that would make a man temporarily infertile - and it was reversed with bicarbonate of soda! You see - useful for everything! image
  • Cheers for the suggestions guys, I've got it soaking in some white vinegar over night. So I'll try it in the morning before work.

Well the football is a little flat at the moment seems the dutch are looking to kick their way through the match, but I suppose they dont really want to be giving the spanish too much time on the ball.

• SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    M...eldy wrote (see)
    sounds a wonderful day Spence, so we are a little bit decided on Dottie then I take it?!
    just a little bit image
  • 7 and a bit weeks to go then!
  • What a bee-yew-tee-ful dawgie, Spence! No wonder you're smitten.

Match has gone into extra time. It's a boring match, loads of yellow cards, mistakes by both sides. Not nearly as good as the Uruguay-Germany match last night. But at least Spain haven't hammered us. Who wins now is prolly a matter of chance as much as anything: everyone is tired, and it's a question of who gets a goal. NOT the nicest football I've ever seen. Oh well. Mr C says that finals are often like that: there is just SO much pressure on everyone that nobody plays at their best.

• evening all image

aawww Dottie is cute.

Have been out for a walk today along the Thames, was very nice.Must have been over 3 miles children were great, no moaning. Stopped at pub in Eton for refreshments.

2 more weeks left at school for the children, I have just booked a last minute Haven holiday in Hastings for the first week. Didn't get any holiday last year, not even camping. This year I wanted to treat the children.It is semi secret. I am making lists image