I hope the outcome is good for you Chuggs

I may go to bed in a while and hope that tomorrow is a better day

• Options
    Keeley, enjoy Hastings,  its my home town  image
  • Options

Evening All

Nice evening bowling even if I am really really bad at it image

Mr P and I have decided not to take on the pup at the moment image

It's not so much a question of dominance / pack etc that worries us as yes the pup does need to be put in his place but we looked 2 weeks down the line and asked ourselves if we would be happy leaving them together unattended and the answer was "no"

Greyhounds are not dog dogs in many ways but when they live with another dog they are best with something relatively calm and bomb proof as they are much more sensitive than any other breed I've ever had dealings with and this pup is a long way off "calm and bomb proof"

It's a real shame as he is a super dog but we think we are doing the best thing for him as a friend's friend has offered to take him if we didn't work out and she already has a lab at home and has a dog walking business so should have both the time and the knowledge to bring him on and make him the wonderful adult dog he should be

So mixed feelings really image but we said right from the start the DG has to be comfortable and we felt that although he was asserting himself he wasn't enjoying it if that makes any sense at all!  Difficult to put into words but if you've had dogs and seen these interactions you'll know what I mean...

• Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

keeley, we did a Haven when SB was about 4yo, we took our nephew along too and they had a great time.

I made the mistake of looking up reviews of Centre Parcs at Elvedon, it sounds really grotty image. SB, bless him, says it doesn't matter as long as we are all together (will be the first holiday we've had with him for 9 years)!

• Options
    Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭
    oh bless him Slugs!

Sounds fab Keeley image

Podds, sad about the new dog image but the right decision, I'm sure. Will there be options for trying again when he's an adult?? Or will your friend be keeping him forever now? I'm sure the right second dog will turn up for you at some point, maybe DG needs to feel a tad more settled in first. I'm sure you know much more about these things than me!

Mr Daffs just watched most of the game - on 16x fast forward image Best way to do it in my opinion image

I've been lopping aphid-ridden branches off my orange blossom... grrr! No idea if that's the best thing to do, but they're pretty isolated on certain branches, and not anywhere else in the garden, so thought it was easiest to just chop those off! (and there were literally hundreds on those branches). Any clues Noggs?? Lots of ants wandering about doing the mad harvest thing too...
  • Options
    SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
  • Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    'Night, Mouldy.
  • Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭
    What's up XB, nobody tucking you in??
  • Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    XB, either you're crying cos tomorrow's Monday, or Spain won the footie.
  • Options
    Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭
    Dratted computer running out of battery, and Mr Daffs recording in kitchen so I can't plug it in! Oh well!

I'll say goodnight too - might even squeeze in a bit of yoga in the attic before bed... image

behave!
  • Options
    TubsterrTubsterr ✭✭✭

Hope your back has eased a bit sluggy

Well done Flib image

(((meldy's cam belt)))))

((((Netherlands))))) boo hiss can't believe Spain won

Declared war on the garden.  One and a half conifers chopped down, loads of ivy ripped off wall, stalkiy green stuff chopped image Still loads to sort though!

((((waisters)))))

• Options

Awww, Podds, that must have been a tough decision but as you said, your loyalty has to be to DG. And the right companion for him will come along!

Match is over, thank dog. Very uninteresting football on both sides, LOADS of yellow cards (all deserved---and some more than were deserved, weren't given). When it's such poor play I frankly don't care who wins, and am just glad it's over. Spain won, NL lost, but neither team has any reason to be proud of their performance tonight.

Anyway, we should be in a football-free zone for at least a little while now image))))))

Daffs, I might just join you in the attic for a soothing spot of yoga! xxxx

• Options

Thanks, Tubs image)) Didn't see you there, And I am VERY impressed by your attack on the garden---it's a bit like house-cleaning, isn't it? No sooner do you clean one thing than you realise that the things on either side of it are filthy and also need cleaning and it goes on like that. (My solution to the problem is simple: if you don't clean anything, nothing looks any dirtier than anything else, so you can live happily with everything as it is image)

How are the horses doing in this heat? The FGO of Meldy's seems to be coping pretty well (or at least the horseflies are only biting Meldy!) but it's got to be hard on them.

• Options
    YumsYums ✭✭✭

awww   (((nederlands and chuggies))))  No2 wanted Spain but don't worry I kicked him into next door's pond image

(((old banger  and the poorly car))) Bummmmerrrrrrrrrrrrrr image

well done Flibbs image

((noggin's head ))))

awwww, podds. that's a toughie image A real shame but you're expert enough to know wheher it might have worked or not. I think you're right about temperament - Tips cant cope with dogs that aren't calm and generally ignoring her. (((podds and DG and loveable rogue labby))))

(((sluggy))) that's poo - at least have the decency to make up a proper story  - tell everyone you were bungee jumping. not that you sneezed image

And you're right. A certain little purple hoob with a green twizzletuft will be cycling Lunnon to @rseend whilst M...eldy is having a weally gweat time in woth. Reckon I'll clock 70 miles for the whole day

Lovely morning with cycle club and lazza - nice ride and tea and cake after - thought I'd stumbled upon Daffy's WI image Spent arvo at beach drinking more tea and swimbling in briney.

Off to big smoke tomorrow for wurk - pa on kiddy duty - makes me as nervous as leaving them to it for an hour before I come home.

WAIST well

x

• Options
    YumsYums ✭✭✭
    Gentle Chugger wrote (see)

How are the horses doing in this heat? The FGO of Meldy's seems to be coping pretty well (or at least the horseflies are only biting Meldy!) but it's got to be hard on them.

hard on the horse flies biting M...eldy -? You bet it is image
  • Options
    TubsterrTubsterr ✭✭✭

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28485147@N04/4783902029/

No flies on Megs either! 

They're both fine thanks Chuggy, not much grass so they've been having haylage to top them up, but rain this weekend has greened the field up already image

• Options
    TubsterrTubsterr ✭✭✭

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28485147@N04/?saved=1

Wabbits image Peppa has now lost her black patches and is now nearly pure silver all over

• Options
    XBXB ✭✭✭

Morning. 

Nice pics, Tubbs.

(((Podds))) That's a bliddy shame.

Nice puppies, Spence.

Shame about the footie. Shame about it being Monday. And I've signed up for an extra shift so I'll have to work on Friday. 4 day week; that's almost slavery.

Has FartyFast disappeared?

• Options
    DLDL ✭✭✭

<whooooooosh>

morning.

Has the football finished?

<waves supportively, cheerily, and encouragingly>

Busy day, running a fake stock market for some schools in Taunton today. Must go as it takes a few hours to ruin the economy.

Happy Monday

• Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

Morning,

4 day week, XB?? Slavery indeed! I did 32 hours last week and was pooped afterwards image.

Lovely piccies, Tubbs, Megs looks very smart (and the wabbits are very cute).

~~~Emma~~~

Had a bad night as I was awake due to pain. Have phoned in sick and will speak to Doc for some stronger painkillers. Fingers firmly crossed that this doesn't end up like last year - although it feels as if it's heading that way image.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

• Options
    Morning all

The FGO is not too bad in this weather, he goes out at night and then comes in for the day to do more eating interspersed with a bit of snoozing

Surprisingly I was awake early this morning so I am at work already, luckily it is a 5 minute stroll from home,  if I were at proper work it would mean a hire car.  Thank heavens for small mercies
  • Options
    Ooh Tubs!   You have a GPO wabbit  image

The real GPO wants to know if Hazel wants to come and 'play'   !!
  • Options

Oh Sluggie, I do hope it doesn't go the way it did last year!! Do speak to the doctor as soon as you can. Is there any point in seeing a chiropractor or an osteopath? They've put me right a number of times. So sorry about this, because backs hurt like billy-ho.

(((((((((((((((((((Sluggie)))))))))))))))))

Awww, XB, FOUR days a week? Been a while since you had to do that! Just hope the extra day is interesting, enjoyable or remunerative (preferably all three image)

Melds, that is an early start! And as you said, thank goodness you didn't have to drive to get there.....

Tubs, can't download the photos here on the satellite but will look at them in the restaurant this evening. Sounds like Meg and Fling are having a nice summer, anyway.

Cooler this morning: at 9.30 it's only about 24 C. Must have gone down to, oh, maybe 22 in the coolest hours of the night. I will NOT be sorry when this heat breaks. It's too hot to do anything. I know I would feel better for a run, or even a walk, but the heat is so pervasive it's really unpleasant. (See? Back in Feb when I was complainaing about the cold I TOLD you that I'd bitch as soon as we got hot weather! At least i know my own faults image)

Football morning after seems to have been quite sensible. Good comments from the Dutch coach and team---disappointed, but Spain played better despite a couple of serious mistakes by the referee. The lads in orange will return to a heroes' welcome, as they should. And now that's over for a few months at least, thank dog!

Might go to Bergerac today with C3 to get a climbing frame for the cats image)))

• Options
    Chuggy ... I think it is quite hot in Roth still, wonder if we will get a break at the weekend?

A climbing frame for the cats??   GPO has one, its called anywhere in the house !
  • Options
    MrMarkCMrMarkC ✭✭✭
    Morning all.
    M...eldy wrote (see)
    12 lengths is good,  something to build on   image

Mmm... time was I used to cycle 7 miles to the pool, swim 3 and then cycle back... but that was over a quarter of a century ago! I get bored going up and down the pool. At least when I'm out running I can choose different routes.

Very pleased with this morning's run. 36 minutes non-stop. I'm not sure of the length until I plot it on the mapping thingy but it was longer than the last one (which was just under 5k) so I hope it is 5k or just over. I've just about cooled down again.

Talk to you all later, I'm sure. TTFN.

• Options

Bliddy good going there, eMC! And you really DO need to be warned:  trailing a succulent history like that right in front of Meldy, you're gonna be dead meat and on your way to an Ironman before you know it! image))) Nice to see you back in here, as you've probably gathered someone or other is around most of the time and we talk about anything, so pull up a chair and make yourself at home!

Melds, not entirely sure where Roth is, but the general prediction for next weekend is the high 20's/low 30's over most of the continent. Not maybe ideal for IM, especially as it's been hot for quite a while so the earth and the buildings and so on all hold heat. Pace yourself!!

The cats are greatly enjoying the house, Melds. So many nice cupboards to jump onto, and wide windowsills to sit on! But at home they are allowed to go in and out as they please, while here they are limited to indoors: there are too many feral cats and wild animals for it to be safe for them. So they need other things to play with. At least that's C3's theory. We'll go have a look as soon as the washing is done.