working at it slowly

Comments

• image I just couldn't handle the excitement Melds! 3 kids didn't do the pelvic floor any favours.

• *snigger*

The first yeargroup weregreat that i dealt with but the next lot were a bit of a challenge, they only had a bucket of lego to play with or paper and pens and 2 sen kids and 2 'troubled' kids on my own with 20-odd other kids.

one kid wouldn't do as i asked and then told him, he completely blanked me, then their  ta came in and had a right yell, but he just yelled back, then when was told to go sit down, he pushed the lunchbag trolleys everywhere and flopped onto the floor so you had to walk around his legs. Wondering about the best way to deal with him if it's wet tomorrow. Don't know whether to actually intro myself to him as we hadn't been introduced and don't know if he was trying to attract attention to himself, as he was messing with something right beside me that he shouldn't have been touching.

• Sounds like a DG & labby issue to me

Attention seeking and best ignored   image
  • going to see the year 5/6 school leavers concert tomorrow.  Apparently the ones who saw it today were crying, so no doubt i will be snivelling at the back.  Can't believe next year c1 will be in the leavers group and moving up to high school.
  • Is it me or have all these leavers concerts increased?  I dont think I remember any of them in my day ....  !!
  • Hi all,

Ecc - sounds like there are some challenging kids there, but I'm sure you'll deal with them brilliantly.

Sue = hope you are on the mend and that the lurgy, whatever it is, is on its way out.

Meldy - that you-tube clip is absolutely brilliant!  You're a star!

OH out at gig - he's quite nrervous for once, which is v unlike him, but it's with a band that contains some very talented players and the music is stonkingly difficult.  He only got the music on Saturday when we came home so he's been practising ever since, bless him.  He'll be fine though - he absolutely loves a challenge so no doubt he'll come home buzzing!

Kids safely tucked up so nice quiet night for me hopefullyimage

• Goatherd ...  Last year was a lot quicker than that,  this year remains to be seen !!!
  • Well - go Meldy is all I can say! Fricking brilliant!  Can't wait to hear how you get on!
  • XBXB ✭✭✭

Phew

I just nearly done an impulse buy - a rather snazzy VW camper van. Missed it by a meazly £100.

• XBXB ✭✭✭

Guess whose van this is...

"and it's tidy in the back" and "In need of a good clean inside and out"

• Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭
    Good grief XB, it was only the other day you were saying you weren't going to have one??!! My van's up in just over an hour if you want that image One lady owner imageimage

(well, apart from the other viking re-enactment lady owner, and the post office, of course...)

Bet it's cheaper than your VW too image Only one bidder so far! image
  • Lol!!

I may be in need of something, XB and I could have a bidding race and I could let him win
  • Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭
    Glad you had a good day Emma! Bit scary being left on your own though! Fingers crossed for sunshine tomorrow then hey??
  • Pippi LSPippi LS ✭✭✭
    You'll soon develop a look Emma - that usually sorts them!
  • Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭
    It *is* tidy in the back image Just meant it's not been bashed around and used as a work van image However, it would be lying to say it was 'clean' by most people's standards, it hasn't had a wash at all since I bought it 4.5 years ago, and I'm certainly not about to scrub it now! image

• Ahhhh yes - good old asshole image

I remember waiting bleedin' hours to get to bed that evening and it was a work day the next day image

I never listen to YMCA either without a slight snigger and smirk for asshole image

I was still in a stonking bad mood when I left - seems at the moment I am the only one doing anything constructive and when things don't get done it comes home to roost but usually causes me problems image  so I cheered myself up by buying DG a rather smart dog bed so that the duvet he's been using can stay upstairs permanently image

• SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    Pippi LS wrote (see)
    You'll soon develop a look Emma - that usually sorts them!

yep I have 'a look!'

also try and focus on the ones doing the right thing & give them lots of praise & attention.

((((sue))))

Yr 6 performance was great Roald Dahl's Cinderella.

and you're right Meldy, I don't remember doing many concerts as a child,although I was '2nd Angel' in infants image

I've done lots of ironingimage

• Last day at work tomorrow   image

I may go to bed very soon
  • SpenceSpence ✭✭✭

bed time image

trying to plough on with this chi running book, finding it a bit hard going XB, want it to just get to the point!!

sleep tight all

• I'm interested in the Chi running idea. I just devoured Born to Run and I'm particularly interested if you get actual practical tips from Chi Running, and how they work out for you in practice. I'm fairly sold on the idea that modern Western distance running wisdom (fancy shoes, stretching routines, training schedules, recommended diet, maybe road surfaces and who knows what else?) is getting something wrong as evidenced by the high rate of injuries runners experience. Lotsof people seem to have their own theories about what we should change and I am trying to make sense of it all. I'd love to know your experience.
  • chickpea

this whole running theory is interesting, but as you say, confusing. I've investigated closely the Chi Running theory and have tried out the Pose after talking to one of the masters of that (used to be a forum guy). It's all very well, but if you want to follow any of the philosophies, you have to be prepared to start again with the running so to speak, or as XB is doing, mix and match, seems to be suiting him well enough. This is what I'll be doing as I build back up again, the trouble is, the Chi Running people say that you should not take ipods or the like so you can concentrate soley on the running thing, just like Tai Chi. I find that difficult, my long runs are my "me time" and my audio books take a bashing then.

As for the more injuries theory, well, there are so many variables it would be difficult to say it is any one thing. After all, there are an awful lot more runners around than there used to be and not all of them with a "runners build" - like me for instance image.  The Kenyans who run for miles and miles off road with no shoes have been doing that for generations so the genetic ability has been wired in long ago.

It's a whole interesting subject for debate and I think there are as many answers as there are entry hopefuls for the VLM*

* a slight exaggeration, but you know what I mean

Have to get ready for work now.

• SpenceSpence ✭✭✭

morningimage Tea Daffs ?

work

(((((WIN))))

Tra-a-bit image

• Coffee please, black and a little bit strong

My day started saying hello to the big chocolate labby boy taking his mum for a walk   image
  • SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

Morning,

Sounds like a good start to the day, Meldy. My day started with me getting up to go to the loo and fainting due to pain (OK, I'm a wuss!) image.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

• Morning all!

<passes suitably kick-ass coffee to meldy>

• YumsYums ✭✭✭

morning image

we have rain again image

(((podds)))) ((snaily))) work would be ok if it wasn't for other people ruining it image

(((sue))) glad you're feeling better - we miss you and WM

A greyhound will sort out any cat problems, chuggy - shall I send Tips over to keep your garden clear ?

well done on your first day, Emma image  You'll be an old hand soon and the kids will know the look

I so love that clip of M..eldy - was a nail biting year as we didn't know for sometime whether she'd made the bike cut off and I spent ages glued to screen watching every runner emerge out the darkness, finally seeing M...elds appear. Each time I watch the clip it warms my heart - firstly pride and then hysterics at the unfortunate name pronounciation image

(((sluggs)))) hope the back is only  a short term glitch

sort of interesting trip to big smoke yesterday. Meeting held in room where Churchill stood to wave to crowds on VE Day Deputy Director came to chat about future etc Lots to think about. What she said about looking after ourselves and pushing ourselves forward really hit home. Difficult times ahead and noone but oursleves to ensure we have a job at the end of the day image

Just read no2 report  image Think I may have my hands full from September and senior school image