working at it slowly

Comments

• YumsYums ✭✭✭
    Awwww, (((Sluggy))))  You need some TLC - shall I warm my hands image
  • (((Sluggy)))

Yums I think there is an element of that in most Companies and Departments now and I have to say it can only be a good thing,  if you are good at your job and you are worth the money then you have nothing to worry about but if you are a shirker and a low life, as many places of work have them, then bliddy good riddance to them.

I am watching a nice ginger tabby who is running down the road with each school kid that comes down and then he wanders back up the road and runs down with the next one .....  should keep him and me amused for the next half hour or so !
  • Court Order handed to the twat downstairs last night and I have just done a statement of what he owes me so he can have that later as well

Expecting a call from the garage hopefully today so some quietly vibrating vibes would not go amiss !
  • ((((((Sluggy))))))))

((((((Yums))))))) we're in the same boat - letter to all staff "governors meeting to consider redundancies" blahdi blah

Good for you Melds with the Court Order - might make him sit up and take some notice finally! ~~~~~~~~~~~the Meldmobile~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Morning, all.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((SLUGGIE)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

That's a horrible way to start the day! You really had better getto your doctor asap, this is no joke.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Yums))))))))))))))))))))))))

This sort of thing is always unsettling and frightening. Not least because, while I agree with Meldy that there is usually a lot of fat in the organisation, there is also a lot of politics and it's important like our director said to position yourself well. What's the next step? I mean, when does something actually happen, and what? Is there anything you can start doing now?

CP, Sue and XB are the chi running experts. But I read the book and found it useful---most of all the idea that running is a natural movement and you should basically feel relaxed. I also found it helpful to watch the way kids run. But like Sue said, there are as many theories as there are people, so it's a matter of try it and see.

Emma, the first day of anything is the worst, and you sailed through! There will always be difficult kids, but I'm guessing that your ability to impose positive discipline is going to be one of your greatest assets, cos when they know their little ploys won't work, they stop doing them. You're going to be REALLY good at this image)))))

Sue, the fact that the lurgy has gone on for so long does suggest something foreign, doesn't it? My experience, after several expat moves, is that in a new place your body meets new bugs and takes longer to build up the resistance it needs to fight them. (I'm a scientist, can you tell??) Anyway, VERY good news that you're starting to feel better, and the HWMBT is diong so well. Tell WM we miss her, and not running is no reason not to pop in!

Daffs, hope the time limit on the Daffymobile passed without too much angst! At least you had one bid, so you know you can do the necessary. Hard to let go of an old friend, though, isn't it?

That clip of Meldy finishing is such a classic---Yums summed up my reaction perfectly!!! Melds, we're counting on something just as stylish this weekend image)))))))))))) And by the time you get back, Him Downstairs should be more afraid of you than of a court order!

I managed to get out for a couple of miles this morning image) Very slow, and like XB said plenty of walking, but even though it was all up and down it was lovely. Really enjoyed it. So did Rossie! It will take us a while, but I can even imagine getting to like hills image)

One question: for the last 4 days my left knee hurts quite a bit when I bend it with weight on it (like squatting). The pain is in the front, didn't hurt at all when I was running. Anyone know what it could be? (Since I can still run without pain it doesn't matter much, I guess but I'd like to get rid of it.)

• XBXB ✭✭✭

Morning

Hugs a-plenty needed here (((WIN)))

And a dose of these too ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Chuggy sounds like a patella tracking issue ... some good stretches and strengthening exercises should help
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH image

Okay - today the calm has gone - I've officially had enough.......

I've gone beyond stroppy to deadly calm which as Mother Podds would tell you is a really really bad sign.........

• <<backs out of the thread>>
  • XBXB ✭✭✭
    <pulls up a chair and waits for fireworks>
  • <puts kettle on and pulls up chair next to xb>
  • pads lightly round Podds to give sluggy some gentle cuddles so as not to make back worse, some heat pads and a tens machine as well as super strong painkillers and muscle relaxants so she can't feel it/doesn't care for a few hours rest................((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~for Meldy's car.

I have a look, which has worked on a couple of kids, which was good going considering they only know me as c1 or c2's mum.  I ordered a couple of books off amazon for ideas for 5-11's for wet playtimes. Prolly won't get it in time to be much help before the hols, but hopefully there will be some good ideas for when  we go back.  The ks2 kids have very little they are allowed to do/have in the wet playtimes, so hopefully we can come up with a few things that aren't too 'lame'

One of my friends who is also the crossing patrol, cleaner and a lunchtime lady has a ton of child protection stuff for me to read too.  She deals with ks2 also so told her about my plans, seemed quite interested, maybe the idea has wings!

• SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    <dons tin hat and hides under bed>
  • I'd like to see Sluggy getting out from under the bed !
  • SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

Thanks emma - TENS NBG*  though. Currently taking paracetamol, dihydrocodiene and industrial strength diclofenac - next step will be oramorph again. There's nothing GP can offer at this stage, other than admission (which I'm not bad enough for, thank dog), too acute to consider anything like physio or chiro.

* medical terminology =no bliddy good!

• SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    LOL, Melds. Actually, we have storage drawers under the bed so I couldn't get underneath anyway! Hope it's good news about your car.
  • morning all

((((((((((((Sluggy))))))))))))))) that sounds awful image

Emma - I have a feeling you're going to enjoy this job image

Sue - so glad things seem to be improving at last, it's been a long time

Melds - can't wait for your next IM adventure - you'll feel the wind from our pompoms image

I have failed to plod due to waking up at 4am sneezing and not being able to get back to sleep till it was time to get up - same old story - so planning to go out tonight - otherwise a vicious circle gets started

oh Daffs - your job sounds delightful - trust you to find it image

• I think our start time on Sunday will be 0725 so you have time to put the kettle on and make breakfast

It will be 0625 in our time so I may be tired and grumpy  image
  • funny story about pregnancy tens-I hired one for labour for 1st kid..........it arrived and duly followed instructions, attached it to back as said had to get used to it before big day. Turned it on and I swear it's a wonder i didn't pop her out there and then. The bliddy thing was on full, but couldn't see that as the dots were so tiny. It was like a scene from the eddy murphy film holy man...............................                                 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBhyj2Xgn4g    about 1.37 is the bit i meanimage

• LOL you lot - you've made me smile image

I guess that's what WAISTers are for..............

• M...eldy wrote (see)
    It would appear that I am shortly to be carless ... it wasnt the best news but there is nothing I can do about it
    I have a very dead car and a recon engine was the only option which would be £2,500 at best ....

Anyone know a good scrappy?
    Sorry to burst the bubble of happiness .....  anyone with any bright ideas?
  • XBXB ✭✭✭

Awww, feck, Meldy. That's rubbish news. Didn't you get that car just before Windsor Half so it ain't that old.

Poor old Murph is going to have to earn his bacon now - how far is the commute?

• I have had it for 7 years I think

Commute is not an issue mielage wise but it is time wise

At least I dont need to get there for a few weeks so I am have breathing space

I think I am going to wander into the village and buy something nice for lunch

• aw that's bad news melds

(((((((((meldy's purse))))))))))

am orf to do a sluggie with a friend shortly. 

• Hi Guys

I had a pretty crummy week, went on holiday with gf in Prague having been fit and well. Within 24 hours of being in Prague i had new chest pains, got into a panic attack and bought tickets straight home. No way was I going to a non uk speaking hospital.

As soon as back in Uk I went back to local hospital bor scans and tests. Complete false alarm, nothing wrong with heart or chest. Only pain was my bank balance.......

Felt a complete moron, ruining a romantic break with girlfriend. Ended up with 48 hours in bed for rest.

back to docs yesterday who changed medication as beta blockers far to strong, my heart rate was down to 40, no wonder I nearly past out on holiday.

Got to take it slowly, got to take it slowly got to take it slowly..........

• Aww Melds - that's shite image  Puts my day into perspective

I'd suggest a large cream cake*?  Too late to worry about keeping in shape physically for Wothy so you might as well have some psychological support instead

* insert fave preference as required

Rather sounds like biting the bullet and scrapping + "new" wheels will be the best option......although I must say I know nothing whatsoever about cars as I never buy image 

• SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

((Meldy)), not the news we were hoping for!

Welcome home, Kop, glad that the ticker is OK.

• welcome back Koprano - oh dear! not a good holiday then. hopefully you've got the meds sorted now

Melds - boo - looks like it'll be car shopping after the weekend then  - gah!

• They will have to take shoes in exchange.  I have no spare pennies