working at it slowly

Comments

• hi Sluggy - yes, they would have called paramedics, but preferred to sort it ourselves if poss - mainly to avoid going into hospital I think. SIL is a nurse too, so that's a comfort

just seen about Meldy on the Roth thread - image bit worried now - hopefully she's OK now she's out on the bike <<crosses fingers and toes>>

• The word on the Roth chat is that Meldy is having breathing difficulties, might explain the swim time image(

Also Kanga has apparently had manflu and been on anti-B's all week image(

Hope they both come through OK!

Larry, I have the same as you, the internet connection can't handle streaming so I'm very grateful for the folk on the Roth thread who are posting results as received.

FP, at least it's a choice of two equally nice, though different, options!

JFF, so sorry to hear about your MIL but glad she's OK.

• Glad MIL ok JFF. What a stressfull way to start Sunday.

Off to Asda to get dinner and birthday cakeimage

• SpenceSpence ✭✭✭

(((((((JFF's MIL)))))

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Meldy go girl~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭
    Oh dear Jenni image (((((((((((((MIL)))))))))))) hope she's feeling a little better now

((((((((((meldy)))))))))) in out girl, in out!
  • SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    I only seems to be able to get the video in German!? even when I click on the union jack.
  • SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Spence, I think it says somewhere that the veejo commentary is only in German.
  • Pompoms going like the clappers for Yums and Meldy! WAISTer chicks show them what you're made of! I was planning a long bike ride until my sister rang at 9pm last night to invite herself and her husband over to mine for Sunday lunch. So morning bike ride turned into morning-Tesco-trip to buy ingredients followed by frantic kitchen cleaning and cooking. I doubt I will feel like cycling after roast duck with stuffing, roast spuds, gravy, Yorkshires, broccoli and squtternut bosh.
  • Afternoon All

Been marshalling at R4L today and it's broiling out there - hope Yums packed the sun cream as she's really going to need it!

Seen the news on Meldy - she'll be devastated by that swim time (i think it's her slowest ever) - here's hoping she can pull it back on the bike image

• SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Meldy is through the 120 bike split.
  • Yes, she's really storming it now!!! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MELDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CP, after a meal like that I'd be hard pressed to waddle, never mind run image))

Podds, well done you----hope you can sit in the shade for a while now. And do we have any way of knowing how Yummy is getting on? The heat can't be helping...

• OK  - this is sounding more promising

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MELDS

gosh - I'm exhausted

• Don't know about yums - I had some texts from her earlier today when she was setting off and she was undecided as to how to approach it - i.e. eyeballs out or more relaxed

It is rather hot down here today but equally so there's a good cool breeze where we are - but of course that may be a north coast thing and she may not get it............

• SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

GOOOOOOO Yumms

GOOOOOOOOO Meldy

Well done, Podds, you've earned a long, cool drink in the shade!

• XBXB ✭✭✭

C'MON MELDY, DON'T MAKE US SWEAT.

Well done, Podds.

Still wetting it down here.

Having a quiet day - kids service went well and they're back in their jimjams - that means don't dare ask us to do anything or go anywhere.

I may have to go and view a motor home in Stoke; I'm sure they'll get dressed for thatimage

• G'day all,

Mot been able to get in much lately.

Ta for the link to mel;ds Daffs.  Just had a look at her bike times and they are very good, her average KPH is way better than I'd expect.

Come on melds.

• Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭
    OOh, glad you can make some sense of it Noggs! image Sounds like she'll be pleased with the bike time even if not the swim...

Well marshalled Podds! I just can't imagine the sunshine - it's windy and stormy and rainy up here (and that's just inside the house!) image

Pompompompoms still waving here for Yums too of course!!

Look at your pair in their jim jams XB! Yes, I bet they will get dressed to go and see a motorhome imageimage We nearly whizzed up to Glasgow to buy a car this morning - but I remembered I have a PhD to write, and Mr Daffs remembered we didn't want to spend £150 on train tickets to go see a car on spec... <eek!>

Right, back to it, will pop in to check up on Meldy in a bit! image
  • I've just done 55 miles on the bike.  I went into the Cotswolds and It is very windy indeed.  I couldn't find a tail wind today. 

With that and the hills I'm writing that up as a hard sesh.  I was turning over the big chain ring the whole way - I dropped into  the middle ring for the steeper stuf but didn't need the granny ring.

Hurrah.

• Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭
    Should have turned round and gone the other way Noggs! image

(although I know full well the wind turns round and goes in front of you if you do that, just to spite you...) image
  • FootpatherFootpather ✭✭✭

Come on Melds!!!

What is Yums doing today?  I've been pom pomming like mad but I don't know what for.

Great marshalling Podds.  Always a sterling job.

XB, why are the girls in their jim jams already?  I'm lucky if FP Jnr is out of hers by this time. She's usually up early on a Sunday but rarely dressed early.

Sluggie, to be honest I'm really torn between the two choices.  For GNR I get to see my brother who lives in Newcastle and FP Jnr gets to see her fave uncle. OH gets quite bored!  For the bike ride OH gets off the hook and it isn't going to be anywhere near as difficult for me.  Knowing I have the GNR to do keeps me motivated (usually) for training though.

There is a free concert in a park about 10 miles from here and I am taking FP Jnr and her friend. Eliza Dolittle and Gabriella Cilmi are going to be on. Trouble is as two 13 year olds they don't want me hanging about and I don't really want to but I don't feel happy about leaving them there on their own. 

Wow, fantastic riding Nogs.  TDF next Year?  There is a sportive up near here today and part of it is 'race the train'
  • SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

Great going Noggs! Unlike Chuggy, I have not learnt to love hills (or even tolerate them)!

edit - FP, Yumms is doing London to sarfend bike ride today.

• SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Meldy is through the 153km bike split. Go girl!
  • Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭
    Woo hoo Meldy! Very exciting! So not far left on the bike then?? Well, 37k?? Another hour and 45 mins or so - meaning just under 9 hours on the bike? Is that good?

(well, I mean, I know full well I couldn't ride 112 miles on a bike in 9 hours, especially not after swimming 2.4 miles, and knowing I had to run a marathon afterwards, but you know what I mean!!)

Thanks Sluggy.  I'm with you Sluggy on the hills.  I have trouble with hills when I am running or cycling but not when I am swimmingimage

Good on Meldy.  Hopefully she has got over her breathing problems.

Daffy I know I couldn't do any ONE of those three things.
  • Me neither, FP. Nowhere near!

But great news that Melds is going so well! Hopefully whatever the breathing probs were, they're over now.

RAH RAH RAH GOOOOO MELDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XB, kids luuurve a day lazing around in jammies! Although a mobile home might just be enough to get them dressed image)

Noggs, well done you! sounds like the cycling is totally on course for you now---hooray!!

Erm, Sluggie, to say I 'love' hills is putting it rather strongly. Lets just say I'm not now so intimidated that I don't dare put a foot out the door. That's what has to qualify here as progress!

Sluggie, how's the back now? Have you been able to sleep properly?

GOOOOOOOOO YUMMY!!!!!!!!!

Hope the wind is behind you all the way image))))))

Seem to have a dicky tummy. Just praying it isn't that hideous food poisoning I had last summer, but don't think it can be. Shall distract myself with the Roth thread and Latin subjunctive verbs!

• SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    the first Pirate his finished!
  • SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

((Chuggy))

Thank you, I'm feeling much better. Sleeping well and have reduced my morphine intake, almost pain-free at rest now and can get up and potter around for a few minutes at a time image