working at it slowly

Comments

• Oh Sluggie, that's GREAT news!!!! A few days ago I was pretty worried about you. But a true WAISter as ever, you pulled through image)))))))))))))

And it's in-flippin'-credible that anyone can have finished IM so fast!!!

Sounds like Melds is going well again, really hope it comes together for her.

COME ON MELDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Oh, and if there are any other diehards out there, have a look at the new BBC news website here.

It's just hideous.

The popped it on an unsuspecting public last week, and people have written in their thousands protesting.

The new site looks like something from The Sun or some other hysterical tabloid. The lovely, objective, clear presentation of news all over the world is gone. Probably driven by the desire to have lots of advertising on the site. But it feels like losing an old friend, and I honestly don't know where to go now for dispassionate, objective presentation of world news.

If anyone wants to join the protest, go to the BBC site, and in the top bar click on Home and then on Editors'Blogs and you'll get to it. I don't suppose protests will do any good, but this is really a sad loss.

• Sorry, if anyone wants to see the new site, click here.

It's all screaming red headlines to force you to read whatever the editors have decided is the most important story for the next 15 minutes.

• SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    hot off the press - Melds is off the bike!
  • Gogo Meldy! Pedal like the wind!
  • XBXB ✭✭✭

Meldy's off the bike, done her helmet hair and is now off for a little joggle.

Go girl.

• Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭
    Blimey, that was quick! Although they did say it was all downhill! (quick to do her hair too!)

Just another few hours to wait for her to jog round the course then, yawn image
  • Yums has now finished her bike ride - 52 miles + 2 rides station / home to add it
  • Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭
    Wow, well done Yummity!!!! Get yourself a nice glass of Pimms and a hot bath I say!

<offers to rub sore bits>

Come and tell us all about it!!

(and, er, Podds, does this mean you're actually in communication, on a mobile and everything??? Will wonders never cease??? image)
  • Well done Yums!!!!!image

Well, that's an offer indeed from Daffs thereimage

C'mon Meldy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!image

Dinner time.image

• GO GO Meldy, we're all proud of you.

Afternoon all, the missus came home from her mums saying that she'd been given a voucher code for best western hotel in Sheffield, she was going to use it but can't afford the train fare, so she's passed the voucher onto us suggesting we use it in November and go away for my 30th.

Never been to Sheffield before but i'll give anything ago, and she's going to look after the boys so it will be a nice break.

• Yums well done to you as well.
  • Daffy got run over by a reindeer wrote (see)
    (and, er, Podds, does this mean you're actually in communication, on a mobile and everything??? Will wonders never cease??? image)
    Indeedy Daffs image  sometimes I think there is no end to my talents image
  • SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    She's through the first run checkpoint
  • SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Well done, Yummity!!  <proffers icepack>
  • GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDDDDDDYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!

(she's a long way away, so i needed to shout)  I hope she's ok now.

• Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭
    I'm in Sheffield Jay, and it's GREAT image Recommend the first thing to do is get out of the city centre and into the peak district image

Looks like we're in for a nail biting evening. By my (unscientific, back of envelope, over a cuppa) calculations, she's doing 7kph (well, it says that on the website...) on the run, and with just under 40k to go (!), that's not far under 6 hours to go (!!), which takes us to nearly 11pm, and that's assuming she doesn't slow down.... (!)... and the cut off's midnight I think...

<prepares nails and sofa to hide behind>

Going to be tired at work all day tomorrow because of that silly woman playing silly games! image
  • Melds bike splits were superb.  I'd be happy with that pace in a sportive.

Go Melds.

• SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Daffs, the cutoff is 15 hours, apparantly. No-one is sure whether that's 15 hours from the individual's start time or from the first start. Obviously, the 2nd scenario seems highly unfair but you never know... At worst, the Tin Tart has to be in by 21.25 (CET)
  • SpenceSpence ✭✭✭

Blimey good going WAISTer galsimage

The cub is home, he is knackered, asleep on the sofa, a good time had by all image His was the noisy tent, as it should be for a 10yr old boy I say image

• Daffy, I'm only staying for the one night, so I think we're going to that big shopping centre, and then just staying around the city centre.

• Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭
    Good grief Slugs, didn't realise the cut off was 15 hours!! Crikey, she'd best get a move on then! <bites nails> Only 4 hours left! Good grief!!

Or is that 22.25 our time then? Must be image that's a bit better, phew! BUt still, it'll be a nail biter!

Aha Jay, I see (although MeadowHell - bleurgh!) image Pity you're not bringing the boys - apparently we have the most child friendly museum in the country ,they'd love it, it's fab! image

<bites nails again>
  • SpenceSpence ✭✭✭

I can't believe these people crossing the line, they look amazing image

how do we track Meldy?

• Jay, Daffs is the expert, but C1 was at uni in Sheffield and we thoroughly enjoyed our visits up there, even though we were usually so short of time we stayed in the town. You'll have a grand time.

WELL DONE THAT YUMMERS!!!!!!!!!!

That is fantastic going, girl image)))))))))))))))))))))

And thanks to the all-talented Podds who can keep in touch with everyone, everywhere image)))))))))))))

Now...............

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MELDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sounds like it IS going to be close, that swim put her behind but her cycling was brilliant (Noggy says so, and he knows!) so we've just got to send lots of WAISter vibes to carry her home through just a measley little marathon....

RAH RAH RAH, GO ON MELDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<pompoms flailing wildly in all directions here>

Please keep posting her progress here, cos it appears that the satellite internet may not be able to handle two giant forum sites at once. image(
  • SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Daffs, isn't CET 1 hour ahead of us?
  • Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭
    I have absolutely no idea! I was just going on - if they started at 7 (which it seemed like) and had 15 hours, that'd be 10pm. Also, When Meldy goes through a check point, and it registers on the tracker site, the 'actual' time seems to be an hour behind ours?

(might just be making this up, of course?!)
  • I've seen a magna museum or something in Sheffield it looks interesting, Who know maybe we'll take the twins back next year.
  • Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭
    Gosh, ahead, behind, whatever.

Obviously what I said was wrong - she went through 3.7k on the run at 17.18, which must have been 16.18 our time because it was over an hour ago image So that makes them an hour ahead.

Which means if the cut off is 9.25, then here it'll be 8.25?? surely not!! Does that really mean she's only got 3 hours left???!

Good grief, I just cannot get my head round time zones!! image I say we all move to the same time - I'm happy to live in the dark to aid the lack of confusion!
  • SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    can you post a link for the tracker I can't find it, cheers ears
  • Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭
    Aha, I see they're showing estimated finish times now - Meldy's is 16.22 (presumably 16 hours 22 mins, rather than an hour ago???) - hope that doesn't mean she misses cut off! image Hurry up Meldy!