working at it slowly

Comments

• SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Yes, the Pirates certainly believe that her bike leg was slower than she wanted. Really hope she's OK image
  • oh Come on Meldy!

what a bliddy battler she is!

or is that battle axe?

GO Meldy - you're an absolute superstar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but take a slap anyway - I got the harribert image

• SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Reckon she needs every ounce of her bloody-mindedness at the moment!!
  • Well she is still givging it a good go.

Have you ever seen anything like this I think it's amazing

dog rescue dog

• SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    oh, that is amazing!!
  • SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Meldy is through 25.5
  • *whirling a tin of sardines in a sock round my head* C'mon Meld's

• Hi everyone,

Have been away up north chez mummy for weekend with the fambly and it was lovely -  mum spoiled all of us rotten then sent us back with care package of more goodies!image  neice getting married in 2 weeks so everyone all of a flurry -very exciting!  Also went for 2 runs as my back and legs felt fine, so that was great (r4 / w1 - seems to be working out well so far - marvellous!)

Have spent ages reading back as no internet at mum's - sluggy am so glad you're feeling bit better,image

Well done Yummyimageimageimage

Am glad Chickpea asked 'pirates' question - i thought they were some sort of secret society like the Masonsimage 

Am going to try to access threads for Roth....

• Pippi LSPippi LS ✭✭✭
    heatherd wrote (see)

Am glad Chickpea asked 'pirates' question - i thought they were some sort of secret society like the Masonsimage 

...only much, much worse ...
  • SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    Daffs, did you manage to work out, what time Meldy should be finished?
  • I clicked on Westie's link fro Meldy's crew and ended up reading race report for Austrian IM of 2004.  it was the funniest thing I've read in ages - I kept chortling out loud until OH glared at me and told me to please go elsewhere to read it as it was 'very irritating'image  So took myself off to another room with the laptop and setttled in to read the whole thing.  it was just brilliant - not just the humour (and it was darned funny) but also the sheer guts and determination of those mad pirate - types.  I was absolutely blown away.  I hope Meldy gets something like the time she hoped and trained for, but whatever happens, I think she, and the other competitors are absolute stars...(certifiable undoubtedly but completely brilliant)!!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOO MELDYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYimageimage

• Nog, going downhill fast wrote (see)
    Podds, I can't imagine she'll be disappointed with the bike leg.  Having done some sportives with her, she's knocked out the same pace but in the middle of a tri. 

did she tell you her target time though Noggs??

Spence wrote (see)
    seren nos wrote (see)
    there was something about her having breathing problems on the swim.................her swim was down 45 mins...........the bike down an hour and now the run is slow.................not the meldy we know...........there has to be something really not right........which is suprising then why she is still managing to keep going

As Spence has picked up from Seren she was hoping for a good hour quicker on the bike and as you know from cycling with her she is more than capable given the conditions..............

...unfortunately today is clearly not her day image

• YumsYums ✭✭✭

GO GO GO M....eldy imageimage c'mon we believe image

Pardon me for whooshing through the last few pages - my eyelids seem heavy suddenly. No heroics to report as decided to ride with NSHD and another chum. Was terribly civilised though - plenty of tea and rest stops image total mileage covered on foot and bike 58 (walked home from finish as  met minis in park and no 2 rode my bike home! ) Couple of pears ciders while laying in sunshine  - seem somewhat likght on food front though - brekkie then jelly babies and muesli bar - I have a shed load of chips for tea image

Many thanks for the vibes - feel quite fresh leg wise but may snooze on sofa soon

<switches WAISTer vibe machine to Stun>

GO M...eldy

xxxx

• SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

Great going, Yumms!

Meldy's run pace has really slowed down, am vibing like a mab vibing thing here.

• Spence wrote (see)
    Daffs, did you manage to work out, what time Meldy should be finished?
    spence if you are on the tracker it gives predicted finish time based on current pace - Meldy is currently showing at race time of 17 hrs 14 (will be her slowest ever finish) however impossible to translate into a finish time as it was staggered not a wave start without working out her start time
  • SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    She's through 28.5 and has managed to pick up a few secs/mile
  • DLDL ✭✭✭

Just checking in to see if she's finished yet

<decides to set vibe machine to warp factor>

• SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    she's past 28.5
  • SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    x post sluggie image
  • image that thing with the dog was so sad.

imageimageimageimageimage c'mon meldy

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

vibing like a mad thing here

and we told her not to do this to us this time image

Come on Melds!!!

not sure what the cut-off is - is she OK to finish?

• Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭
    Nobody seems to know what time the cut off is Jenni! It's a conspiracy to make us wibble all the harder I reckon! <wibble wibble>

Yums! How absolutely jolly spiffing of you! imageimage 58 miles - wow! And tea and cakes too - of course, how very civilised imageimage You should be jolly darn proud of yourself!! Anything else to tell? Any interesting wildlife? Fascinating gossip? Injuries or niggles? Tastiest cake?? How were the hills? And will you be doing it again next year???
  • XBXB ✭✭✭

Poor cow must be suffering.

Well done on your ride, Yumky.imageimageimage

• SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Jenni, no-one is really sure about the cut-off times. The Roth webbie says 15 hours but the start was in waves so we don't know when they actually roll up the carpet and switch off the lights.
  • FootpatherFootpather ✭✭✭

Good grief I have been following the Roth chat but was interrupted by a phone call and it's taken me ages to keep up with the thread.

COME ON MELDY.  We know you can do it!!!

Gosh that dog video is amazing.  The dog rescuer looked like it really knew what it was doing. 

• Jenni - technically once the cut off has passed they don't let you finish across the line so to speak but generally they'll let you finish if you're close...............and whatever happens the pirates will be there to support her in and give her a finish line.............

..............I know from experience at Bala and there were other pirates behind me there!

• FootpatherFootpather ✭✭✭
    Sorry Yums, totally proud of you too.  What a fantastic day you've had.  <PassesYums  a box of matches so that she can keep her eyes open until Meldy finishes>
  • Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭
    I'll slap her when she gets back anyway - all this nail biting again!! image If the cut off *is* 9.30 she's cutting it darn fine. Come on now, let's all jump up and down, see if we can shake the world a bit and give her a hand!

(do you think the highest number of people sign up to do ironmans in the closing minutes after an Ironman??? It's certainly the time I myself feel in most danger!)
  • LOL Daffs - careful

however rough she feels at the end of this she won't miss a comment like that one even if it does take her some weeks to catch up with you!!

• Daffy - i find my thoughts veering from 'Wow, how inspirational, maybe some day....??' to 'What the f*** were these people thinking??!' in equal measure!!