working at it slowly

Comments

• SpenceSpence ✭✭✭

ooh x post with lots of you!

Thanks for the advice, we do have a lot of pasta dishes whilst away, nice and easy !

• SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

Gosh, there has been some great podding going on. Well done JFF, Berry and Podds!

it is bucketing down here and has been all day, and it is also blowing a hoolie. I hope it all settles down before Wednesday!

I have just been to see SlugMummy. I phoned her yesterday to see if she wanted to come out for a coffee today after lunch, but she had other arrangements so we agreed that I would go round there a bit later today. Her two friends were there, chain smoking the whole time. SM hates smoke but is so besotted with her friend that she has said it is OK to smoke in the flat. Mum's 'best friend', with whom she had a huge falling out the other week, monopolised my attention for the best part of an hour, talking about her back problems. To be fair, SM did suggest that she asked my opinion. So I am now home, having had no real chance to talk to SM and reeking of smoke. To say that I am not amused would be an understatement, although I don't know why I am quite so peed off...

• SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    I have showered, washed my hair, chucked all my clothes in the washing machine and had dinner, so I am now feeling rather less grumpy than I was a couple of hours ago image
  • FootpatherFootpather ✭✭✭
    Westie, what fab news. Continued~~~~~~~~~~~~~Scott~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Podds, wow, you are action woman at the moment. Sorry I might have missed it but what are you training for or is it just training in general? Shame you aren't closer to us as our canoe club only charge £5 a go for the rafting and anyone is welcome to come and try. Club members get it free.

Aww, Sluggy, naughty SM. I hate being enclosed in a room with a smoker. It occasionally happens when I am visiting people.

Spence, I think you have to sign in when you want to leave a comment on a blog. It usually asks me what profile I want to use eg Google, FB, Twitter or something like that, when I have commented on other blogs.

Well done indeed on the soggy PB, JFF. It's heavier going in the rain image

Snaily don't you fancy going back to a caravan then? I like the caravan as you can leave it behind when you go somewhere.

I need an update at the top of each page as I never remember what was on the previous one.

It started off lovely here this morning but half way through the cycle ride it started to bucket it down and was pretty breezy. My legs felt really empty today not sure why unless it was a reaction to yesterdays shock. Anyway I bailed the training ride at about 20 miles as we had a back up vehicle with us today. I would have made it back but I was going slowly and felt it was prudent to stop so I didn't hold the others up in the rain. image
  • mmm Sluggy - I can just imagine that that was rather irritating image glad you're feeling more fragrant now
  • SpenceSpence ✭✭✭

*takes peg off nose*

It has been lashing down all day image

I'm telling myself I'm going to run before work in the morning image There's a buffet lunch for a colleagues 50th & I wont be able to run after thatimage and I'm out in the evening. So it's early or not at all !

• I appear to have trenchfoot.

Westie, what excellent news to come home to!!   Cellulitis is very painful if I remember correctly but he sounds as if he is on the mend which is fabulous
    Slugsta wrote (see)

I will take this opportunity to warn you about M...eldy, who is away until Monday. M...eldy is our contribution to 'care in the community', she is under the delusion that it is her duty to convert everyone to triathlon. If she asks you any question regarding cycling and swimming, the best tactic is to say 'No' - and then hide for the rest of the day image

.... and I did rea back !!!

Had a very tiring weekend supporting the Deca/QUin/Triple/Double/Ironman maniacs ... our pirate legend Monique managed 8 IM in 8 days on a course that has proven to be one of the most difficult.  The weather today on the last day could have been a little bit better for them   image
  • SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    A huge 'well done' to Monique. How did the others do? If your weather was anything like ours, Meldy (bearing in mind that we are not that far away) , then it really has not been kind to them!
  • TubsterrTubsterr ✭✭✭

Brilliant news Westie (((scott))))

Good grief FP, white water rafting!!! Awesome image

Met Jnr's partner's parents yesterday and had a really good evening.  Up at 4 hurling though image think it must have been the prawn coctail image

(((((waisters))))))

Wow, that really is legendary of Monique.
  • weather not being kind is an understatement - its been pissing it down all day! 

FP - we will go back to caravaning but I prefer motorhoming.  But I prefer anything to not having anything at all!!!!   Have to sell the motorhome first and in this crap money climate, that is going to be difficult.  I got bored with caravanning before as we had it sited for a season, but we stayed at the same site for about 3 seasons, boooooooooooring.  so we've agreed that we'll change sites each season. 

I've given myself a kick up the arse today, I've been seriously slipping into bad eating habbits and it doest take much for me to get into a junk food routine.  So I've started by food diary again, going plodding tomorrow, but if its pee'ing down I've also packed my swimming gear as back up.

Spence - when out witht he motorhome we sometimes have buffet food for tea.  its nice to pick at different foods rather than cook a meal.

8 IM in 8 days - flippin nutters!  image

wine anyone?

Oh missed you there Tubs. Are you feeling better now?
  • I think I may need to go to bed whilst I can still keep my eyes open!

Happy Mondays everyone in case I miss it    image
    So Snaily, don't you like actually towing it as and when rather than siting it for a whole season? We got a porch awning at a car boot sale, only used twice, for £20 a few weeks ago. Bargain!
  • Sweet dreams, Melds. You've earned them for sure. And mega-stars for Monique, who must be both legendary and completely nuts!

((((((((((((((((((Sluggie)))))))))))))))))))
    When you make a special effort to go see someone, and in the end don't get to see her, AND have to spend the whole time in the proverbial smoke-filled----well, it would tick me off too! But after so many years of being pretty much alone, your mum obviously finds her friend very special, and showing you off is prolly very important to her.

FP, you 'only' cycled 20 miles in the rain?!? After getting knocked from here to kingdom come in the raft yesterday? For heaven's sake, woman, wake up and give yourself a big gold star!!!!

Spence, good luck getting out early tomorrow: hope you make it. I shall try to be out the door not long after 8 myself, but by then you'll be long gone I expect...

Tubs, lovely that you liked Jnr's partner's parents; it sounded like you would. But how rotten that you wound up sick!! ARE you feeling better now? (FP already asked image)

Snaily, very well done for clambering back on the wagon. It feels good to get things back under control again, and exercise especially always helps. Maybe if you move the caravan around more this year you can explore some new running routes?

Nice quiet day here, took C2 to the village for a drink. He is the most amazingly positive, optimistic person I know. Not a Pollyanna, just someone who's always willing to believe, even when things are rough, that life will work out well if you let it. It's really nice to be around.

But I'm off to bed now, so sleep tight all and

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* SCOTT, WESTIE AND FAMILY!! *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

• I dont like towing.  Mainly because when when we go away for the weekend, fridays I finish work so late by the time we've hooked up and everything its not worth it.  We found it easier siting it in wales and going to it.  But I got bored.

I think if we site it in different places each year, plus use it for our 2 weeks holiday, it might solve the boredom factor.

But OMG FP we found a gorgous brand new bailey caravan, we'd have to wipe our feet before we went in!!!

Bed time I think.  I'll give you a knock in the morning spence image

• SpenceSpence ✭✭✭

Morning

((((Tubs)))) Hope you feel better.

8M in 8 days !? image That's too mad for words, only a nutter would do that....................when you doing it Meldy !?

I was out at 5:30 image 4 miles as per the plan image

• SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

Morning,

Well done for getting out there early, Spence.

Snaily, are you coming back down this way before you get rid of the motorhome?

Tubs, I'm so glad that you got on well with the other  parents, do they live on the island too?  Sorry that you were unwell afterwards though!

Continuing ~~~((( )))~~~ for Scott and the Westies.

Aquagym for me this morning and then an appointment with the GP. What an exciting life I lead image.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

• morning all

good news about Scott, he's in for a bit of a longish hall with the cellulitus, but he'll get there. He needs to take time to recover properly now, I guess Mr and Mrs Westie will make sure of that.

Work beckons

• morning

plodded at 6.30am think it was about 6k, its bloomin warm this morning

Slugsta - yes we might be coming in sept, I'll let you know

better get ready for work, I'm faffing around still in my sweaty running stuff

happy monday 

• DLDL ✭✭✭
    Morning

Woooo hoooooo Scott ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Some good plodding and cycling and rafting and generally being this weekend - woooo hoooooticles for another farty fast PB

Did read back but in bits and pieces and now can't remember much - so (((((()))))) ~~~~~~~~~ yay and hoorah

Spence - camping food - we often cook a good curry before we go and freeze it so it helps with the cool box (we camp without electricity) Then by day 3 it's defrosted and ready to heat up - easy peasy. Burritos are a firm favourite as it gets everyone involved. A BBQ always goes down well, chorizo pasta - all the usual suspects.

Has been raining for ages now. We have discovered what the rubber strip which was coming away from the front door, (which we ripped off and threw away some weeks ago as it kept catching)was for. We now have a spreading area of wet, dampness, and squelchy carpetness in our hall. Also it did manage to stay dry until the minute before I went out for my 10 mile plod yesterday - I too was a little drippy and a little bit miffed.

Spence and JFF - have paid my money for BBCHM - so it looks like I'm in. If yesterday's 10 miles is anything to go by, I shall be romping home last.

Off to Dragon land for 2 days - happy sparkly new week all
  • Morning.

Well done Snaily and Spence for the early chugging image)))

Would be super if there was a collection of gastropods in Bournemouth before the motorhome departs image)

I got up early to chug but it was raining so I settled for some core exercises instead. Now, of course, it's bright sunshine..!

Sue, good to see you. Have you made any decision about the jobs yet? And yes, I feel quite sure that Westie and Mrs Westie will see to it that Scott recovers perfectly! (Go for it, Scott!!!)

Sluggie, hope the aquagym is enjoyable. From what you've said the warmth of the water and the supported movement seem to help. Hope the GP is able to offer some more practical suggestions for living than you've got so far!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*SCOTT, WESTIE AND MRS WESTIE*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Hope every day is a big improvement image))

Mr C and I are off to the little St. Alvere market. I'd forgotten how much volume boys eat!!! C3 ate 6 large tomatoes yesterday (no more toms in the house now) and three apples (no more apples); C2 has eaten 3 large quesadillas in the last 24 hours (ergo no baked beans in the house).... You get the drift! Time to go shopping with a lorry again image))))
  • Just saw taht there were some earth tremors in Christchurch and some evacuations. Nogs, your folk all OK?
  • Morning each.

The WAISTers seem to be on something of a roll at the moment.

A quiet day here.  I'm taking my 'big' mower to Dan the Mans workshop today.  He's going to try to bodge up the broken handle.  He's an engineer and general Mr do anything sort of bloke.  He used to work making frames for one of the Moto GP teams and has a handy sideline in fabricating bespoke motor bike frames and fettling rusty horse boxes for the country set here abouts.

He also has a full time job stopping a bar stool at the Lion from levitating.

My mower handle shouldn't test him too much.

I ought to try a bike ride later to.  My weekend was taken up with GD on Saturday and watching the rain yesterday.

I have a cunning plan in mind - more in a bit.

• Not seen that Chuggs.  Jnr has finished in ChCh so is unlikely to be affected.  I'll check the NZ news.
  • XBXB ✭✭✭

Good morning

It certainly sounds like a fab WAISTer weekend. Quality news from Westie (Hurrah) Fantastic FarFar PB (Hurrah) Super Splashtastic fun for FP (Hurrah) Altitude with Attitude from Podds (Hurrah) and a jolly well done for everyone and everything else I've forgotten.

ooooo/ooooo - Mexican Wave.

• Jnr in NZ is having a tough time listen here .

No finer man to sort it out though.

• morning

ooh Noggin Dan the man sounds like he's got life under control! can't wait to hear about your cunning plan image

Westie - sounds like you need to keep Scott wrapped in cotton wool for a while

crikey that was early Spence! I always thinks if only I could get up earlier in the morning it would be great for my plodding but i just never get a decent night's sleep and struggle to get out of bed

well, I seem to working from home today - my car is not wanting to move! just waiting for the AA man.........

• Doing this is my cunning plan.

I've not broached it with HL, but thought I'd sweeten the deal by offering to pay for her ticket to NZ, possibly as a birthday present.

Speaking of which, HL is an avid reader but a technophobe.  Anyone use a Kindle?  All the reviews seem very good but if anyone here has 'hands on' I'd appreciate your thoughts.