working at it slowly

Comments

• morning all

ooh Dragon very exciting we will all be cheering you on for sure - you are a marvel!

I think we need a WAISter lottery win so we can all give up work

I've had to work this weekend which is rather annoying, I've been doing a bit of moaning but in the end you just have to get on with it. I did stop to do a 10k race that I had entered and also to see my mum (not compromising on that). The race was an out and back flat 10k but rather muddy and it was very cold. I managed 53:35 which I'm really pleased with - 1st old lady but it was a very small race image

• Woohoo a podium WAISTer.....well done JFF image

I am mostly today waiting to see if Mr P makes it back from Zurich.....or if he remains fog bound image...........

• Had to look up Welsh 3 Peaks - not heard of that but it sounds good. I've only done one of them but the second is on my list for this year. Is it in 24 hours?

Well done, JFF - 1st is 1st! (and speedy!)

Grrr Mondays grrr image (nasty Y6 then staff meeting ...)

• DLDL ✭✭✭

Evening all 

Yay Dragon Lady. Three hills, three cheers!

Wooo hooo Far Too Fast. Do you get an extra shiny medal or a certificate or something?? 

Do weevils wobble or is that just weebles?

I have been to Welsh Wales. I should have gone to Swindon but due to the issue with the fan and the hitting of it with a manure like compound I have been rerouted. Who knows what Tuesday will bring!?!?!

Decentish weekend. Went to see La La Land which I liked. Managed 2 runs which means I have started week 4 of the plan - what larks. I'll soon have done more runs in one month than I managed in the whole of last year!

Happy new week - hope it brings a lottery win or two

• evening

well done JFF!

mum had a cataract op yesterday, she had it done privately and all seems well thank goodness

how did it get to be Monday again so soon??

• DLDL ✭✭✭

Hello Tumbleweed

((((Mum of Mathschick)))

I have had a day of crazy.

Is it nearly the weekend?

• DLDL ✭✭✭
    Morning

Is there anybody there mother??
  • I'm here DL image Morning image 

Struggling with mock exams, summer entries and some random board we've started using who are a royal PITA and take up a ridiculous amount of my time for the sake of a bunch of kids who don't show up to half the lessons, won't show up to the exams and don't give the proverbial about qualifications.............

To add insult to injury when I tripped and bashed myself I'd been at this other school specifically for this exam board!!!

• Hi Im a newbie - hope it's ok to post here image  I downloaded the app couch to 5k run 1 min - walk 3.  Did ok on day one, day 2 (3 days apart) i did the half hour and then decided to walk quickly for another 30 mins as I felt really good.  Got home and as I was going upstairs my knee was making a horrible grinding noise - no pain.  Rested for a week went out for a gentle walk and my knee and lower back is in agony.  Totally gutted as it has taken me a long time to get into 'the zone'. I am taking ibuprofen and putting bio freeze on my back.  Going to get a sports massage on Friday (dreading it), any advice would be very very gratefully received.  I have the proper running shoes but not sure if they need updated as they are 5 years old (used a gait analysis).  Thank you xx

• morning all

welcome Harley, what a shame you got injured so early image hopefully the massage person will five you some clues, I'm sure some wise persons on this thread will be along to give some top tips.

good news on your Mum MC

**kicks tumbleweed at DL **

• SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

Afternoonicles,

Sorry that I have been AWOL for a few days. I'm afraid I haven't done more than skim over the posts I have missed.

I did see that the poor ikkul kitty has been locked out of his home. What a wicked meowmy! image Given recent temperatures, I agree that 'frozen' could be a likely diagnosis.

Jenni FarTooFast has lived up to her name, I see. Well done JFF!

And out own Welsh Dragon is planning valiant deeds again.

Daffs, we have weevils once. As the Dragon says, they are little blighters to eradicate image

DF, I missed the excrement hitting the fan - I do hope that you didn't get covered in it!

SM has had quite a few falls over the weekend - much time spent on floor awaiting arrival of paramedics. Monday morning saw the 5th fall in 48 hours, so she was carted off to A+E. Of course, this was the busiest day for some time due to the freezing fog we have been cursed with. We arrived in A+E around 1.30 pm. At 10pm MS and I were sent home, SM still on bed in A+E but she was moved to the assessment unit in the early hours.

There is no obvious cause for the falls and, thankfully, no real harm done. However, she clearly is not safe to be at home so 'they' are currently assessing her and deciding what to do. Respite care has been discussed and SM, medics and I all agree. However, we now have to wait for Social Services to assess, agree and find a place. Easier said than done, I fear image.

Unsurprisingly, MS and I are spending quite a lot of time at the hozzie. I am very tired and more than a little sore image. I will look in when I can.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

• Sludgy, such a long process that helps no one until a decision, but yes, respite seems the better option ...my Nan had a whale of a  hers image

im in the middle of 3 night shifts at the moment, I thought I had posted early hours of this morning but clearly not !

i see DL has been kicking tumbleweed about the place ...

fartypants that is some pace there madam, never excuse yourself for beating everyone who didn't show up image

commute is not much fun at the moment, thick fog and a bit frosty/icy in places

• morning all

((((Sluggy))) it does sound like respite would be a good call - that way she could be properly assessed and see how she gets on in a care environment, If she is agreeing to this you are very lucky it's so hard otherwise. Also it may give you and MS a bit of a break knowing she is being cared for

hopefully club run for me this evening. I'm not one for moaning about the winter because I don't mind the cold but I just feel like I'm seeing no daylight during the week - boo

• I've signed up for a breeze bike ride on Saturday, with misgivings as I haven't done much for a while (but there's a coffee and cake stop halfway, so that makes 2 shorter rides) but it's cold and windy!! More misgivings .. but forecast better for Saturday ...

hope the respite works out Sluggie. So hard.

• evening

sluggie - gosh what a tough time for you all. Hope something gets sorted soon

podds - hope all is ok, are you recovered from the fall now

looking forward to the weekend....but weather too crap for me to be cycling outside - pippi you are a better woman than I am

welcome harleygirl

• ((((Sluggy))))) navigating social care is never easy, especially not at the minute image good luck xx

Pippi, my sister is on that ride too, how funny! Keep an eye out and tell me if she gets up to any mischief image

I'm on a train back from London, yawnity yawn. Been a long day! But it did involve 3 hours in the pub at the end so I can't complain too much... image

Stupid signal, will come back when it's not being so erratic...
  • SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

Evening all,

(((JFF))), yes I remember that feeling of not seeing daylight from one end of the week to the other image. However, it is definitely starting to get light earlier in the mornings, so things are getting better.

Daffs, 3 hours in the pub sounds just right!

Melds, a long string of nights sounds horrible image BTW, I'm not sure if you called me 'Sludgy' on purpose? image Actually, it's prolly pretty accurate! image

It looks as if Mum is going to become one of those things we here so much about  - A Bed Blocker. She will be on the ward until SS have seen, assessed, come up with a plan and a way of acting on it (respite places are few and far between). I need to find a way of keeping her content but still getting to my own activities. In other words - Having a life.

MS not well today, he has a hacking cough and a sore throat to go with it. He has elected to stay in the lounge tonight - partly because he is better off upright and partly because I threatened dire retribution if he keeps me awake again tonight image

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

• would I   image

Pippi, the forecast for the weekend is much better, although probably a bit damper as well .. Daffs, whats your excuse !

MS has my sympathies if its the same germs that I had .. pigging awful

Farty pants the days are getting somewhat longer now which is nice but when you have day upon day of fog its hard to realise!

For those not on FB, the abridge summary on getting home this morning.

key in door. no ginger one cascading down the stairs

boots off, bags down and wander into the kitchen, still no ginger one

wonder if I've been burgled as kitchen looks like a bomb site

locate ginger one 'lurking' by my bed

realise he is not alone

locate pretty grey & white cat traumatised after spending a night chez Meldy

grey & white cat does wall of death in desperate bid for freedom in all rooms

more ornaments and obstacles flying

Grey & white cat locates freedom

ginger one comes down for breakfast

Meldy goes to bed after clearing up

• ... Cat flap is locked in AND out tonight !!

• Morning All

Hope you get something sorted out soon Sluggie image

Yep Meldy - I saw that on FB although I rather liked the alternative back story one of your friends came up with!!

Pippi - I've looked at those rides both as a way to get back on my bike but also possibly down the line to become a ride leader but actually they expect an awful lot of you if you are the leader

MC - ribs getting there thanks, off the painkillers now but still uncomfortable sleeping, moving in bed, coughing and sneezing, poo picking up... image    I guess I sadly have to face up to the fact that I'm an old bird now and don't bounce as well as I used to...............

Did you get out on your run JFF?  I do so agree with you re the misery of going to work in the dark, missing daylight being in work and then going home in the dark too.. image  .............seems to make everything drag...........

On the good news side though, Tom didn't piddle up the traffic cone at dog training this week image  He still can't cope with Leo the spaniel puppy (who is adorable I must say!) but is getting better with other dogs overall.........but there is still a long way to go!  

I took the DG too this week for company but I think he got quite bored tied to a chair lying on his bed and generally being perfect.........but on the other hand he also demonstrated to all the others how good greyhounds can be.........not the impression they get from Tom!!!!

• DLDL ✭✭✭

howdie! 

Sounds like more excitement than a ginger cat can cope with. Thank you magnetic cat flap from saving us from such adventures!

(((((Sluggie and SM)))))

I'm having an aaarrrggghhhh week - they have moved some of the fans and got some new ones in - this has meant there are more targets and more direct hits. May be time for me to look to new horizons - if only I could be bothered!

We have a weekend of 18th birthday celebrations looming  - be afraid, be very afraid.

• DL I'm seriously contemplating one that reads the chip but I'm not sure it can penetrate the *muscle* image

• Lol at the cats! Pippette eventually got one only to find her cat is too much of a wuss to use it/go out for more than a minute, plus the tom from next door comes in to eat all the food! She's given up on it for now ...

I've just looked - Sister of Daffs is on a different ride. Mine is 25 miles around Wirral. I'm sure I'll bump into her eventually - but not literally I hope.

TGIF - we are all grouchy. With one person in particular. image Who doesn't know what she's talking about - she umms and aaahs and can't finish a sentence at the best of times, now tells us we have to have several pieces of paper filled in and photocopied pieces of work stapled to them ... for Monday ... she told us what to do in December and it didn't sound like that! Plus she says things like "you need the other sheet" "the one I got on the course" etc so it's the blind leading the blind really. Humph!!

Rant over

Kung Hey Fat Choy! There's prawn crackers in the kitchen!

• Been on the sauce Pippi??!

• Well the bike ride was "fun"! Cold and wet but only a bit of drizzle while we were actually out. 2 miles out, on of the group got a puncture which proved very tricky. After waiting round and getting cold, a few of us cycled a mile or two down the road and back to keep moving. When we got back a passing male cyclist had stopped to help, and he'd nearly given up, but had one last try and got the tyre back on! We cut the ride shrot and went straight to the coffee stop where we met the other half of the ride. I don't know quite how far we went as I didn't measure it at the time. It felt like enough though. I must get out a bit more often! 

• Me and Barlos did about 35 miles today, great fun and missed the rain image

just  frontlined the GPO ...I love revenge

• SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

Evening all,

Meldy, sounds as if the ginger one had great fun terrorising the intruder. We have a (large) microchip flap for Alf as he kept losing his collars with the magnets on.

Well cycled Pippi, I'm all for shrot rides image

DL, dodging excrement doesn't sound fun at all image Mind you, nor do 18th birthday celebrations! image

Sorry that you are still so sore Podds, I do hope you are soon properly mended. It does sound as if Tom is getting there - it is the location of 'there' that could be a problem image

MS is feeling slightly better - enough to be bored but not enough to actually do anything! I have a tickly cough and a slight sniffle  . . .

SM has been moved to another ward. The constant moving doesn't do anything to help orientate her - but I guess the hosp would tell me that I can take her home if I don't like it! No visit from SS yet, I am hoping that someone will put in an appearance sooner, rather than later, after the weekend.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

• YumsYums ✭✭✭
    Good evening people.

So sorry to her SM has been doing geriatric gymnastics, Sluggy but good to know she's not done any serious damage. I sincerely hope she gets out of the hospital environment and somewhere more suitable soon.

Only 35 miles m.......... eldy image Youre slacking image I did laugh at the GPO unexpected sleep over friend. I can see why the arrival of pretty moggy's future ma in law is pretty scary image

DL, OH doing a social work degree is admirable and they'll be no shortage of foster kids to bring home. You mention a training plan. What you training for?

Oh dear, our WAISTER teachers don't seem very content image Perhaps you should make a trip to outlaw 1/2 Pippi. You could ride with Mrs lollipop ( I have a recollection of Mrs lollipop being a forumite, Daffy.

Dragon lady. That's some pretty impressive walking scenery and mileage there image

Podds, Tom sounds rather like cush with other dogs. She was fine once she knew them. She even had a little yorkie friend called daisy image Bless Tom's cottons. And lol at DG. He always has been greyhound poster boy image.

Super running, Mrs Farfar. Love the idea of being first old lady home image

Life here is much the same. Miniyums 2 passed his driving test last week. No 1 has been on an in to work scheme at my place of employment so I get to meet him for lunch sometimes. Next week looks as though it's bringing temporary work for Vodafone for him. I have finally ordered a new bed. My current one is 19years old. Run club is going through a rough patch. Several committee members including race director for our 10k in May. So tomorrow I'm trail running with another local club who I've run with in the past