working at it slowly

Comments

• arghhhh, was just reading the old forum, refreshed the page and now I am here! 
  • It’s like being in a Harry Potter movie - the cyber portkey is whooshing us about all over the place!
  • and I can't bookmark this thread! It isn't indexed either - will just be pot luck finding it each day!
  • I have it on my Favourites, they won’t hide from me, no sir! If we can’t do a sit in on the old place, we’ll just make a nuisance of ourselves in here! Meldy, fire up the GPO we’re likely to need a front line guard :D
  • Pippi LSPippi LS ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I like that we can like other posts. However, not that I have to search for us. It does look as if this is being addressed ... Now I'd better see if I can bookmark us.
    I havent' read back. I'm about to read 25 stories ...
  • Dog, I'm glad I'm not the only one! I couldn't find us anywhere (why aren't we pinned to the top of Beginners any more??) and finally thought of using the search box. Bliddy good to see you all, I was wondering if we'd been hammered into a thousand pieces and would never get together again!

The only two substantive comments I could see were..
    Steady, of course you can join in! Good to have you. Come on, like Sluggie says, and tell us everything! (You can talk about running or anything else you fancy, we're not fussy   :)

And now I see we don't get emoticons in the same way either. 

And the other thing is, Sluggie, it's very good news that SM is at last going to go somewhere that she can be reliably and properly looked after. I can see why it wasn't a very nice way for them to arrive at the decision, but it has to be a big relief, after so many months of increasing worry. I do hope they can get her settled before your hols, so you can really relax for the first time in quite a while, knowing she is really getting the care she needs. 

I'm just dashing in to see where everyone is. Packing madly at the moment as we are off to France tomorrow at the lovely hour Meldy always describes poetically as 'sparrow's fart'. Only going for 13 days but C2 and his gf want to come down for a quiet week, they're both tired out and really need a rest. So it's get down there, spend 3 days frantically trying to locate the garden under all the fallen leaves and weeds, pick up kids, look after them for a week, put them back on plane, drive back to NL. It sounded sensible when we planned it ;-) 

And I just have to say again: Meldy is a goddess. I love her. She was the one who worked out why I couldn't walk properly.  I was really getting scared that there was something seriously wrong but thanks to Meldy's hint, and lots of hip stretches and glute exercises, things are hugely better and I hope i can start chugging again in the next few weeks. Fingers crossed! 

See you on the flip side, always assuming RW hasn't tucked you away in such a hidden corner that I can't find you any more!!  :'(  Have a happy Tuesday all xxx
  • chugs - good news that you are getting better!
    half term - so of course I now have a stinking cold and feel rubbish - no doubt I will be better by next Monday  :(
  • I've bookmarked us, but it says I have no bookmarks (although there is a (1) next to the bookmarks link!) However, this thread does show up in notifications - the bell - now Chuggy has said something ... hitches and hiccups!
  • I have found if you 'bookmark' or star the thread that you get notifications each time someone posts ... I love you all dearly but I dont need an email each time someone coughs  :smile:
  • I don't even know how to either bookmark or star the thread :-( How do we find ourselves again? And will we ever look normal after this? These weird green and blue icons that look like someone who's been gagged, don't really appeal! 

And Pippi, where are these notifications that you seem to get? I'm not getting anything in my email. 

MC, how predictable, but how rotten to be feeling poorly just as half term begins. Sods law. Maybe a couple of really nice long sleeps will put it behind you so you can enjoy at least some of your free time!

I'm off to bed, but if anybody works out how this system is supposed to operate, do tell the rest of us! Sleep tight, lovely WAISters. xx
  • I found us thanks to Cougie who was complaining about this sub forum not working properly. I think I would still be crying in the wilderness otherwise!
  • YumsYums ✭✭✭
    Oh WTF is going on.  My post Sunday did appeared and now I'm in here.  Couldn't find thread,  now can't save/bookmark so won't find it again,  Can't find RW towers rant button and seem to be stuck in 2009.  Aaaaargh.  It's like a chuffing padded cell :'(

No idea what's happening but feel RW  Towers should sort some PTSD therapy for me. 

In other news I visited foreign parts yesterday and me a lovely chap called Tom and renewed my acquaintance with the regal Diamond Geezer and Elvis.  It was lovely to see their human again too  :)
  • I don't have a bell................and have tried to bookmark this but it won't let me currently..........it did let me bookmark another thread but as there's no activity on it currently I don't know if that will generate notifications or not...........

In other news the boys are very tired today due to their much welcomed visitor yesterday...........Tom tried very hard to be good but it didn't quite come off but he found that by cuddling to his Aunty Yums that she'd love him anyway :)

Right need to finish some reorganising of my house which needs to be done before Mr P returns this evening and then off to work!!

Later peeps
  • morning! Sleep would be nice, but due to snotty nose I am struggling with sleeping...
    but I did figure out how to turn off notifications because my email was filling up with them! And only from this thread - I need to find the other threads I normally hang around on too...
  • DLDL ✭✭✭
    Morning
    It feels kind of Scandinavian in its minimalism. With a hint of MI5 in it's secrecy. I am sure in a week or three we won't even remember the old site. 

Ooh Yums. Lucky you meeting the heavenly  houndies. Sounds like a fun day was had by all. 

Hope your trip is trouble free Chuggy

(((lurgified educationalists)))

I ran for 25 minutes without stopping this morning. It was at this point when I first started that I asked the question 'does it ever get any easier?' sadly I know the answer so why do we all continue!!???

Fostering review today. Have had a shower and everything. 

Happy Valentines day. May your roses be red and your varicose veins blue. 
  • DLDL ✭✭✭
    Apologies. I was distracted by the bare walls and added a stray and unnecessary apostrophe. I don't want to let standards slip in this new technological age where language is evolving beyond agreed grammatical parameters. 

• Just you keep your apostrophes to yourself young lady :)  Hope the review goes well.......

I am at work and bored already.........I too have had a revisit of the snot monster so I have now got to 14th Feb and not managed a single bit of training due to the combo of snot monsters, bad throats and ribs...........

Can we rewind and start 2017 again and do it better please????
  • DL - hope the review has gone well
    podds - sorry to hear you are still suffering, and at work to make it even worse! Exam season will soon be upon us and then you won't be bored!
  •  morning all

great news on you log Chuggs

good news on SM too Sluggy - does SM know she is moving? is she OK about it?

why do I have to search for us? very odd indeed

• Yes quite MC!

Today I sent out all the invigilator bookings for external Art exams and 2 weeks of mock exams for Y11 based on when people said they would be available cross referenced ro requirements........and already 3 have come back with dates they now can't do.................

They're a very good team but I sometimes think they don't quite understand the problems it causes when they drop out!!!

• Pippi LSPippi LS ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I don't have a belll, sorry, it's a world icon at the top which gives me notifications - that's useful - but fingers crossed no emails (I made that mistake once, years ago) (edit - I've looked and I do have emails, but they are all sent to a 'running' sub-folder so I hardly ever see them!).
    I can't change my avatar to a photo ...
    <3Happy Valentine's Day! Have a choccy!
  • WTF did that one come from  ?? :-)
  • Ignore me ... It seemed to post on a 2013 thread and then when I pressed submit it came up on the recent one ??    I think I need a lie down in a darkened room :smile:

• DLDL ✭✭✭
    Morning chaps
    Found the hidden key under the mat and said the magic words to reveal our existence. 

Hope work became less boring and that you found some available invigilators Podds.

Hope the shot is receding

Any closer to getting SM sorted Sluggie?

Went to quiz night with friends last night and failed to win. May go to Track and see if I can pick up some cut price flowers or chocolates. Who said the age of romance is dead.

Review went well yesterday. Another year until we need to jump through hoops.

Happy Wednesday. Hope a little sunshine comes your way
  • DLDL ✭✭✭
    Auto correct obviously doesn't like snot either!
  • DLDL ✭✭✭
    Track = Tesco. 

I need to check before hitting submit in this strange new world
  • Dog this is dire.............. I used to have an avatar and now I haven't...........some toerag snuck into the lounge and stole it!

I get notifications in the little world symbol but no emails............

I am supposed to give blood today but am going to cancel as I'm too full of cold...........what a PITA for half term!!!
  • DLDL ✭✭✭
    I can see your avatar Podds. Maybe it's just gotten a bit shy in its new surroundings.

50% off flowers. OH is one lucky lady  ;)
  • I can see your avatar podds! I am also really p$$ed off with being ill for half term. I feel sorry for the kids because I normally do stuff with them but just don't feel up to it :(