working at it slowly

Comments

• Well my avatar now seems to be back..............*sigh*................

Best to get yourself well again MC - I really needed to work at least 3 days this week but have decided that it's more important to get well..........and I've had to cancel today's blood donation too

Woohoo - does OH know just how lucky she is DL?  :p
  • Have you noticed that whichever page you are on there is a comment box at the bottom ??

Hope you are feeling better soon Podds, this virus is hanging around a good long time

Day 7 of 7 for me and I am very glad to see the end !
  • DLDL ✭✭✭
    Morning all

OH knows how hard I try - she often says I'm very trying.

Hope the lurgies are abating. You want to get a bit of vitamin D down you! Apparently.

I have just been out and run for another 25 minutes without pause or collapse. That's me done for the week. 7 weeks done and dusted. Could someone check that I haven't been invaded by the body snatchers??

Do you think RW will ever discover us? Do we need a secret handshake or something?

Happy Thursday - hope the sun shines where you are
  • morning all
    DL - I read that about the vit D. Might try getting a decent multivitamin - I do seem to be ill half the time at the moment! Well done on the running.
    I am actually up and dressed, so doing better than yesterday. Trying to get the kids up is another matter though
  • Morning - we've all gone seasick again...........or perhaps it's just the way I use to find us that makes all go green.........
    I think RW have pretty much signed the death warrant on their forums.......which is pretty dumb and short sighted!
  • A pal of mine maintains that anyone living in this country needs a top up of Vit D daily ..

I have a day off yayyy :smile:
    Tomorrow I am off to the seaside for the weekend, with some lady pierights for my (belated) birthday, I may manage a parkrun but that will be all

At least *we* can find us, I quite like that no one else can :smiley:

• have a good weekend meldy
    feeling more human today so went for a walk in the forest with my youngest - had a lovely walk, managed not to get lost and ended up having chip butty in the cafe where we had parked for lunch :)
  • I haven't gone green (although I do recycle ...)
    This is annoying though, isn't it?
    I've been to Narnia today! honestly! We went in through the wardrobe and everything!
  • Did I tell you about Pippette being unwell - dizzy and headaches? It turns out she has a vitamin deficiency, one being vitamin D, although the nurse said not to worry, she'd be okay once it got to spring. But as she said, she hardly sees daylight in the winter - doesn't even row much outside.
    Also has a vitamin B 12 deficiency - I know so many people diagnosed with this in the past few years! They don't yet know if it is a chronic deficiency. My colleague needs injections every 6 weeks and you can see her drooping when she doesn't get it in time. We don't yet know if Pippette isn't absorbing B12 through the stomach lining which is what happens with my colleague.
  • YumsYums ✭✭✭
    Morning :)

Sorry school people are snotified when you should be having a fun,  relaxing time.  

DL,  I feel for OH.  You keep her locked away and we never see her.  Is there really a woman who is able to live in your bizarre world long term  :)

I would just like to say that Tom is a sweetheart. He won me over as soon as I arrived when he jumped up on the sofa next to me and put his head in my lap and got  ever so sleepy.  I never should have started telling him m......... eldy's life story

Sluggy,  where is SM going? 

Bon voyage,  Chuggy. 

I have e mail notifications :o

• I'm here and now I have an avatar but the rest of you are seasick!

Where are you going Melds?  Coast was lovely yesterday but a bit grey today I'm afraid!  Hope you have a good time anyway :) 

Today I have dropped the car off to get the seat belt fixed (sorry Yums!!) and took Frankie and Tom with me and then we walked back - only a mile or so........did notice that Frankie is beginning to feel his age having 2 walks in 1 morning... :(
    I will now (school) work from home and also try to finally catch up with my tri club admin........so much excitement!!!

Hope Pippette can be cured without the need for jabs Pippi.............

Glad you're feeling a bit better MC - although assuming like me you go back on Monday that's kind of inevitable isn't it....
  • morning
    this avatar thing is weird
    anyway, hope pippette feels better soon
    I am starting to feel better, and yes, I go back on Monday. I have an awful cough so not going to attempt running, but I am going to try to get out for a walk later

I have done some hoovering. I also cleared out my gym bag, which to be honest I haven't used for ages, it has been gathering dust. There were 12 pairs of spare knickers, about 20 hair bands, one arm warmer...all a bit random...I do go the gym occasionally but tend to go straight from home so don't need a bag with changing stuff most of the time
  • Morning All

I am off to the kennels shortly and then to an "Escape Room" in Canterbury.......should be interesting!

Hope you all have fab weekends.....

PS is Sluggy posting as I can't see her but wasn't sure if she was on her hollibobs yet......
  • Evening all,
    Sorry to hear that Podds and MC have got the half-term lurgy :( Hope you are both feeling better soon.

Chuggy, I hope the journey down to France went smoothly and that you have managed to dig your way out of the pile of leaves.

DL, are you still classed as FC's fosterers?

Yumms, how lucky you are to have met Tom, and renewed your acquaintance with the DG and Elvis :)

I am still trying to find somewhere that a) can cater for Mum's needs and b) will not charge more than SS want to pay. It is not easy! It would be ideal if the place were near enough for me to visit easily, but it looks as if that is too much to ask.

I was told during the week that SM has bowel cancer with some spinal secondaries. She is currently not in any pain, which is the main thing. We will not be looking at any active treatment as she would not understand what was happening or why. She is 91 next month and none of us can live for ever. 

I am finding the daily trips over to the hospital very tiring, hence not spending as much time on the comp, so please forgive me for my sporadic appearances. Roll on Wednesday!

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx
  • ((((Sluggie))))) you are having a hard time of it. I assume Wednesday is cruise day? Enjoy it - you deserve it!

I'm on half term now, and thankfully lurgy free so far. There was a charity run up and down the prom on Friday night Saturday morning, but I didn't join in. Pippette rang as I got home to ask if I was going, but I wa s tired and headaches. I didn't even do parkrun, waking up a little croaky, and I know in the past when I've run with a bit of a cold, it has sometimes turned nasty. Anyway I turned over and slept until 10 which did me the world of good! I spent a lot of yesterday marking and assessing maths and science ... English still to do.

pippette and I went to a local fabric remnant shop as it's World Book Day when we go back .
    I got fake fur so I can be Fantastic Mr Fox ( we have a Roald Dahl theme) and she's going as Miss Havisham for a Victorian theme. She found one of my old dress patterns, so stayed with us to use the sewing machine and my advice/ expertise!
  • morning
    ((slugs)) sorry to hear about SM. 
    pippi - hope you stay lurgy free for half term, shame you seem to be spending it marking and preparing for work! So glad I don't have to the dressing up stuff! And glad that my kids aren't primary aged any more so I don't have to do costumes for them, although they often chose to be Alex Rider on world book day :D 
  • I am doing lots of school work now as I'm off to London on Tuesday and will have not time to put it off. Also, quite nice to go back without it hanging over me! I'm not always very conscientious about it in the holidays ...
  • Was saying to Sluggie to look after yourself as with SM, moving and your back, you've got a lot on your plate right now
  • Podds, 'escape room' sounds very 'fifty shade of grey'(hound)!!

Pippi, not sure if it wss here I posted but a pal of mine maintains that most females in this country are in need of vit d top up, we simply do not have enough exposure to it

sluggy, all sounds quite tiring, I hope you manage to have a good trip away, any news dare I ask on the flat ?

Yums, you'll keep ;-)

have had a lovely weekend by the seaside, beautiful weather, bright blue skies and everything. Parkrun didn't enough touch the amount of calories needed to offset the amount we consumed!! Some lovely presents to bring him including an orchid that has a death sentence already :smile:
  • Pippi LSPippi LS ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I'm just posting because I posted by mistake and can't undo it, only overwrite it. Pippette has made her Miss Havisham dress and looks suitably deranged, especially with some 80s accessories from her mum who never throws anything out - a cream-white 'Fergie bow' (now they've come back bigger as Jo Jo Bows ?) and some lacy fingerless mittens.
  • Sounds like an excellent outfit Pippette's made! would also love to see you dressed as fox :D 

(((((((Sluggy amd SM)))))) sorry to hear news and that navigating 'care' system is so damn hard :( hope you can figure out something suitable x

((((((Waisters poorly and well)))))

Luigi has been with me since last Wednesday and I'm having a bit of a sense of humour failure. arm hurts too (probably too much typing/painting). Generally starting to feel old which is quite pathetic given I'm not even that close to 40 yet! 

Daft bike ride (62 miles) is in 4.5 weeks, longest I've cycled for months is about 6 miles... training going pretty normally... :smiley:

I'm actually liking the new website - might actually read some stuff now I can see it properly! i noticed we showed as the most recent' beginners thread on the front page, but when I just clicked the beginners link we werent there... tis like some kind of secret society :D also lkke that I can do smileys on phone, woo hoo! :smiley: oh, there are only five of them - sure I saw a surprised face earlier (maybe that was just Mr Cheery :D )
  • DLDL ✭✭✭
    Morning all

(((((Sluggie and SM))))) hope there is a little light at the end of the tunnel

Hope the shift change for the half term teachers goes smoothly

((((lugified)))) OH has caught a cold. I am avoiding her.

Sluggie - I think it was you that asked. Although we are officially still foster carers as we passed our assessment and are on the books for referrals we are no longer FC's foster carers because she is 18. So she is now officially XFC. Really she's now just family!

Do you think Podds escaped her escape room? 

A day at home. I was supposed to get up and run. week 8 is proving to be tricky already!

Happy sparkly new week - hope it brings something exciting

• I am trying not to imagine Podds in her 'room' !   I suspect it would feature dog leads and bonios

I am back at w*rk, how rude ... I'm ready for home tho   
  • I'll find you a picture tomorrow.........
  • morning all I've been away all weekend to Mr FF's nephew's wedding - it was fab

I was hoping this site would be in a better state but I still had to search for this thread - its all a bit rubbish

((((Sluggy)))) tough times and hard for you to try and organise things - I hope you can find somewhere suitable for SM soon and that will take the pressure off you xxx

• Evening all,

It sounds as if fat too many WAISTers are still playing (reluctant) host to Luigi  :( Hope you are all feeling better soon.

Also hope that Podds escaped eventually.

Things seem to be progressing with our house move, we hope to be in around Easter ( we were told that it takes longer to convey a flat).

Mum went into the care home today. In the end the only choice I had was whether she went today, while I was around to offer reassurance, or let the hospital and SW do it later. The home is far from perfect - apart from anything else, it is beyond my comfortable driving limit. However, it was the only place available that could give the care SM needs, so that was it. I phoned up a couple of hours ago and the staff said she seems to have settled OK.

And we are off on our cruise tomorrow  :)

(((WIN)))

• DLDL ✭✭✭
    Morning all

Have a fantastic cruise Sluggy. Good to know SM will be settled in somewhere that can care properly for her. Must be a load off your mind. 

I love a wedding Farty. There aren't many discos these days, but a wedding always provides the opportunity for a good boogie!

I am in Sidcup. I lived round this way about 20 years ago. It has changed I don't recognise anything. I don't imagine I have!

Happy Wednesday. Hope the lurgies recede and the good times roll