working at it slowly

Comments

• And why does it say I have 2 book marks but only show me one?
  • podds - so sorry to hear about your friend, fingers crossed the op goes well 
  • morning all

oh Podds yes that does indeed put things into perspective

poor Neville :(

when I logged onto the forum today it did look like the threads were in latest used order - but not us. do you think RW is trying to get rid of us?

• DLDL ✭✭✭
    Morning 
     (((((Podds' friend & nearest and dearest))))) positive vibes south eastwards.

Neville looked like a fine fellow

Hope you're feeling better MC

Turbulent times at work at the moment. Big changes, redundancies, new people stirring things up, old people undermining the newbies. I really don't like game playing.

Went to quiz night last night at local pub. Spoke to London niece who had won at her local last week and their team pocketed £1,000. We had to make do sharing a £20 voucher for drinks to be shared between the 5 of us. Slightly took off the shine!! Saying that £4 next week - may have a glass of wine if I go small!

Unexpected day working from home. I have my running kit on ready.
    Ready for a cup of tea or something, sadly not motivated to run yet!

Happy Spring. Woke up with ' Spring has sprung, the grass has ris, I wonder where the boidies is' I my head. Wondering where that came from.
  • We buried Neville by the paddock, it's made me very much aware I'm not digging another hole for either of my two  :D

had a very nice evening last night in the company of Levison Wood and, sadly, a whole theatre full of others ..,,highly entertaining!
  • morning all

I have to say I really don't care for RW anymore - if it wasn't for you lot I certainly wouldn't bother

I have no idea who Levison Wood is?

• DLDL ✭✭✭
    Morning?

Levison Wood - is that near Virginia Water?

I only come here as no-one listens to me in real life!

I managed to drag myself out for a run this morning having spent all day in my running kit yesterday before admitting defeat and getting changed. I didn't do what I was supposed to, but at least I did a bit.

Can I also just say - teenagers - aaarrrggghhhhh. They are bliddy infuriating and exhausting at times.

It is sunny here today - hope it's shining on you too
  • DL - I feel for you, I personally am sick to the back teeth of my teenage son....

starting to feel better now and even ran yesterday and had a great run
  • morning and just to let you know mine are in their 20s and they are still a bliddy nuisance! they are like some nocturnal animal
  • morning. I concur with opinion on this grim website. 

and just to let you know, mine are in their mid 30s to 40s - they still have unrestricted access to my bank account - at least that what they seem to believe! Not that I would be without them  :D
    One good thing, they’ve stopped bouncing back - the elastic has finally been snapped :smiley:
  • DLDL ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Grim? It's no fairytale!

How come Farty Pants gets 3 stars after her name?

I dragged myself out for another run this morning. A number of unofficial walk breaks have snuck back in. I just can't  seem to do the whole running  without pause thing.What's that all about then?

OH's birthday tomorrow so I am sneaking off to panic buy in a minute. Eeeeeek.

Happy Friday - hope 5 pm or thereabouts brings you liquid relief.

• Pippi LSPippi LS ✭✭✭
    DL I run-walk, just because it works and I'm not too interest d in making it difficult for myself, just in getting out there. I think I'm less likely to strain something as I'm getting older too!
    Parkrunned. Nearly didn't as I'm a bit niggly, but I think that might be lack of exercise. I'm so glad I went. It's a glorious morning, sun, blue skies and daffodils, with a bit of blossom too. By the third lap, you could feel the warmth of the sun! 
    Happy Saturday!
  • hi all

wish I had run today - I went to a new spinning class that had been recommended to me, but the instructor didn't turn up. By the time the staff had figured out the instructor was ill, had actually emailed the manager yesterday, but as the manager was on his days off nobody knew.... it was too late to get to parkrun. And I wasn't wearing my running shoes. So went into the gym and discovered that they have some bikes set up in front of a big tv and you can do a virtual spinning class (following a video basically) was a good workout then off to swimming...

run is scheduled for tomorrow when it is going to chuck it down!
  • Pippi LSPippi LS ✭✭✭
    We went to Liverpool to force Mr P to choose presents for his significant birthday coming up soon. Met up with Pippette too. We two managed to buy walking trousers, tops, technical Ts, etc, while Mr P still ummm-ing and ah-ing. He did eventually find a padded jacket to get though it is being sent online. 
    It poured in the afternoon after all that promise this morning ...
    I see Podds is doing some serious training ...
  • I noticed Podds was doing some sort of ' training' too ..!

i parkrunned yesterday at Wycombe, followed by a swim in the lido, two hot chocolates and off to work for the evening ...quicker parkrun than the last one a few weeks ago :smile:

FGO done and time for a quick read back befor I go off to work again
    i must say for its faults the forum is much easier on a mobile phone but is very much let down by the fact that nothing appears in order!
  • YumsYums ✭✭✭
    Good evening.  My apologies for being absent.  *leaves note on M........ eldy,  Podds n pippi's desks*

I too see Podds us cross training under the guise of a 'fitness'weekend.  Looks as though she's trying out various alcofrolic refuelling options. 

Sluggy I'm sorry I wasn't there to run alongside the cruise ship,  waving my hanky and sobbing. So sorry to hear SM diagnosis.  I'm glad she's settling and you've been able to get away.   My friend's dad has lung cancer but because he had dementia he has forgotten he's ill. 

Podds,  sad news about pal in tri club.  I do hope they can help get her well again.  How is Tom? Bless DG feeling his age.  He'll be joining Elvis on the pensioner sofa soon :-)

Goodness,  DL,  running for 25 mins and then you fell off the waggon.  So FC is family now.  How luffly.  If you continue to keep your foster kids you could need a bigger house :-)

Chuggy,  sorry to hear about your break in.  Regardless of what they took,  It's horrible to know they've been in your home.  

Mmmmmm MC,  can't beat a chip butty  :-) 

Pippi,  how was Narnia? Poor Pippette being deficient.  But B12 is essential to red blood cell formation I think  Vit D deficiency is quite debilitating and takes a few months to restore levels. 

Daffy,  I'm heartened to hear you've finally started training.  For your bike ride.  Possible new home sounds good.  Fingers crossed it works out. 

JFF,  a wedding,  How lovely.  Poor nephew.  May Dog have mercy on him :-) That's a pretty nifty 1/2 Mara time :-)

M........... eldy,  very sad to hear of dear Neville's demise :-( How are you adjusting to your new glasses? 

Usual stuff here.  Mother had her new suite delivered yesterday.  I thoroughly enjoyed plugging her electric chair in :-) Work is... I'm struggling not to get thoroughly chuffed off by others behaviour however today I've been on a wimmins retreat and I'm restored at least temporarily.  Just going to concentrate on my own stuff... simples...  :-)

• DLDL ✭✭✭
    Morning all

Well runned, virtually spun, retreated and swum. I'll have you know I got to 28 minutes Yums - just the once - but those extra 3 minutes were what done me in I think! 

Twas OH's birthday on Saturday. We went to Brighton for the day - we hadn't planned to. It's a long way. However it enabled 9 middle aged ladies to dine, drink and talk hot flushes. 

Not sure we'll need the extension Yums - had a few challenging weeks with XFC. Thinks she thought everything would change when she was 18. She's talking of moving out so she can do what she wants without question or argument.

The sun is trying to shine here - hoorah - hope it shines on you and provides you with a sparkly new week full of joy and wonder
  • morning all

DL I think young people struggle with the concept that although they are over 18 they still need to respect the house rules of the people who actually pay for the place.

happy birthday to DL's OH and Mr P :)

I've managed to get some miles in this weekend so I think I can dare to enter a marafun. the one race per month thing is keeping me motivated

• Evening chums

Yums, I like the electric chair option....!

Farty, do you have a marathon in mind? I'm doing Loch Ness in September 

has as anyone actually seen Podds since her 'fitness weekend'??!

lovely day again today, FGO has been out with no clothes on, still quite clean !!

2 night shifts to go and then I have a weekend at the O2 for C2C which I am very much looking forwards to
  • DL! Sorry forgot you ... I'm sure a few months on her own as an 18 year old will serve well to remind her how easy it was being 16  :)
  • Evening All

I am still alive just about.........

Fitness weekend was a hoot............way too much alcofrol Friday night (I'm a lightweight compared to the other 3!) and somehow ended up on vodka Saturday night ........and I can't remember the last time I drank vodka!!

On the plus side however I did do 5 classes on the Saturday and 2 Sunday morning (which is more than the last year or so put together!) so all wasn't lost.......and it was quite a mix:
    - body balance
    - baila baila fiesta
    - body combat
    (then a walk on camber sands to clear my head and watch dogs and 'osses)
    - spin (the women who ride with wolves)
    - hydrofighter
    - pound - rockout workout
    - bollywood vibes

I now need a holiday!
  • morning all

now that sounds like a good fitness weekend Podds :)

what's C2C Melds? and yes I am definitely thinking of doing Loch Ness (depending on Mr FF waiting for op appointment) - woohoo

• evening

crappy day at work but home and relaxing on the sofa now!

podds, glad you survived the weekend!

JFF - I think c2c is a country music thing in London
  • DLDL ✭✭✭
    Have tried to post twice and failed. It was coherent, caring and educational. 

Instead. Hi hope all is well
  • DLDL ✭✭✭
    Said I'd like to go to C2C
  • DLDL ✭✭✭
    But not Podds' fitness weekend
  • DLDL ✭✭✭
    Said Ofsted has ruined my week. I am somewhere else when I should be at home
  • DLDL ✭✭✭
    Short messages work then!
  • Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭
    Lol DL! :smiley:

Excellent fitnessing podds! but yes it does sound like you need a holiday...

I cycled another 10 miles before work on Monday. saw a deer! someonne sent my sister nutritional advice for bike ride - all i took in was 'tea' and 'jam sandwiches cut into triangles'. Reckon the triangles must have been important or she wouldn't have mentioned them so am planning other triangular foods (toblerone, pizza) to help with speedy forward motion (leaning like a triangle)

:smiley: