working at it slowly

Comments

• Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭
    Excellent news for C3! :):):) 

Hooray for meeting up with Podds, Yummity :) Lovely to see a waister meet, even a mini one!

((((tiredy Meldys)))) maybe GPO will look after you and bring you some dinner? :D 

Hope your throat clears Pippi 

Crikey Sluggs, ALL your units fell off?!  :# Oddly enough, something similar happened to my colleague, but it was just one cupboard, and it had been up for 20 years - but in the same week?! Outrageous!! I'd be expecting a replacement, an apology, and quite possibly a bloody full refund for the inconvenience! Grrr. 

Went to see another house yesterday - sadly I think this is a no as well. I do wonder what the rationale is behind 'hiding' things. We saw this one because it seemed so secluded, and yes, checked vigorously on google earth as we do with everything before we book to view. But this was in a weird little hole that google earth hadn't gone to - good, we thought. But turned out there was actually another house at the end of the garden, with all their windows overlooking your garden. No thanks! Could have saved us, and them, a job by making that clear in the photos... 

Hey ho. 

10 mile bike ride with Mr Cheery today :) Still not run much mind you. Race in 4 weeks... 
  • mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭
    evening

slugs - that is awful about the units! How can the company have managed to put them all up so badly?? Hope they get it sorted quickly

pippi - sorry to hear you are feeling rubbish

Nottingham 10k today - nice race, involved running around that damn lake at Holme Pierrepont, but I enjoyed it, stuck with the 1:15 pacer because I knew my legs are feeling a bit battered and tight so didn't want to push for faster. Got 1:14:51 pleased with that, particularly because my mile splits are very very even. like one a second or two difference between them - I have never managed that before!
  • SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Well done MC, it looks as if the pacer did their job well too!

Daffs, you really do have my sympathy! As you say, there is absolutely no point in trying to hide things that would be blatantly obvious to viewers - it just wastes everyone's time  :#

MS thinks that the correct fixings were not used to attach the units to the plasterboard. Of course, we only know that now that the things have fallen off and the fixings are visible. The company who organised this made all the contact with the fitter, the first time we spoke to him was when he turned up with the salesman on Monday morning. However, the company website says that they only supply the units and 'recommend' a fitter. So we suspect they are going to try and claim they have no responsibility for any mistakes made by the fitter . . .

• back from a week in the sun  so having a quick hello to you all. ((((((((((Podds)))))))
    well done C3 chuggy you must be very proud.
    Got back today to find a pile of mail among which was appointment for Operation on eye 5th June want it done but not liking the idea of the actual opp and after stages. Guess  the 53rd wedding anniversary on the 6th will be spent in hospital.
  • SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Morning all,

(((Westie))), I'm sorry that you need an op - but glad that you won't have to wait much longer. Once it is done, you will be on your way to recovery. I hope all goes well.

(((Podds))) thinking of you.

Hope everyone is enjoying their bank hol. The weather is not as nice here as it was, we had another thunderstorm overnight.

WAIST well xxx
  • Pippi LSPippi LS ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Sluggie, I have a vision of a comedy moment where the doors fall off in unison. Bet you weren't laughing though!

Westie. Good news the op is sooner rather than later. Be brave. Hope it all goes smoothly. X

miserable Bank holiday weather here ....
    westie - hope the op goes well and you have a quick recovery

miserable weather here too, but I got out for  a run, which may have been a mistake because my legs are sooo tired now!
  • SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Pippi, if only the doors had fallen off, it wouldn't have been such a big problem. However, the entire units came off, complete with contents!
  • Blimey Sluggy, bet that made a bit of a clatter!

No storms here, bit of rain today which meant a 2.5hr turbo ...not for the faint hearted

vet'nry for FGO tomorrow morning, bit of an infection in his tail, damn flies

yums, that run sounds fun, pity about the company  :)

MC, gotta love that lake ...not

westie, good to get it done, hope recovery is swift

• YumsYums ✭✭✭

morning :-)

welcome home,westie :-) The eye op is good news although I can understand your anxiety. I'm sure Mrs Westie will be happy to wait until you are well for her anniversary treat :-)

Oh Sluggy!  That's bad ! Someone  could have been badly hurt with those cupboards falling down. I used to have a wooden framed house which had plasterboard walls and we had to use special screws. In those days they had a thick rubber sleeve and when the screw was tightened the rubber compressed into a rubber ring shape so plenty of anchorage on the other side of the plasterboard.  Hopefully the company will put it right asap - seems a schoolboy error if the fitter has used the wrong fittings

Romeo and Julius - fancy that, Pippi :-) Are you on half term ? That would explain why you feel under the weather - all my school worker chums get ill as soon as the holidays start

Well race, MC. Are you running today as well as yesterday ? Mad woman :-)

Daffy, house hunting is a pain. Rarely does the estate agent give an honest appraisal of a property and its potential shortcomings. I recall being sent  details of my own homw to check when I was selling it once. it was so good I almost wanted to stay ;-)

Lengthy storm last night. Just as I dropped off again the house alarm went off so me and my baseball bat came thundering down the stairs. it was the garage again so either there's a fault or I suspect I have meeces out there and they may be setting the motion sensor off. I ran 10 miles this morning. Dear goodness it was a struggle and I was walking like a cowboy by the end.

• DLDL ✭✭✭
    Morning

(((((Podds)))) all the recent difficulties and having to meet up with Yums  ;)

Sorry about waking you up Yums. I was just looking in the garage for that little tin of screws and fixings for Sluggie's cupboards. You really do need to tidy up in there!

Sluggie - hope you get kitchen resolved. It is a basic to know how to fix cupboards , well, if you are a kitchen fitter it certainly is!!

Yay to C3. What fantabulous news.

(((((Westie)))) hope the eye opener goes OK. Think the thought of eye things is much worse than the reality. By the way, my computer keeps trying to change you to Westfield, a popular shopping centre I believe. Perhaps this is how your family sees you?

Had a lovely hot sunny weekend doing nothing much until yesterday when we went to friend's 50th birthday picnic in the rain and wind. 

Need to get myself back into running. How many times can I say that!!!??? Manage about 3 miles walk/run which is mainly walk. Need to get over the impasse that is doing any more/ getting more regular/ running more and walking less/ finding some sort of mojo. Getting a bit marked with myself for being so pathetic!

Happy short week. Hope it brings you something fun.

• DLDL ✭✭✭
    Eye opener? Eye op. What is it with computers trying to make things up for you????
  • morning all

well raced MC! well plodded and cycled Yums and Daffers

yay for WAISter meetings! Yums are you getting to spend a bit more time with your bird now?

blimey Sluggs that could have been dangerous! hope you get it sorted without any hassle

oh house-hunting! nice being nosey but finding what you want and getting someone to buy your house - stress!

Westie at least getting a quick op means you don't have too much time to worry about it - hope all goes well

I had dog training last night - started off awful! he was rather embarrassing and hyper.  but managed to calm down and do quite well in the end. Melds - yes I would love to do the cani-cross with Ned but I think we're a way off yet, concentrating on walking nicely before I do much running with him. took him out for a walk this morning - he is such a happy chap and great fun when there's no other dogs or people about!

• for those not on FB . A happy /sad moment which may required a hanky
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2bk_9T482g

• SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Morning all, Westie, for some reason I can't play the clip. However, I think it is from the film 'Up' and I know that bit is very poignant. It explains the whole relationship in just a few minutes and helps us understand that he is not simply a 'grumpy old man'. I suspect that many 'grumpy old men' have similar stories, if only we could be bothered to find out. Well, the good news is that the fitter has contacted us this morning to say that he will sort the kitchen out. All credit to MS who did a very good job of keeping his cool and not pushing the fitter into a situation where he would lose face if he agreed to do anything! It's pretty humid here today - I suspect SM's room will be like a sauna when we visit later. WAIST well xx
  • morning all

I can't play clips video clios at work - but I love that film!

good news on the kitchen Sluggy :)

hi all

good news on the kitchen slugs, hope it is sorted quickly

westie - I haven't actually seen that film before, beautiful clip

managed to keep up with running club last night - I rarely get chance to go and run with them, so always enjoy it when I go, but also always worry about keeping up with them all!
  • Evening All

Apologies for my long term absence - as you know things have been a bit fraught!!

But various woohoos, good lucks and (()) to those in need - I have read back but didn't take notes :)

Sluggie - glad kitchen sounds like it's on the mend.........as someone said it could have been really nasty had someone been there at the time

Westie - normal to be anxious at the impending op but I'm sure it'll be worth it long term

Jenni - I adored that photo of Ned you posted - he looks so absolutely scrummy  <3  However I can sympathise with your dog school pain as I take Tom to one too...........and he's like a toddler on speed............

The DG continues to hold his own.  Median life span from diagnosis is 5 - 6 weeks and he was diagnosed 4 weeks ago now but we are letting him live his life as he wants so he gets to have a 10 min walk in the morning (all he can manage) and he gets to bound upstairs to sleep with me even though the vet banned all exertion.........  We'd rather he had a few weeks fewer but happier if that's what it comes to

Melds - hope the FGO isn't too badly infected or affected by the heat and the flies.  Has he got his fetching onesie with the "pouch" on?

Yums, Bird and I had an absolute blast on The Beast.  They were both so fit but I have to confess that my knees meant I didn't have enough power to do all the bits (despite voltarol and cocodamol first!) so had to go round the side of some!  The other 2 were phenomenal though :)  Then had a lovely smoothie and then a burger while sitting on hale bails under the sun with a lovely breeze :)  

It was a really nice break away from life's realities :):smile:

Hopefully now although I'm back with 150 hormonal teens as of Monday I'll be able to pop in much more regularly again

Take are lovely WAISTers :)
  • Evening team :-)

podds, we are having an uphill battle with the flies at the moment, he has a few open ulcerated melanomas and the little beasties are getting in everywhere
    i have today bought some spray they use on bunnies bottoms in the hope that it might work as a deterrent

it sounds as if the DG will have a ball, regardless of days v weeks v months.

it appears I have a 1/2IM on Sunday, I have employed the Daffs training technique and shall wing it somewhat :-)

start my my new role on Monday with a whole week of earlies, I will be very tired and grumpy I can assure you. 

Have ve a good weekend all and I will see you all when I get home on Sunday !!

evening

meldy - good luck for the weekend and for your new role. Hope the FGO is ok

podds - good to have you back, sorry to hear about the DG

half term nearly over :( it isn't the hormonal teens I mind at work, it is the adults!
  • MC - that's because you've handed over the 11s to your poor Exams Officer!!  :p

Melds - is this the Cotswolds one?  It's near Mother Podds and I've often thought about supporting but it's just such a long trek back with exams the next day - hope the Daffers technique works as well for you as it seems to for her!

Poor old FGO - flies are miserable bar stewards and of course will be fatally attracted to any open sores :(  here's hoping the bunny bum stuff helps
  • YumsYums ✭✭✭
    Good evening. 

No flies on you,  m.... eldy.  They're all on poor Murph :-(
     Hope the bunny bum bum stuff helps the poor fella. 
    How did the Tri go?  Not too hilly I hope :-)

Glad MS managed to hit the right note with the calamitous kitchen fitter and it's done right next time.  Hope SM is happy in her own way

Oh dear,  half term is over.  Sorry teaching staff.  Hope the kids are gentle with you :-)

Happy birthday chuggs 
    *bashes dustbin lids together*
    Lang zal ze leven
    In the Gloria
    Hip hip hoorah :-)

I rather stupidly tripped on a speed bump whilst out running with run group this morning. Thankfully hozzie patched up my hand but knees are bruising up nicely.  Have discovered I can't get rubber gloves on to wash up.  I may forget to tell the boys when my hand is healed :-)

• DLDL ✭✭✭
    Morning

Sounds like a nasty fall if you ended up at the hozzie Yums - hope you're OK. Falling over when you're an adult is so much more painful than when we were kids.

Good news on the kitchen rescue Sluggie

((((All those involved with exams))))

(((DG)))

Great video Westie 

Good luck in the new job M.eldy.  Does this mean you have to be nice to people for a while?

Managed a bit of a run - went through some nettles - trying not to think about it!

Had a quick trip to London at the end of the week- did some touristy stuff with xfc - she seemed to enjoy it - friend took her to London Dungeon - we sat out in a park - excellent compromise!

Happy new week. Raining here.

• DLDL ✭✭✭
    morning

Forgot to say happy birthday to Chuggy, how remiss. Hope it was a jolly one.

It's even wetter.

Happy Tuesday - hope you stay dry
  • SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Morning all,

(((Yummy))), I'm sorry you took a tumble  :( Hope yorur sorely bits are feeling better.

Poor Murph, those horrid flies re ally make things unpleasant for him!

Indeed, belated Birthday wishes to the Chuggy one.

(((Westie))), I think your op is/has been this week? I hope that everything goes/has gone as well as they possibly can and you recover quickly.

(((Podds and DG))) am thinking of you.

DL, I'm glad you and xfc had a good time in London :)

Of course, recent news from London is less good. I am hugely thankful that SB was not involved, my heart goes out to those who did not get such good news :'(  As SB says, this is not Muslims being radicalised, it is discontent/angry/unhappy/whatever young men who become Muslimised and find a cause on which to hang their murdurous impulses  :#

It,s blowing a hoolie again (still?) here - Flaming June!

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

• morning all

(((Podds))) aww I hope the DG is taking full advantage of his situation

happy birthday (belated) to the lovely Chuggy xxx

come on them Melds how was the 1/2IM??

I did a half mara on Sunday - got a minibus with club pals - was fab and I managed to get just under 2 hours and "encouraged" my pal to get a PB :)

Neddy training class last night - I think he is getting slightly better (crosses all fingers and toes). he's excellent at the sitting and lying down - gives paws and all that. he just can't walk on a lead and be calm around other dogs :)

evening

JFF - well done on your half

yums - ouch! Hope you are ok, falls really hurt!

Chugs - happy birthday, hope it was a good one

DL - your trip to London with xfc sounds good.

I seem to be on a streak - 12 days of running. I doubt whether I will keep it up for long, I don't want to injure myself, but it is nice to force myself out in the bad weather :) Really enjoyed this evening's run
  • Pippi LSPippi LS ✭✭✭
    We returned from a long weekend in Nice yesterday to a drizzly Liverpool and back to school today, where one of our larger trees is in a perilous state! Nice was lovely (Meldy sans bike last year? We saw on a tourist leaflet that the IM is this month) and I would recommend it - much nicer than we had expected! I've jsut written all the maths reports and can't be doing with a holiday report ... but I will, later in the week, perhaps ...

• Morning chaps  :)

I am in the middle of about a million early shifts, can't wait for the last one tomorrow! Late shift Saturday just to make up my hours and then off til Thursday ...not too much changing with regards the new role but we are goi g through a few big changes work system/process wise so a 
    lot of stresses around ...

the 1/2IM was nice, very pretty location and course, nice flat swim and bike and a trail run, I seem to have a misbehaving knee at the moment so I couldn't run quite as much as I wanted and was fairly happy with a 7 hour finish

Yums, hope you are healing well, taking a fall at your age can be dodgy  ;)

Pippi or MC I think it was you a few weeks ago saying that you were looking at a smart phone/heating interface?? .....and that you wouldn't need it for a few months?? We know who to blame for the current wind and rain and temperature drop !!

Nice is lovely, it's the type of city where you need to walk the back streets off the beaten track and look up, it's all very French above street level!

not me!! I have no idea what a smart phone/heating interface is!!!