working at it slowly

Comments

• Good news about the pass MC - how did they get confused in the first place?! 

Evening all :) Apologies for absence, things have been rather hectic here with a little trip to Berlin, the impending start of the new term, and buy-a-house nonsense. I think I will be grey within the next few weeks and will certainly NEVER be moving house again - assuming, that is, that we get to move this time, which is far from certain at the minute. 

Currently awaiting a mortgage decision - silly me figured this would be the straightforward bit of the process, given permanent well paid job, no poor credit history etc, but apparently nothing is straightforward. Provided every bit of financial paperwork I own and hoping they'll be content tomorrow now I've vowed to pay off my bloody student loan which comes out of my salary before I even see it and which everyone knew about at the start but only seem to have noticed this week. Aarrgghh! Fingers crossed... 

((((((((hugs to poorly and stressed waisters and relatives))))))) 

My nan was taken into hospital again the other day, they thought she'd had a second stroke but apparently she was just messing around and is back in the care home now as right as rain and probably having a laugh at them all... 

Needless to say there has been no running here!
  • Hi MC, are you a PiXL school by chance? We seem to have this "growth mindset" thing too and it's generally the pixies who come up with these "great" ideas!

English marking this year anecdotally is not good. Lots of marking reviews (not remarks!!!) and some big changes both up and down. Glad it went the right way for teen MC
  • Afternoon,

Yes, I'm glad the remark went the right way for teen MC. What a shock the first makr must have been!

Podds, it sounds as if things have been hectic for you throughout :( I must say that your description of Tom and Badger's toilet habits is not particularly attractive! Mind you, I share a bedroom with Sky and her litter-tray, so I don't have much room to talk! :)

Daffs, sterkte! You really do have my sympathy. Our move gave me plenty of grey hairs and, thankfully, there wasn't a mortgage in the equation. I'm sure you are not the only person to fall foul of your student loan :(

Not much going on here - TM and Eaters' Club for me today, aquagym, shopping and visit SM tomorrow.  Rock 'n roll!!  :D

Hoping that the absent WAISTers are away having fun rather than having problems!

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxxx
  • DLDL ✭✭✭
    Afters

I haven't been to Iceland. I went to Bejam's back in the day.....

Yay to remarking MC - phew!

This weeing on one's head Podds - is it something particular to greyhounds?? Other than that all seems good. Unless of course the weeing on the head thing is something you train them to do!???

I went for a run this morning
    I do wonder why I keep trying!

Happy Thursday - hope the sun is shining where you are
  • daffs - that all sounds a bit stressful, fingers crossed the house and mortgage work out

podds - no, we aren't a pixl school, but our head is also employed by Optimus Education and writes for them, bases all her articles on things she has implemented at our school, it is all a load of crap. 
  • Bejams ... now there's a name from the past!!

Daffs, fingers crossed for you

You too Yums, if a good friendship comes from it then I think that's  a winner ..

Its been a while since I popped in, soz  :-)    All this time on my hands and I have been doing a spot of visiting amongst the working.   I see not a lot changes!

I am (strangely) away again this weekend but only overnight as I am marshalling a the Vitruvian on Saturday and then supporting my pal at the local half mara on sunday,  I was supposed to be running but my legs appears to have fallen off so I am obeying physios orders

had the old couple from Devon up last weekend and we spent a day at Bletchley Park,  very well worth the visit and you need more than a day to get round all the exhibits,  luckily the ticket they give you is valid for a year which I think is a very good idea.  Its an excellent set up (.lottery funded) and they have a soundscape playing all over the grounds so you get all the vintage sounds and spitfires and people laughing and playing rounders et.c ...

I am snatching 5 mins whilst at the crime face, I shall endeavour to pop in once I am home on Sunday!

• Evening, just a quick drop in as I'm knackered! 

Another all day dog show tomorrow and then back to the grindstone but will try to find a moment to post a couple of Badget photos!
  • YumsYums ✭✭✭
    morning lovely WAISTers

How are we all ?

Jenni, life is usually more relaxed when the boos isn't in even if it does mean we actually have to do more work.  How are the lovely little FarFars these days. Shock me with how old they are and what they do for a living/what else they have been up to :-)

MC, kids and marriage change everything I think. Not necessarily worse but just different. I think it often becomes a communication of necessary facts rather than how we feel about things. I hope the new term is going well :-)

DL - another birthday celebration. I'm sure I'll be forgiven for thinking you have more birthdays than the Queen :-)   How was the welsh zip wire experience? Is it scarey - Sue's pictures made it look scarey. If the weather is bad so they stop people zipping? No visit to Wales would be complete without some lovely Welsh weather to welcome you and give yo uthe full experience :-)

Sluggy, The return to school always seems to bring freshness and anticipation although perhaps not now my two are now officially not school kids. I didn't realise that autum has two start dates. One is the (i think) Gregorian Calendar and the other is the autumnal equinox. So depending which you take notice of autumn has either started or it hasn't. I'm sorry SM was asleep the entire time you were with her but I suppose it means she's comfortable 

Podds, Badger sounds as though he is doing really well although I'm not sure that having Tom as his mentor is necessarily a good thing :-)  How is Tom these days? Has he settled any more when out walking ? The head piddling thing made me smile as it reminded me of Ivor, Frankie, Elvis and Cushtie when they were out one day :-) Bless dear Elvis being content with his spot on the sofa. He was Cushties favourite hound of yours. Special school years seem to crop up every now and then but at least the predictions were accurate. Hopefully it only happens occasionally.

Yay, Pippi's back from Iceland. Did you remember to get the prawn ring? It sounds as though you were quite lucky with the weather. It certainly looks amazing. Just the kind of place where you would be spoilt for photographic opportunities to explore your talents

what is a growth mindset ? Where can I get one. is it like a trigonometry set?

Well, me and young lady have had date 3. In lesmania that usually means she brings her suitcase and moves in. I ran my 16 last week. Possibly and hopefully the worst run of my life. I'm not sure why. Maybe a combination of factors. I think the group went too fast and I wasn't fuelled well. I reached the point I wanted to sit by the side of the road (I didn't)asI felt so bad. I felt better after I drank a milkshake at the end so i'm thinking fuelling wasn't right. Today is 8-10 on my own and slowly. Slow lady has junked the race and didn't do the distance last week so future training will have to be on my own. If my next long run is no good I will withdraw from the race. In other news this week with work I have been to the Palace of Westminster and Nottingham.

• *peeps round the door 
  • Oh my word ''twas a right palaver to find the last post!

I know I should read back but I'm sat on the loo trying to do a poop before my long run & I suddenly thought about you all
  • Oooh I'm still in the loo readback a bit, Posss has new doggie. Daff's moving house somewhere near Tissington??? Are some of you running that?? I'm running the Saturday I got a PB there last year 2:01 was hoping to go under 2 this year but my training hasn't been going well & have. Few niggles!!

eek just seen time I'm late
  • morning all

hi spence - hope you have a good run

I am trying to wake my body up enough to go for a longish run

yums, sounds like things are going well with your new friend?

• Spence is back and talking about poo! Some things never change!

We went out last night to celebrate our wedding anniversary (32!!! How?) and had an expensive taster menu with wine to match each course. Absolutely superb but rather wish I hadn't had a G&T before ... We stumbled home onto the last train which only got us across the river, then a taxi home the rest of the way! Long lie in this morning ... We've had a walk down to the prom and got a panini for lunch, then caught the bus back as the rain was bouncing off the tarmac.

You still seem to be doing loads of running and enjoying it Spence. I am fairly sure that someone is doing Tissington. I know I looked after you did it last year but it gets booked up quickly. I really need to enter something then I would come home and go for a run rather than looking at a pile of paperwork and thinking I'd better get on with this first.
  • Afternoon all,

Belated Happy Anniversary Pippi! You are just 1 year behind us. It sounds as if you had a lovely evening, hope the head is OK today!

We have had some dire weather here today but I am reminding myself to be thankful that we are not in the path of Irma!

|(((WIN)))

xx
  • morning all I would love to go to Iceland too. I believe it used to be massively expensive - is it more reasonable now?

good news MC so much better than him having to retake the exam :)

• well I failed to read a whole page! nice to see you Spence - still talking poop

thanks on the Bletchley Park tip I really fancy that

ok Yums since you asked: Littlun is now 21! can you believe it! he got fed up at school and dropped out of his A levels, worked for a while at local place and then did an apprenticeship as a plasterer. I wasn't best impressed with this as he was very academic, but he's stuck with it on a low wage for 2 years and is now working with a pal to get experience and enjoying it. only downside is plaster - everywhere!

the Bigun is causing me concern as always - he is 25 (surely I'm too you you say) and has struggled to find a permanent job going between agency work and causing us a lot of grief with money :( he now has a job at Mr FF's place but is stressed out - hopefully once he gets settled he will be OK but at the moment we are all walking on eggshells

• morning all I would love to go to Iceland too. I believe it used to be massively expensive - is it more reasonable now?

NO!! :o
  • Morning all,

All of the Scandinavian countries are very expensive, the weak pound is making that worse. Add to that the fact that Iceland is an island, so has to import a lot of things, and the prices can be eye-watering! Mind you, it is 11 years since we were there, and then only for a couple of days.

Jenni, it's hard to think of your youngest being 21! Where does the time go?

Not much happening here, just the usual round of visits to SM interspersed with choir, coffee etc.

(((WIN)))
  • DLDL ✭✭✭
    Howdie

Hope the mortgage has been approved Daffers

How many cats have you and your lady friend acquired Yums? Often an indicator of commitment to the cause!

Farty - you don't look old enough! Hope kids stop being a worry at some point. I'm saying that selfishly! 

I am day 2 into  a 3 day training course on a management information system. I have discovered I am a key decision maker. This is a worry seeing as it all became a blur at about 11 am yesterday! 

Yum's - you were asking about the zip wire. It was amazingly unscary. Two friends who are scared of everything really enjoyed it too. Think because they give the appearance of being very safety conscious you get excited and are able to enjoy it, especially as there are actually 3 runs so after the first you know what to expect.

hope the dog show went well Podds.

As a tight wad git there are places I would go to before Iceland. Unless one of you wants to take me with you as a guest????

Hey Spence. I am due to be at Tissington. I will be appearing in the guise of a spectator. Supposed to be taking part as group  for friends who are celebrating their 50th. Who would choose to run 13 miles as a fun activity??? Ian with Pippi. Special events should involve good food and wine!!!

OH and I are off for a week of sunshine on Friday. Having had a summer of abandoned plans due to teenage issues we have decided to put ourselves first and take a week to make sure we can get things back into perspective and recover whatever little bit of sanity we had to begin with! Can't wait!!!!!

Happy autumnal greetings
  • Evening all,

Where are you off to DL? And when? I hope you are going abroad, I would like the sun to come back :D
  • Evening. Remember me? I used to occasionally post. Not been in for ages. No excuse. Tend to be on FB more. Plus had 7 months no running with injury so now back  
  • Course we remember you Amandax! Welcome back! You too Spence! 

Glad you're getting away DL, although I don't hold much hope of you recovering sanity... ;):D 

House nonsense continues here. New house has now been valued - at £0. Sadly I am assured this does NOT mean I can have it for free, but rather involves a tedious (and probably lengthy and expensive) process of drawing arbitary lines on maps and parting with a load of cash.

Or something. This all happened yesterday when I'd managed to give myself food poisoning so I'm a little hazy on the details.

Oh and apparently someone has shooting rights over my garden. Will have to stick a net over me cabbages.

Nothing's ever simple is it? Might take up running again to give myself something to think about. 

Hugs to waister pals xx
  • Welcome back Amanda, hope you are fully recovered now.

Oh dear Daffs :( Are you going to continue trying to sort thing out for this house or look elsewhere?
  •  morning all

crikey Daffs - sounds like an individual sort of house - as expected :)

lovely to see you Amandax - spotted you on FB - did you do the Bachus marathon/1/2  - is that the one with wine stops?

good news though that that DL is planning a holiday abroad, at least that means some sunshine for the rest of us ;)

• No way were starting all this nonsense again with another house Sluggy!! Battling it out with this one, and if we lose it we'll sell ours anyway and rent for a while - at least we won't be trying to do everything at once then!

Tee hee at DL leaving sunshine for the rest of us :D
  • oh daffs that all sounds very stressful

amandax - great to have you back, hope your injury is all better now

bit of a stressful day, one of the girls in my tutor group was attacked on her way to school by 3 men, the police are treating at a kidnap situation rather than just assault. Horrible
  • That is terrible Mc! Was the girl hurt physically?
  • Gosh MC, how awful! Hope she's ok  x
  • hi, physically she just had a few grazes  but I imagine it will take her a long time to get over it. Hopefully she will be back at school on Monday