Options

working at it slowly

Comments

• Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Afternoon,

Yumms, I am so glad that you are seeing the benefit of the inhaler :) Your running is going well - where/when is your mara? What are the minis up to - any sign of a poliss job?

The cat café has an 'air lock' type set up with double doors. You must shut one before opening the other and there are staff on hand to ensure this happens. Food arrives in 'tupperware' type boxes (I don't know about hot meals cos we didn't have one) with lids and cold drinks are served in lidded 'kilner' type containers. One of the cats can hear the boxes opening from the other end of the building!

The cats each have their own sleeping area that is entered/exited via a microchip controlled cat flap and public are not allowed in those areas. Customers/visitors also have to sign a form to say that they have read a set of rules regarding cat care. Things like not feeding them, not picking them up, not disturbing them if they are sleeping and there are lots of volunteer staff on hand to keep an eye on things. I think my main worry about these places is around what happens to the cats if the cafes are not able to make the profit they need to stay in business  . . .

Speaking of cats, I have just had a long chat with Sky's vet. Poor lady was quite upset when she was asked to ring me as she thought I was going to say that Sky needed to be euthanised. She was delighted to hear that madam is still doing well. We have decided to keep her on the same dose of steroids for the foreseeable future. Alf is also well, he was delighted with himself yesterday as he had caught himself a squirrel!

(((WIN)))

• Options
    SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    Far Far, yes I'm thinking I'm going to have to give Imodium a go. Are you joining me and XB at Ed half next year??
     20 miler yums!!!? Wow! What race are you doing? I couldn't face anything longer than a half now
  • Options
    Evening All

Now I know that the Anthony Gormley statues aren't for everyone.......but seriously..........trying to run ours down with a ship seems a bit of an over reaction !!
    Image result for statue margate gormley ship aground

• Options
    The irony is that since the statue appeared there are all sorts of notices saying don't walk on the rocks to photograph it as it's a SSSI, MCZ and an SPA...........and then a bloomin' great ship arrives slap bang in the middle!! 

• Options
    DLDL ✭✭✭
    underwhelmed? That was me at my most animated!

MC - i hate job hunting - need to do it myself too - I feel your pain!

I don't feel your pain Yums - running long distances - entirely unnecessary! I keep telling myself.

I am not where I should be - thank you once again to Ofsted for running rampant through my diary and shaking things up in a somewhat disruptive and stressful manner!

Happy nearly new week - hope it's nearly the weekend!
  • Options
    Feels like it should be the bloody weekend already! 

(((((((Waister pals))))))) lots of us needing hugs right now. So sorry to hear of those of you with crappy jobs, always dreadful to hate the thing you do every day :( wish we could set up some kind of waister running co op - I'll operate the refreshments hut ;):D Yums, looks like you're Runner-In-Chief at the minute, good work! :D 

Nothing to report here. Been waiting almost a fortnight for our sellers to agree to something which has absolutely no consequences for them, but if they say no will mean we don't get a mortgage and therefore can't buy their house. Not having a great time right now with one thing and another and can't wait for this entire bloody year to be over.

Oddly enough though work is excellent fun and keeping me sane right now while everything else is chaos!
  • Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Daffs, I'm glad you are enjoying your job - it's really important to have something else in your life that helps take your mind off all the house moving carp! 

We nearly called off our move at the last minute. Our vendors were messing around and hadn't even signed contracts on the day we expected to exchange. One week later we still had not exchanged and I emailed our buyers to warn them we were going to pull out the next morning. They persuaded us to give it a bit longer, so we set the deadline for exchange to 'lunchtime' the next day. We actually exchanged at around 12.30pm! I can honestly say that I hope to never move home again!

• Options

morning all

oh Daffs - house-moving is just awful Mr FF also says he will never move again! and we didn't have anything too complicated. I'm so pleased you are enjoying your work - especially as you will need to work for a long time once you have a mortgage mwahaha :)

Spence I like the idea of Edinburgh, also lots of people from my club are booking Tissington for next year and I know it gets full quickly - but I have a real issue planning anything more than a few months in advance! I wonder what that says about me?

yay for Sky :)  and congratulations to Alf I've never know a cat catch a skwirl :)

my work is OK but I'm totally fed up with my work-life balance and in my head I am planning an escape - some sort of semi retirement which makes me feel a lot better about it. I have dreams of sewing, cooking, allotments and running :) there is a vague chance of redundancy in the future as my current contract looks to be changing but I'm never that lucky!

• Options
    DLDL ✭✭✭
    Oooh that was strange. I missed lots of posts when I last posted. I didn't even see the ship - maybe the captain used a similar excuse with the statue!! So apologies to those it seemed I was ignoring - you were in a different dimension when I was here last!

God news on Skycat and impressive hunting from Alf. We are just working consistently through the mouse population here - averaging 2 a week - worse when it rains!

Hope you get the redundancy you want JFF - sounds harsh!!

Had an email about entering Tissington - I was nearly tempted - then I recognised the crazy.

(((((Daffers))))) moving is the work of the devil and his lawyers. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

We had 2 of those Ofsted things this week. The one I was supporting remotely went well. The one I went to was exhausting and very challenging. Every so often I think I should train to become an inspector, then I go through another inspection and I remember what a collection of highly unpleasant, arrogant people work for them and what a thoroughly horrible experience they put people through on a daily basis. I'm now thinking of working in a cat cafe......

Is it nearly the weekend??????

Happy Friday folks - hope the tropical temperatures waft your way

• Options
    Afternoon - just a quickie as I'm up to my eyeballs with Friday deadlines but couldn't resist this memory from Berry...

http://https//www.runnersworld.co.uk/training/beginners/nice-guys-and-girls-finish-last

with this lovely lady..........

• Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Crikey Podds, that is a real blast from the past! It feels as if it was a completely different person who did that - " that was in a different country, and besides, the wench is dead . . ."

DL, I am sure the schools being inspected value your input hugely. Putting yourself through that time and again sounds the act of a masochist - or a lunatic!

Mum was not great again today. She really didn't engage with us at all and even getting her to eat a bit of cake took a while - I didn't even try her with chocolate. I'm afraid I am at the stage of wishing the end would come soon now :( However, that is not in my power to arrange - and I think I am probably glad of that, all things considered.

Glad, for everyone else's sake, that it is Friday. The days are much the same here, now that we are both retired :)

(((WIN)))

• Options

Evening chaps :-0

I recovered from the snots!!    Lovely to hear that Sky is continuing to exceed expectations bless her and as for catching a sqwirl (we call them that too!) you have to be very quick to catch one of them!

Yums, 20 miles well done you!!  and Farty Pants, amazing result for you,  I was stalking on FB !

Life is far too short to stop in a job you are not happy in, nothing ventured and all that ... I know its not quite as liberal as walking away never to return, even Daffs has to be a grown up sometimes!  I hope the house move goes smoothly for you,  I cant say I am in a hurry to repeat that circumstance either!

2nd of 4 night shifts for me so I am feeling very nocturnal,  off to running club later tonight to beast some newbie runners!

• Options

hello all thanks Melds - yes I did Birmingham marathon yesterday - I found it very hard indeed and a real slog but managed 4:34 so very pleased with my fitness level  :)

(((Sluggy)))

happy new week chums - any house news Daffs?

• Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Afternoonicles,

Melds, I am very glad that you are no longer playing host to Luigi.

Well run Jenni!

Wouldn't you know it - Mum was brighter again yesterday! The general trajectory is still downwards but she doesn't look as if she is planning to go anywhere just yet.

• Options
    DLDL ✭✭✭
    Evening all

4.34 for a marathon???? Blimey that is Far too Fast!!! Yay and wooo hooo

((( Uppy downy sluggy mummy))))

Hoorah for receding lurgification Meldmeister

I am in the new forest. I can't tell that it's new. It looks quite well established to me.

I hoped to run at the weekend. It's lucky I have learned to cope with disappointment!

Onwards and upwards chaps. Hope the wind didn't cause chaos and disruption in your parts.

• Options
    Oi Meldy, what's all this 'even Daffs has to grow up sometimes' nonsense?! I was going to object but can't decide whether I'm already grown up or never plan to, so I might just keep quiet :D 

(((Sluggy and family)))) not easy to see your mum like that :( 

Gosh speedy far far! Most impressive! 

(((((Waister pals))))))) 

Very little house news yet... solicitor has sent required letter to lender, and we are hoping for an actual mortgage offer this side of 2019. Ten weeks in now and still don't know if they'll lend us the dosh to buy the place, aarrgghh! 

On another house note, I walked past the other day and there were cows in one of our fields... I was slightly concerned until a farmer came down the drive saying he was looking for them. Grass was clearly greener on our bit...
  • Options
    Evening All

I have been in the big smoke

Had to have alcofrol as safety measure against pollution and stuff

• Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Evening all,

Gosh, it looks as if my WAISTERmates are travelling to some exotic places! :D 

(((Daffs))), I really hope that things start moving with the house purchase soon.
  • Options
    YumsYums ✭✭✭

morning :-)

Woo hoo Mrs farst farst. Excellent time so you should be pleased indeed. I hope you get made redundant too as you seem to have not had the right work/life balance for some considerable time.

Spence take Immodium when you have the runs... sorry go for a run

((((sluggy))) It must be harder to deal with when SM is up and down as you prepare yourself for the worst and then she has a better day. As you say, sad to see her having reached this stage yet the physical body isn't ready to give up. its good to hear the cat café do take care to look after the puddytats and ensure diners don't enjoy the full cat experience!

Wow, that's some parking, Podds. Can you imagine being the Captain and having to explain how it happened. I would have thought that unless there was a mechanical failure that shouldn't have happened. Well it was a little windy, Officer...

(((Daffs))) I think you have grown up.. mainly but have thankfully retained your quirky daffiness :-) I'm sorry the house thing is proving difficult. I never understand why some folk seem to delay things. However from my experience a long time ago I suspect the solicitors/agents/mortgage people are usually behind it. I recall the people we bought from saying they'd been ready to move for months but we delayed it. Funny because we were told it was them delaying things - we were ready. Love the idea of cows in your garden moo moo moo :-)

((DL)) Don't join Ofsted. I always think that auditors and the like are pedantic nit pickers who have to justify their own existence. However imagine the fun you could have at home - spreadsheets for everything, accounts, receipts, housework checks. Even blur of a kitten would need to record kills/variety of animals/method of dispatch etc.

Good to know you are recovered enough to beast some club newbies, M...eldy. Lovely pictures of sweet GPOkins on FB. he's so fluffy and soft. He wouldn't harm anyone or thing...

Nuffin new here. no 2 has his Poliss interview in early November. I already have everything crossed for him. New bird is still around and we are bimbling along happily. I am not in tapir mode. Apparently my legs should be starting to feel refreshed. Really ? Hmmmm.... anyhoo, run is the Stort 30 on 29 Oct. I have bagged a seat in the coach's car. Mainly to ensure I turn up I reckon. If there was a running backwards away from the start race I'd definitely win. There are no toilets on the course which right now is possibly my biggest concern. Plenty of bushes but having watched a YouTube vijeo the towpath is narrow but hopefully some discreet bushes along the way for the ladies! I don't enjoy my job but the work life balance is good and its local and flexible - at least for now. I decided Its more fun to be the experienced old curmudgeon than play the corporate game and lose my work/life balance for promotion and £100 extra each month.

WAIST well lovelies

x

• Options

morning all

I'm definitely with you there Yums  - in theory I should be far higher up the greasy pole given my qualifications and experience (ie old) but why would I bother? most of the extra money would go in tax and I can do without the extra hassle - maybe this is part of the reason for the pay gender gap - women have more sense. my main problem is the travel - I can think of much nicer things to do with 10 hours per week

your new house sounds very exciting Daffs I hope it gets sorted soon

DL you are much too nice to join ofsted :)

I see from farcebooook that the pirates have lost one of their own :(

• Options
    hi all

I keep popping in, reading then seem to forget to post!

half term now so today has been slightly lazy! 

yums - a 30 mile run with no loos? I hope there are some good bushes! I think I might get stressed at that thought, although in reality I rarely need the loo while in midrace

JFF - yes, sadly we have lost Nicko :( It has been a bad week for me - first my granny (aged 103) last Saturday, then on Monday my husband's uncle, then Nicko, although I didn't know him well, had just chatted online with him and met him briefly in person
  • Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    MC, I'm sorry that you have had such a rough time recently. 

I also send my sympathy to the Pirates for their loss. I think I met Nicko a couple of times, although I certainly couldn't claim friendship. 

Yums, I know you will do well with your 30 miler. If you are really worried about the lack of loos, you could always take a cork with you! :p

Not much happening here although troubled by the wind today :D

(((WIN)))

• Options
    DLDL ✭✭✭
    Hello

((((MC)))) hope half term restores you to your former glory

((((Pirate chums))))

Yums -  I have crossed some bits for no 2's poliss interview too. You've been with this new bird for a while now - how many cats are you up to?

Had a busy week last week, half term is bringing a bit of respite, even though I'm working.

Saw my first live badger in my whole life last night. Very proud of myself - I didn't even run it over.

Friend went to park run las Saturday and fell over. She has broken her clavicle in 2 places and has had surgery. I have decided running is a dangerous sport. I should probably do a risk assessment or something before I think about trying it again.

Hope the new week brings something exotic or exciting your way

• Options
    DL - good god, hope your friend heals quickly. A runner fell in the race I did yesterday, I stopped to help, and enquired on the fb page last night - she has broken her ankle! You might be right about running being a bit dangerous....

had a lazy day to start off half term :)
  • Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    You deserve some downtime Mc!

DL, it sounds as if you are wise to steer clear of this running lark! Hope your friend mends well.

• Options

that's it! no more running! I've had a few falls luckily only scabby knees and a bruised ego so far

I hope you are feeling chilled out by now MC

• Options

HELLO

**sits and sulks in the lonely WAISter lounge**

• Options
    DLDL ✭✭✭
    Hello lonely WAISTers

Happy has just arrived

:) 

Went to see friend with broken bits today. Had bought her some nice fair trade stuff to make a 'care package' , only problem being, had to take a half eaten packet of biscuits - XFC had opened and munched her way merrily through without realising why we had bought posh biscuits!!!! Also couldn't find her Get Well Card which I bought with al good intentions - ahh well - it's the thought that counts. I'm hoping my thoughts are better at maths than I am.

I would like to employ a job finder and applier please. I'd like a new job but I'm rubbish at looking and even rubbisher at applying!!!!

Where is everyone these days? 

Is it nearly home time?????

Happy tumbleweedy Thursday