working at it slowly

Comments

• Well said Sluggie re Meldy and her fellow workmates all keeping us safe and in one peace over the festive period

Congrats to all who have managed to run or at least not eat their own weight in Cmas food and boohiss to teens (or any others) nicking Cmas spirit and making it bah humbug!!

We were very quiet yesterday for Cmas Day - a "brown food" day and then both fell asleep in the afternoon I'm afraid.....
  • Awww  Christmas hounds!

Another fairly bizzy night here,  2 more to go and then 4 days off

• Merry Christmas lovely WAISter pals :)

we've had a lovely few days rather too much to eat and drink - like sluggy I love the leftovers and have a turkey sandwich for my lunch today (back in the office) if I were you Sluggy I would look out for a reduced price turkey-crown just for the leftovers :)

I'm not fussed on new year either. I'm at work today but working from home for the rest of the week which is good because the washing machine has had a few days off and the washing pile is hoooooj! 

• aww I missed the houndies :) (didn't see the last page)

I think it was Yums that asked - but on the race every month thing I did plan to do different distances but ended up doing 1 10k, 3 marathons and the rest were halfs. 3 were part of a holiday which I love doing, and the rest were fairly local. Maybe doing a parkrun on the months you didn't have a race booked would also work and keep the cost down. I'm hoping to do it again this year :)

• Jenni, the race a month thing sounds a really good way of maintaining interest through the year. We used to enjoy combining a race with a trip away too.

Yes, I am hoping to find a reduced turkey that I can use for sandwiches. The 3 bird roast was OK but I don't think we will have it again, I prefer plain ol' turkey.

We have had a pub lunch with SB and waved goodbye at the railway station. I am always sad when he goes back but his life is there now. 

Counting the days until our holiday on 30th Jan now! :)

• Ooh, where are you off to Sluggy? 

Merry Christmas waister pals xxxx Hope 2018 is an improvement for all of us. Hope Christmas passed without too much incident...

Nothing to report here - although I did get out and do a very chilly couple of miles this morning :) Trying to develop a running habit before I return to work.... :D 

I like the idea of a race a month :) I'll be moving 27 miles away from my current parkrun... but apparently they are opening a new FLAT one this week only about 30 mins from the new house and starting and ending at a nice cafe :D Might try to aim to do that once a month at least. Not signed up for the series of trail races yet - bit scared... But they don't start til Feb and the first one is only 4 miles along a river so can't be that bad!

(famous last words...) 

Any new years resolutions in the offing??
  • No resolutions from me, haven't made any for many years.

We managed to get a good deal on a 12 day cruise to the Canaries, leaving on 30th January. We couldn't book ahead while SM was so poorly, so this seemed perfect for us. 

SM has finished things with his young lady. It was his decision but he is still very upset and feels very guilty. I just wanted to give him a big hug but he was back in London by that time :(
  • I know it's been a while since my last post but I still try to keep in touch with FB as I found this site not as user friendly as it was and i do hate change.
    OK I have waited till after the christmas for this post as it is not the one i would have liked to send you all. As most of you know 2017 has been a crap year for the family with loosing my brother and hospitals etc well 2017 left it till the end to kick us in the teeth.
    My 2 year old great grandson became very ill three days before christmas and was rushed to hospital . He has now been transferred to the sick childrens hospital in Edinburgh and placed in an induced coma and has had MRI scans etc and things are not looking good . there has been damage to the brain and it will be a while before they know the extent of any problems . My granddaughter is coping with the situation and has remained very strong and has a room in the hospital where the staff are brilliant looking after them.
    Some nice Waister vibes sent this way would be very welcome love to you all Westie.
  • Westie, that's so awful I can't find words. What a terrible thing for you all. At least the little lad is in the best place he can be, and they are doing all the right things; and children have remarkable powers of recuperation, so don't give up hope. Lots and lots of massive WAISter vibes are with you all. Please keep us posted. 
  • Westie, how utterly awful for everyone concerned. I will certainly be sending WAISTer vibes northwards. 
  • Aw Westie, that is indeed rotten :( Many waister vibes to you all from down here. Lots of love xxxxxx
  • DLDL ✭✭✭
    ((((((((Westie and family)))))))

All good thoughts, energies, vibes and prayers your way
  • oh westie what awful news, hugs and vibes from me xxx
  • (((Westie and family))) - do they have any idea what caused it?

• he had a bad chest infection so they took him to the hospital and they had a look at him but sent him home that night . He go worse over the next couple of days and started having seizures so got rushed back into hospital. It appears the infection got into his blood stream and hence to the brain hence meningitis. they tried to slowly bring him out of the coma after a few days but he started to have seizures again so he is back under induced coma at the moment. there are shadows on his brain scan so to what extent the damage is they are not aware at this time. We can only wait in hope for the next stage in his treatment.
  • (((((Westie))))))
  • Rough times Westie ((( ))). Here's hoping the famed resilience of small children kicks in with him.
  • oh Westie :( I'm so sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with you and your family xxx
  • Westie, Podds got it in one. Hopefully the remarkable resilience of the very young will come through for him. Please let us know when you hear any more news. Lots of WAISter vibes are with you all. xx

• Happy New Year everyone. May it be better than 2017 which hasn't been one of the best, has it?
     :) 
  • Happy new year everyone. We had a very quiet one as both the wife and i had anasty bug which has dragged on for a couple of weeks.
    The latest on the great grandson is a slight change. He has been on medication and a ventilator for the last 12 days and after some consultation they are going to reduce his medication and monitor his reaction this they have done over the last 48 hours. He has only had two short slight sezures and does appear to have some awareness and has responded to touch . IT is going to be a long slow process but we have some hope he will pull through this.

• That sounds like a step in the right direction Westie, fingers still crossed and many waister vibes for you and your family xxx

Happy 2018 lovely waister pals, and yes, I hope this one is more positive for all of us (and that it may also involve a little more running for a few of us too! :D ) Did I tell you we have entered a series of (short! flatish!) trail races? First one on 4th Feb - eek!

I'd love to say I'll be going out for a run today, but having stayed up til 4am I fear I shall spend much of the day either sitting on my backside or walking slowly and steadily :D 
  • Happy New Year everyone

Westie, that sounds positive, fingers crossed for a good recovery however long it takes. 
  • SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Happy New Year to all, I hope that 2018 will bring you many happy times.

Westie, thanks for the update. It does sound as if things are moving in the right direction but I completely understand that you would all like improvement to be rather more rapid!
  • Happy New Year one and all

May it bring us all a little bit of what we need and a lot of what we want without any of the bad bits if at all possible, please, thank you very much 

Oh and dogs that fart less..............
  • DLDL ✭✭✭
    Happy New Year one and all - may the balance be in favour of good stuff and happy running

(((((Westie)))) continuing to send positive thoughts Northwards.

Very much hope the farting dog thing works out for you Podds - hoping for much the same with OH!

Our festive period was challenging. XFC chose Christmas day to have an almighty strop and in the evening she stormed out the house never to return. She has only been back to pick up bits and pieces, but she is at least talking to OH now and communication channels are opening up a bit. 

Had a little burst of running in the last two weeks - hope to continue for the whole year

See, optimism, fantasy and dreaming are still alive and well in these parts!

Happy very first Tuesday of the year - hope it brings you something lovely
  • happy new year my lovelies wishing us all a happy and healthy 2018

still thinking of you and ours Westie I hope the little one continues to make progress xxx

I'm with you an the farting dogs Podds - our Ned is an absolute stinker!

oh DL what a nightmare :( - I hope XFC at least has somewhere safe to stay.

new year is generally busy for me with work (year-end) but I do like January and have an optimistic new year kind of feeling :)

• SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all,

DL, I'm sorry to hear about the bust-up with XFC, especially as it happened on Christmas Day! :( I am glad that channels of communication are now open and share Jenni's hope that she has somewhere safe to stay. This doesn't take away from the sterling job you have done of getting her to this stage, I hope you and OH don't forget that.

Westie, am also still sending vibes in a northerly direction.

I am very glad that choir restarts this evening as I am more than ready to re-establish a 'normal' routine. Now that my physical activities are so limited, singing is the one thing that really lifts my spirits.
  • Ditto what Sluggie said re XFC DL - you've done brilliantly with her

Hope choir was good Sluggie

I would offer to come and be exciting and lift your spirits with Tom and Badger but I suspect the puddy tats might have something to say about that !!  And Elvis says can he uplift your spirits from his sofa if you don't mind as he's now 12 having just had his birthday......